What is your favorite app to use along with WW?

• My BIL & I are starting WW Online for 3 months with the special they're running. Afterward, I plan on canceling & just doing it without the online portion.

In would love to know what non-Weight Watcher apps you've used & loved (or hated). I have an iPhone & he has an android. I'm not sure if that makes any difference in apps.

On another note, if we are paying for the online version, can we go into a WW center & purchase books & things?

Thank you!
  • My favorite app that works just like WW app is called the Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus. It is available on both iPhone and android. I think it cost $3.99 on both but it is a great app. I almost prefer some i=of it over the WW app. Not sure about being able to purchase the books and things if you are an online only member. Good luck!!
  • Thank you so much for this! It is so similar to the WW app that I feel a lot better about doing it on my own. Did you do the paid plan? Do you know what that entails? I don't understand it.

I found out that if you are a WW online member, you can just walk into any center & they can look you up. It's no problem to purchase the merchandise at the centers.
  • I did the monthly pass plan several years ago and reached lifetime but gradually stopped going and eventually gained all my weight back. I tried to do it on my own several times and did ok but there is something about the accountability when you have to go weigh in every week that makes me do better. I am doing the monthly pass again for now. I am halfway back to my goal this time and I started the week of Christmas. Glad you liked the app I would definitely use it if I didn't pay for the WW app.
  • On the iPhone I use a combination of iTrackBites and Dotti (the app from Dottie's Weight Loss Zone). Both can gear toward Points or PP.

I think I paid for the Dotti app (Logo is veggies on a white scale, with a black background) -but even if it was 3-5 dollars it is well worth it. The restaurant information is extensive, and has helped me stay on plan, on more than a few occasions.

iTrackBites also has an daily allotment calculator, and activity calc. I've had it so long I again don't remember what I paid but it is my workhorse and is worth it.
  • I found that for me I needed the meetings and weekly weigh in for accountability. I did do WW online for awhile but it didn't work for me for that reason. I haven't tried to doing it alone.

However, the other apps that I use to help me are My Fitness Pal where I track what I eat. This isn't WW points but I find that if I stay within my overall calories there (basically the average over a week, not necessarily the same each day) I am also within the range of my WW points.

I also use a Fitbit activity tracker so MFP talks to Fitbit so I can see my daily calorie deficit.
  • I use the fitbit app to see how many carbs I'm at. I enter all my food for the day and it gives me a gauge of what to eat if I earn activity points.
  • Every time I signed up for WW, I had the same idea. Quit after the three month special and just use other tools. The problem was I found it so tedious without the app that I would start to slide back to old habits.

I hope you find something that works, but this time, I'm going to stick with the WW app. I'm also feel like if I'm using the intellectual property and the information created by WW that I am obligated to pay for it. Using another app that simulates or outright rips off WW seems fraudulent but I'm an artist so I'm very concerned with those types of things