Old 04-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #16  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Great job everyone!

I have a question for the group. I will be traveling the week before Easter and all meals will need to be eaten out. I'm terrified about whether I'll be able to stay on plan. Do you have some ideas of how I can eat enough to satisfy without going over my points for this week? (Extra info, I will be traveling with someone who is not a dieter. We will be in NC). Thanks for any tips!
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #17  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Karin, I'm about to be traveling myself. I always pack healthy snacks (fruit, beef jerky, Fiber One bars) so that I never make mistakes due to being ravenous. I always try to plan where I'm going so I can look up the restaurant's menu and their nutritional info and plan. I want to always go in with a plan; I'm more likely to stick to it. If in doubt, I try to stick to things I know are safe: salads, chicken breast - lean protein and veggies. I never feel bad ordering off the menu or substituting, and every restaurant I go to is always pleasant about it.

I also know what I can eat for how many points at any fast food restaurant, so in a quick pinch, I can know what to eat to stay on plan.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #18  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Happy Sunday It is a sunny day here, a little chilly. I'm going to bundle myself up and go to the beach for a nice walk. I can't be any better on the food front, but I can up my water, exercise and veggies. So that is what I'm working on during April.

Karin, you have done wonderful so far, just keep telling yourself that you have a goal and you won't self sabotage. Maybe consider limiting carbs and alcohol.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #19  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Karin... Stick with chicken and veggies at restaurants for choice. Maybe even one day of red meat. It won't be bad... Just say no to bread basket. It gets easier. I have not other choice but to say no to bread basket, but I'm doing it for my health.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #20  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't know about other WW'ers, but I usually keep my WP for a weekend "splurge" type meal (usually pizza) and am super strict all week. Nothing makes me more upset than when my "splurge" meal turns out horrible. I had a very bad experience trying a new restaurant today. Oh, well!

I've been super active all weekend (I earned 8 pts from my ActiveLink for this weekend alone) and I got to see the premiere of GoT AND the new Captain America movie!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #21  
Goal is health

This weekend was too short and haven't ate that great... Guess the scale won't tell no tales tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 189/184/170

Hi! I'm back on 3fatchicks, after a very long period. Is this a good thread to do? I am seeing that a lot of threads are completely dead--like no one has posted for a long, long time. What are some popular threads for WW on here? Ones that members are using currently???
Osteengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:33 AM   #23  
Less of a Better Me

For day to day chatting a lot of people post here. If I have a specific question, though, I would post that as a separate topic.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278.2/270.6/undecided

Height: 5'7"

Monday, Monday...cold, dreary and wet. Blah!

I had to pack my lunch in a hurry this morning, so I threw in a WW frozen meal instead of the pita sandwich I usually make. I'm craving the turkey pita! LOL I suppose I'll survive!

Serenity, I keep thinking I'll try my hand at roasting some veggies, but so far I haven't moved past the 'thinking' stage. Good job on letting the middle of the night 'hunger' pass.

Koshka, 1.4 lbs and halfway to goal! Wahoo! Congrats!

Karin, good luck on the traveling and staying on program. It is tough, but the others have given you some great pointers. Packing the snackies ahead of time is a good one--helps to avoid the 'think I'll grab something at the gas station while we're filling up' trap. I don't know why it is when I travel I always think I should grab some yummies from the gas station even when I'm not all that hungry. Enjoy your trip!

PupMom5, good job on the activity this weekend! I had a similar experience at a restaurant with a 'healthy' 22PP salad. I was so disappointed, as I could have eaten a nice steak and veggies for less points than that! Learn from it and move on, I guess.

OsteenGal, welcome back!
MamaLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #25  
Never Giving Up

Happy Monday is over! Hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday I took a 3.4 mile walk along the boardwalk at Jones Beach. It was windy heading one way, but the return was a piece of cake.

I'm not sure if others are members of WW online. But they put up a BBQ cheat sheet OMG no wonder I need to lose weight. TWO little baby back ribs are 15 points! I think it is 40 something if you eat the portion that they serve in restaurants. Potato salad, macaroni and cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, yikes! But that was from a BBQ restaurant, I am sure we can find healthier versions to make at home.

Tonight I'm making chicken sausage and peppers. I'll look up the points and come back. On the BBQ restaurant page it said one 5 inch smoked sausage is 8 points. Not too bad, but most likely you will eat more than one sausage plus other stuff. ETA: My brand is Al Fresco chicken sausage and they only have 3 points each! They come in different varieties, tonight I'm having the spinach and feta type. They are marked gluten free.

Have a great evening.

Last edited by Serenity100; 04-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #26  
Goal is health

I snacked today when I got home and I don't know why... I wish I hadn't because my weight has not budged for like, 6 days Hope everyone is having a good work week.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #27  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
I snacked today when I got home and I don't know why... I wish I hadn't because my weight has not budged for like, 6 days Hope everyone is having a good work week.
I forget, are you doing SF or points? Because with points I just eat less after the snack and it all evens out.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #28  
Never Giving Up

Happy Hump Day! Had a fine WI 1.5 down, I lost 24 lbs since starting Jan. 1. Not too shabby. I am very pleased because I feel I can eat this way for the rest of my life. I have not eliminated any food groups. For me, its all about portion control and sensible eating.

Today I actually feel well enough to take a nice walk on a nice day! I ate an early dinner, going to get my sneakers on, and out of here.

ttfn.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #29  
Goal is health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
I forget, are you doing SF or points? Because with points I just eat less after the snack and it all evens out.
Simply Filling.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #30  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
Simply Filling.
Simply Filling is working great for you! If you are snacking on the allowed foods, you are being OP no matter what you are eating.