Old 03-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 338.8/331/250

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Default 52 points ?? I always have 10-15 points left.

Hey all :-)

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I just weighed this morning and only lost 1 pound this week . I am a bit sad since I didn't do anything different than last week and last week I lose 6.8 pounds.

I have 52 points daily and my issue is that I NEVER eat them all. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I heard that when you don't feed your body enough, it goes into starvation mode and basically stores body fat.

Is this likely to happen if I don't eat all my points ?

Please help

Thank you

Gabriella
GettingHealthy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #2  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are getting balanced nutrition and not feeling hungry. I only get 26 points and I still lose.

Are you certain your points are 52? That seems very high to me.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 338.8/331/250

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Hi, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are getting balanced nutrition and not feeling hungry. I only get 26 points and I still lose.

Are you certain your points are 52? That seems very high to me.

Yes I'm 330 pounds so I think it's pretty normal. When I signed up last year I was 10 pounds heavier and it was also 52. It's a lot of points though. I never eat them all.
GettingHealthy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #4  

It is normal to lose a large number your first week. Maybe even your second week. But thereafter, 1-2 pounds a week is considered the healthy range. There were a few weeks where I didn't do anything differently and lost under a pound. So I understand where it is disheartening for you.

But you shouldn't be disappointed if you only lost a pound. That is quite normal actually. My suggestion would to be keep doing what you are doing and the pounds lost *will* add up eventually. Also a good suggestion is to focus on five or ten pounds at a time. Set yourself mini goals and come up with a type of reward system.

I had a fair bit amount of weight to lose as well and I really encourage you to celebrate all your successes, even tho it might not be the exact amount that you were hoping for.

It sounds like you are doing well. Keep being determined
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote