Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #31  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Happy Sunday!

Autumn- Didn't know that about the Splenda. I'm more suspicious because WW puts their name on the yogurt, and it is 1 point less, than plain ff yogurt. I have no issues about Splenda, I use it very sparingly. I am going to finish up the Yoplait 100 Greek I bought and then sticking to the plain greek yogurt and add my own fruit.

OK- the Dannon Light Greek Yogurt is only 80 calories, 2 points, 8 carbs and is a power food. But it doesn't have the little "weight watchers 2 points label" on it. See how they fooled me? So actually the Dannon would be a better choice for me because I want less carbs and calories. I have one Key Lime pie of this kind.

Fage Low Fat Plain is 4 points. And the Non-fat plain is two points.

Just to totally confuse everyone, the Healthy Choice frozen yogurt is 3 points a container.

Greetings to everyone else. Oh yes, I bought a great kitchen scale on sale at Kohls, you can measure in grams, ozs, very helpful. I measured out 1/2 gram of turkey pepperoni, 1 point! now I have to drink a gallon of water to flush out the salt though.

ttfn

Last edited by Serenity100; 03-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #32  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Serenity- I LOVELOVELOVE my kitchen scale, so helpful!!! I don't really trust what the nutrition labels say like for example on the turkey pepperoni- it says 14 or 16 slices is a serving and when you measure it out, maybe 12 slices is 1 oz. No big deal but it can add up over time, ya know? I couldn't live without my kitchen scale.

Up in water weight by a couple pounds, boo! I know I said I wouldn't weigh myself but curiosity got the best of me so that lit a fire under my arse to commit to doing 30DS and up to 10 minutes on the elliptical afterwards.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Let's have a great OP week, all!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175.4/174.0/135

Height: 5'3"

What food scale do you all use? Mine just bit the dust this weekend and I need to get a new one. Last week WW was pushing their scale but I'm wondering if it really is as good as they say? Any thoughts?
TerrapinMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #34  
Less of a Better Me

I do use the WW scale and it works fine.

I agree that it is better to weigh food than go by the volume measurements. Sometimes the differences are striking.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #35  
I got this

Terrapin- I can't remember the brand I got but it was from Walmart for less than 20 bucks.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #36  
Never Giving Up

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is hanging in! I'm really tired, and tomorrow I have Parent-Teacher Conferences. I am really going to figure out what to bring for both lunch and dinner tomorrow. Don't want to reach for sugar stuff just to keep going.

I usually don't drink diet coke but I'm going to have to chug it to keep my energy up, the last appointment is at 8:30 p.m.

ttfn
Old 03-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #37  
I got this

Hi all... I've been struggling with this for a long while now but I've decided to take a break from posting in WW-related threads since I'm not really doing WW anymore, just sort of tracking (calories most of the time) in my head. I sort of feel like a fraud and that I'm lying to you all by posting in here. I hope you all understand.

Keep up the great fight and the awesome work so far! I will miss you all.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #38  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Hi all... I've been struggling with this for a long while now but I've decided to take a break from posting in WW-related threads since I'm not really doing WW anymore, just sort of tracking (calories most of the time) in my head. I sort of feel like a fraud and that I'm lying to you all by posting in here. I hope you all understand.

Keep up the great fight and the awesome work so far! I will miss you all.
Aww. Amandie, I'm going to miss you, but I can see you on other threads too.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 285/280/175

Height: 5'6

Hi guys! I'm a longtime lurker turned poster. I'm 25 and teach 5th grade, which I absolutely love!! I have been trying to diet on my own... Well forever!! I just joined WW online and excited to get started. I just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself because I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for you all.
Miss V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:46 AM   #40  

Amandie - Even tho you are leaving, I wanted to thank you for all your posts nonetheless. You have been so helpful to so many of us

Miss V - welcome! If you have any questions, the people on the WW threads are very helpful and insightful.

As for myself, it has been several days since I last posted. Life has been a little busy. I have two more weigh ins left in my six week maintenance phase with WW. So this week and next week. It sure has been a learning process. Currently I am three pounds under my goal so I am having to gain a pound this week. I am really surprised how many points are consumed by my daily exercise - I have had to add nine points to my daily total thus far. Not that I am sad about that - I'm happy to eat more. I am just dealing with the day to day concern of gaining weight and never stopping. Or eating a ton of food and never stopping. Tho, my feelings have become less intense and I am learning to trust myself a little.

Anyway, so that is my news
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 175.4/174.0/135

Height: 5'3"

I need to stop eating dessert. And cereal. If I give up those two things I think my weight will start dropping faster. What are your vices?
TerrapinMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #42  
Never Giving Up

Miss V - I'm a teacher too. I teach in the NYC public schools.

Autumn- You are doing fab in maintenance. Having a few lbs for cushion isn't such a bad idea. It's great that you exercise enough to burn the calories. That is the way to do it.

TerrapinMode - Cereal is the worst because when you look at the serving size it is minuscule compared to what you probably eat. I know what I ate. And it has lots of added sugar. I was addicted to Rice Crispies. I totally gave up dry cereal. I eat either eggs or steel cut oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. Both choices are very filling.

Desserts - don't even go there. lol. I can't even keep the WW Smart Ones frozen desserts in the house. And then when you look at the portion size for 4 points. No wonder I need to lose 50. I did find Healthy Choice Frozen yogurt for 3 points, it doesn't cause cravings in me, but I only buy if it is on sale.

Have a great weekend! I'm doing fine this week, eating wise, and plan to keep it up. The weather is looking good enough for a walk for Sat and Sun.

Last edited by Serenity100; 03-14-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 285/280/175

Height: 5'6

Serenity- I love meeting fellow teachers! What grade/subjects do you teach?

I can't seem to stay away from the "party foods". I do extremely well during the week, but it all goes down hill once the weekend hits. Adult beverages, buffalo wings, pizza, dips.. Pretty much my all of my favorite things. Lol I know I'm doing better than before, but I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and I'm hoping I have enough self control. Fingers crossed!!
Miss V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #44  
Less of a Better Me

TerrapinMode - Things that I have difficulty with are cookies and chips. So, I just don't buy those for the house any more. I occasionally have them as a single serving when out somewhere and I can control the portion size.

I weighed in this morning and got into the 170s officially - finally. I was down .6 which wasn't stellar, but was fine. I had a great week in terms of eating, but activity was low because my knee and hamstring have been bothering me so I've been taking it easy the past several days. I'm hoping that it will help it to get better.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #45  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Yay, Koshka! I'm ready to be in the 170s myself. Weighed in at 182.3 and think it was a fluke, probably will be back to 183 tomorrow, which is fine.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote