S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yeaaa! Let's have a great month, all!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #3  
I got this

I just saw your post in the Feb thread, I am so sorry you're dealing with that. would any creams or ointments help the rash? Hang in there!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Only time... :/ This has not been an enjoyable experience. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on it, it sneaks up on me... In things that should have been fine, according to information online. I think I'm just going to have to buckle down on my gluten-free diet even more and trust my gut on certain issues.

Any exciting plans for the weekend?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Thanks DBA for opening the new thread! I never knew Glutten could cause such havoc on one's system. It must be so stressful worrying about if something has hidden gluten in it.

Amandie, I love how you are supportive to each of us.

This a.m. I decided for a treat of Peanut butter on toast. WTF 2 TBLS of peanut butter has 5 points! But it was good. Let's see if the peanut butter keeps me satisfied until lunch.

Another snow storm coming this way. Ugh. I know that a large part of the country is being affected by this storm. Stay dry everyone!

ttfn
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #6  
Jacksonville, FL

Hello, I am deciding on a plan to follow. I have done many including WW over the years. I am 70 but young at heart. These past few years I have been fighting with thyroid disease and even though my meds are good now and feeling mostly normal, I have not been able to lose weight no matter what! Low carb, low cal, flex eating, etc, etc. up and down 3 pounds not reflecting eating method at all. I am looking for any who might have had hypothyroid issues and found WW to work. The last time I was on it was 2007 so I know it has changed. I am very interested in the online WW. So any input from someone who has dealt with "hard to lose because of thyroid" issues would be appreciated!
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #7  
Goal is health

Thanks for the support everyone, it's going to be a rough road for a while, but it will get better.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

Deelou - I don't have hypothyroid so can't help with that. I think that WW can work with most challenges and that anyone will lose weight if you have a calorie deficit where you burn more calories than you take in. If you burn fewer calories due to your thyroid issues then perhaps eat your minimum at WW (which would probably be 26 points plus a day) and don't eat as many weekly points. Also activity such as walking may help with burning more calories.

Update on me - I weighed in Friday for a .6 loss. Not great but I was very inactive for 2 weeks due to allergies. So I was just happy to have a loss. I weighed myself Saturday morning and was down .8 from Friday morning so was a little chagrined that loss didn't show up until the day after my weigh in! Hope that means I'll have a good weigh in next Friday. For my at home weigh in (which I do in the morning without clothes) I was at 179.3 Saturday morning which put me in the 170s for the first time since mid-2012. I'm not in the 170s yet for my official WW weigh in. Hope to get there this next Friday. My main goal for March is that I want to get below 175 as that would put me in the overweight category.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #9  
Never Giving Up

DeeLou! Did you mention you joined WW Online? Because even though that place has 100's of boards all over the place, you might be able to find a discussion board concerning thyroid issues. Of course, continue to post with our tight little group too!

Sometimes with thyroid you need your medication tweaked, so you might need to talk to your doctor if you follow the plan and it is not working. But maybe there are certain foods or supplements that folks with a low thyroid fine help with the weight loss.

Koshka - on getting into 170's. I want so badly to get into the 170's. Can't remember when I was in them last. Two years ago, I was one pound away, and then BAM! Disaster!. The most depressing part is that when I joined WW became lifetime and lost 40 lbs., I started at 178. Now to get to 178 is a struggle. ughhh.

But we will not backdown this time, and go for distance.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #10  
I got this

Deelou- I'm sorry I cannot help either on the hypothyroid issue. Welcome to the thread though!

WTG, Koshka! on staying in the 170s by your next WI!

Serenity- Did that PB keep you full until lunch? I know it sucks that PB has so many points. That is why I switched to PB2. Yes, it is more expensive than regular peanut butter but well worth it to me. If I don't have PB2, sometimes I mix 1 TBSP regular PB in 1/4 cup yogurt (vanilla is my favorite) to stretch it out and still get that peanut butter flavor.

.2lbs down. I will take it. I am going to make it a goal of mine to track more better. I've been loosely tracking in my head, sort of trying IE/WW but I don't think it's working well enough since I want more substantial losses. I also have decided that I want to start back on 30 Day Shred and 10-15 minutes on the elliptical 2-3 times a week. The sucky thing about starting back on exercise is I will be up for a couple weeks due to muscles retaining water but it's for the best, really. Wish me luck, everyone! I really want to have a great March and to get into the 150s firmly!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #11  
Goal is health

Weight was 185.7 today. I would love to lose 5 lbs this month but between 3-5 will be fine. Had a good feeling meal for lunch.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #12  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post

Koshka - on getting into 170's. I want so badly to get into the 170's. Can't remember when I was in them last. Two years ago, I was one pound away, and then BAM! Disaster!. The most depressing part is that when I joined WW became lifetime and lost 40 lbs., I started at 178. Now to get to 178 is a struggle. ughhh.

But we will not backdown this time, and go for distance.
I know what you mean. The first time I joined WW I was at 168 and got to my goal of 125 and became lifetime. Now, though, my goal is 146 and I look forward to being back to 168!
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #13  
Never Giving Up

Amandie- The PB was good and filling for me. I think I'll make it as a sandwich for work once or twice a week. I have never tried the PB2 but heard great things about it. I like PB, but I don't "love" it, it's not a trigger food. My friend can sit there and eat the whole jar. Not me, 2 tablespoons are enough, and I'm happy.
Have you tried the PB2 with chocolate? I saw it listed. I will order the PB2 next time I make an order, just to have it in the house. It seems, interesting source of protein, good for shakes.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with the girls to celebrate a couple of birthdays. I always get a little anxious because I'm afraid I'm going to blow it and go backwards. But this celebration was already postponed once or twice because of the snow. Going to look at the menu now to choose what I'll order. Everything in the place is good, that's the problem. haha

ttfn
Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #14  
I got this

Haha, Serenity. I hate that sometimes, so hard to make a decision when everything is good. Good luck on deciding what you want and have fun!!!

ETA- sorry, missed the pb2 question. No I have not tried it. I figured I could always add cocoa powder to it? Lol.

The weather is definitely better than I expected, whew! I made a "better than sex" cake for my niece's 21st over the weekend, so good and very rich! That's the only exciting thing I did over the weekend. I think I did great on the alcohol front, just 2 beers and 2 shots for the whole day/night of my niece's 21st. Now, I'll be busy this week due to two upcoming exams so studying, studying and studying! Have a great week, all.

Last edited by amandie; 03-03-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #15  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
I am very interested in the online WW. So any input from someone who has dealt with "hard to lose because of thyroid" issues would be appreciated!
Hi Deelou,

I was diagnosed with "hypothyroidism" in July 2013. My doctor put me on levothyroixine 25 mcg and at my doctor's visit I weighed 209.8 lbs. She told me I needed to exercise and lose weight for my health. I went back to see her a month later and had lost 12 lbs, down to 197.8 at that time I was having issues with my medication, it made my skin very itchy. She switched me to Synthroid 25 mcg and I took it until January 2014 when my thyroid was back to normal ranges. I had done WW in 2009 and had all my materials with Points Plus so I was using them for my eating and walking and doing work out DVDS for exercise. I restarted WW meetings on 9/14/13(193.2 at WW Center) and just received my 25 lb award last week even tho I have lost a total of 42.8 since 7/30/13. It has been hard but the more weight I lost the better I felt. I would use my daily points and only use my 49 weekly points on the weekends, sometimes I would hardly touch them and I never use my activity points. I was losing steadily and some weeks I wouldn't lose at all but I would maintain. Now that I am within 15 lbs of my goal it is getting harder to lose but my body feels good and my thyroid is now in check. WW is what I will do for the rest of my life. You can have success with WW 360, Points Plus is the way to go in my opinion. Good luck and let me know if I can help you.
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote