March WW Chat

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • By God's good grace, I weighed 180.8 this morning and it's TOM. Hard to believe.
  • Hi Driven! How nice to see you still around!

I can't tell you all the amount of stress over my eating which has been lifted since I stopped (solely) calorie counting and returned to WW. It's amazing.

Now, if only I had time to be active this week! I'm drowning in work. I hope to break free in the middle of the week. The cold weather isn't very motivating either, to be honest. :P
  • Quote: Hi Driven! How nice to see you still around!

I can't tell you all the amount of stress over my eating which has been lifted since I stopped (solely) calorie counting and returned to WW. It's amazing.

Now, if only I had time to be active this week! I'm drowning in work. I hope to break free in the middle of the week. The cold weather isn't very motivating either, to be honest. :P
    Howdy, stranger! Missed you being around and glad to see you back. You will make it to goal soon! I'm drowning at work as well and have a sickly feeling honey today... Stomach bug, hope I don't get it.
  • Interesting, Serenity. I will take a B-complex especially during the winter months to help combat the winter blues and it seems to help. I wonder if it was multi-specific or more broad?

DrivenByAmbition - woohoo! Congrats!
    - hope your Honey feels better soon. It's no fun when a loved one is sick.

PupMom5 - Yes ma'am! I can relax, too, with the flexibility. So glad it works well for you!

As for me - Spring Break for DS has really thrown us a loop this week. Being school-ager rookies, we didn't expect a full week off. Then hubby had to shuffle our time off around so he could talk to a potential new boss (within our same company) so it's been scrambly. I think my coworkers have given up on keeping track of my schedule this week! And it's been tough to concentrate with all the days broken up.

Yesterday I blew off tracking. Had an awful day; I have been working through depression/anxiety for about a year now. The light is breaking through, but there are still some off days. My week ends Friday (WI Friday, New week on Sat). -should I take a 7point hit on my weeklies and carry on? It wasn't an "on point" day but I didn't devour a bag of potato chips, either.
  • That seems like a reasonable approach if you can't reconstruct what you ate yesterday and go ahead and track it now (which is preferable).

I also weigh in on Fridays (starting my new week on Fridays also) so I usually eat pretty lightly on Wed and Thurs anyway.
  • I'm a Friday weigh-er also! I took a sneak peak this morning, and man, oh, man! do I hope it says something similar tomorrow morning!

Becky Quilts Any day, not to mention a whole week, that is out of the normal routine messes me up also. That's life though, so dealing with them and moving on is the key. I'd take the hit on the weeklies and keep going. I hope you've had some time to enjoy your little one's spring break.

Sad day for me, We've been keeping our daughter's boyfriend's dog while he was staying with his sister. He's got his own place now and is ready for the doggie back. I didn't realize how attached I'd grown to the big stinker until I found myself crying on the way to work. <sighs>

Speaking of work, as usual, I spent too much time browsing the threads here so I'd better get back to it!
  • It's hard to not get attached to animals, MamaLu.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. Busy weekend ahead, but it's okay! I've had a very trying week and need the weekend ASAP. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday.
  • Weighed in today and I was down .2 of a pound. I know that isn't a huge amount, but I expected it because I had a 2.2 pound loss last week. Usually if I have a big loss one week the next week is much less. I had a good week for food though so I'm OK with it.

One reason I'm OK with it was that I was really excited to get my 30 pound star! Yes, I've been there before, but it was still exciting to get back there again!
  • That is exciting, Koshka. I did not lose much weight this week, but it's okay, I didn't gain. That's the way I'm looking at things now within 20 lbs of goal.
  • I think that is a good way to look at it. As you get closer to goal it does get harder to lose and the important thing is to, on those weeks, maintain and perhaps lose a little.
  • Koshka, that's wonderful! Getting those stars does feel pretty good.

Does anybody ride a bicycle for exercise? I've been doing my research and decided this will be my new, relaxing hobby (as soon as the weather can be nice for more than a few hours) but I'm a little worried it will hurt my back. I had a severe back injury the year before last and I'm all better now, but I'm always paranoid.
  • Hi All! Seems like everyone is still on track. I'm still recovering from a nasty cold/virus. Plus now my hubby and son have it too.

My last WI I lost .5 lb, I'll take it, and move forward. I'm sticking to plan but when you feel run down it takes so much energy to plan and track, but I'm doing it. I refuse to sabotage myself.

I'm trying to get away from self medicating, and really I haven't because there is not a darn thing in the house that I like to eat to medicate. But yesterday was a day from all heck, so when I went shopping I bought one 4 pack of the Smartones ice cream sundaes. 4 points each. Just one pack, when it's gone it's gone and the worst damage I could do is 16 points all together.

Pupmom, a few years ago hubby bought me one of those "retro" cruiser bikes with the fat tires. Mine is aqua. Plus it has a nice comply seat. It is great for cruising around the neighborhood or on bike paths. It's a smooth ride, shouldn't hurt your back.
  • Weekend is going by too fast. Wish time would slow down. On plan and weight was 180.8. Oh how I pray to see that 179.x number soon.
  • Serenity, that's just the sort of bike I've been looking at! Wonderful. It's been such a long winter in the Midwest, I can't wait to get outside.

I had pizza (quite a bit!) for dinner tonight. I'm going to be nice and not weigh myself until my next weigh-in, next Saturday, so that the sodium bloat doesn't make me sad. I'm beginning to find, as I approach goal, that weighing everyday is frustrating and no longer motivating. I think I need to break myself of the habit.
  • Quote: Weekend is going by too fast. Wish time would slow down. On plan and weight was 280.8. Oh how I pray to see that 179.x number soon.
    DBA you mean 180! Yes the weekends are much too fast.

Pupmom, I even have a basket and a bell for my bike. I ride to the grocery store to pick up a few things with it. Of course the winter here has been so horrid I haven't used it since fall. Can't wait to dust it off.

Happy Sunday All. Recharge your batteries!