Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #61  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Default Happy Spring!

Mom, this is a very supportive group

DBA, sorry you are having such a challenging time, hope things will get better

So happy Spring is here! Even happier that I stuck to my goal of staying within points each and every week. I know we can do it. I am using the same thinking and going all the way to June 21st, the first day of Summer.

Have a great evening.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #62  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdocrocks View Post
Tonight I dipped into my weeklies a little as I will tomorrow and Saturday >.< But I am proud of myself for not letting those moments destroy my whole week, which has been an issue lately.
I would suggest to not see using Weekly Points as something destructive. While it is optional to use Weekly Points, WW is based upon working just fine even if you eat all of your weekly points. Daily points are the minimum you are supposed to eat each day, not the maximum. If you aren't hungry, then, sure don't eat weekly points. But, for many people it is difficult to eat in a healthy, nutritious manner just eating daily points and it can be hard to sustain. For me, at 26 DP, I find that if I eat exactly 26 DP, that is under 1000 calories a day which is don't think is optimal nutrition.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

yeah I am at 26 daily points and it is difficult some days. others not so much.
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #64  
Less of a Better Me

I was happy to weigh in this week for a 2.2 pound loss! I don't often have that kind of loss. I had a good week eating. I stayed on program and had 12 weekly points left. I am resting my knee which has been hurting so had no real activity last week so didn't have a great calorie deficit (per Fitbit - about 3/4 of a pound). But, the past 2 weeks before that my weight loss had been lowered than I would have expected based upon what I ate and calories burned. So I think my body just caught up with itself. I'm glad I didn't give up and go off track during that little plateau.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 278.2/270.6/undecided

Height: 5'7"

Hi All! This is my first post in this thread. I've introduced myself in a couple of threads already, once being here in the WW forum. Serenity invited me down to the chat thread...so here I am. Thanks for the invite and warm welcome, Serenity!

I've done WW before and have all the info and materials. Knowing what to do has never been my issue--it's finding the fortitude to actually put the knowledge into action and then to keep doing it that has gotten me every time! Anywho, I re-started on Monday, this time just doing it on my own rather than forking the money over to WW Inc. I want my WI days to be Fridays. I weighed today after only 4 days back OP, and had lost 2.2 pounds. Woohoo!
MamaLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #66  
Never Giving Up

Koshka yay.

Mrsdocrocks, yes some days 26 seem like nothing. Usually on the weekends for me, other times, I eat three meals and snacks and still have a point or two left over. Also alcohol takes a lot of points. I'm going out to dinner with a group tomorrow and I am going to use my 49 points on drinks. I always plan one cocktail per week, usually on Fridays, but this week I'll wait until tomorrow.

MamaLu glad you found us

Off to check the menu of the restaurant for tomorrow. . .

ttfn
Old 03-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 247/232.8/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you for the welcome Serenity
Now that I'm here, I need to learn a few things, like how to add a ticker!

MamaLu, I just recently re-started WW myself (4th time), and am hoping that this time will be the last. Best of luck to you!!!!

Well, first weigh in tomorrow morning....... I will post my results
momof2sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #68  

We'll look at that!! I guess I do know how to add a ticker��
Old 03-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #69  

momof2sons , I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good WI for you in the morning. I wish it got easier with each attempt! I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

[edited to add] Good job on the ticker! I'll have to try that some time!

Last edited by MamaLu; 03-21-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #70  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! There's a lot of new faces around here, but some familiar ones as well! I'm back after a somewhat long hiatus. I transitioned to calorie counting and thought I couldn't belong to the group anymore - but it just made my already-slowed weight loss crawl to almost none (I think, mostly, because it encourages me to make bad choices in general, but also to make worse choices and try to exercise them away - proving my body really adheres to the whole weight loss is "70% diet, 30% gym" sayings that you see everywhere.)

So, here I am, re-signed up for WW and am in Day 2 of my ActiveLink assessment. I'd really like to jumpstart my body back into losing and get to goal this summer.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #71  

Hi PUPMOM5! I see you have reached some remarkable goals! YAY for you!! I know exactly what you mean though...... I was trying to diet "alone" and lost a total of 3 lbs. between Jan. 1-March 15

WW Works! My weigh-in after 1 week and I lost 6.4 lbs.!!!! I know it will slow, but I'm determined to stick with it.

What a difference following a program makes! Have a great weekend everyone

Last edited by momof2sons; 03-22-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #72  
Never Giving Up

Hi PupMoms, that is one awesome ticker you have! Wow. Thanks for coming back , I'm sure we can use your experiences to help us.

Last night we went out to dinner with our friends, and let me tell you, I am cured of over-eating forever I think. I don't know how I used to do it, because I ate a fraction of what I used to eat and felt so sick afterwards. I could not even think of having dessert, even though everyone else did, and I was fine with it! I have a bad cold today which is good because my appetite is zero, just going to drink lots of water and go to bed early.

ttfn.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #73  

Gah...it's Sunday night again, which can only mean one thing: Tomorrow is Monday. Boo. But something to cheer about...this is the first weekend in YEARS that I have eaten like a normal person! I will have no Monday morning Guess I Better Start Over Again guilt tomorrow! Happy Dance!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend too!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey ladies! I am back on the wagon for a week now! I saw about a pound loss, woohoo! I am a married mom to DS 6 and DD2 (3 in June) and am ready to get rid of that last 10 pounds to get back to lifetime. I would like to continue, and get more toward the middle of my weight range instead of the tip-top line. I have plateau'd ad 160-162 every stinking time!
I tend to WI on Friday's. I blew through 23 weekly points yesterday, I'm not sure whether it's better to rack my nerves with no points going into the weekend or going into the week, heh, but Fridays were good in the past as it is easier to stay on plan during the week.

Pupmom, I did CC for a while too... my brain wraps around WW and the real-life flexibility for some reason. I've done both successfully (lost 10# on CC in early 2010) but right now I think WW is working so far.

I have a hard time with consistency, and not trying to jump to a new plan in a few weeks!
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #75  
Never Giving Up

Hi Becky! WW works, it might not work as fast as we would like sometimes, but it definitely works.

I, myself, could never do pure "CC", and the reason why is that I would have, let's say 1500 cals a day, and then eat a piece of chocolate cake for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch, and some mashed potatoes with lots of butter for dinner. In other words, I can't be trusted to eat the proper nutrition.

Speaking of nutrition, there was just an article published in a medical journal that says that taking vitamins are a waste, your body doesn't process them. My internist agrees. She says they are a waste of money. So I really try to eat lots of fruits and veggies to get the vitamins we need.

ttfn.