Old 03-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #46  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Am I going crazy or what? I know I made a post on Saturday March 15. There are no posts here from March 15.

Well anyhow, Hello all. I made a delicious WW quiche. Took 2 nice long hikes over the weekend. I am so glad I got some activity points in.

Hope everyone is doing well.

ttfn.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #47  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Miss V and Serenity100 - I am a teacher too! I teach third grade. I used to teach in NYC but am in MD now.

I am loving using the e-tools and find it is helping me stay on plan better to track on my phone. I am also exercising 5x/wk which is starting to feel really good.

Question for all: When you exercise do you generally eat more points (dip into your weeklies) or do you try to stay within your daily points still.
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #48  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinRose View Post
Question for all: When you exercise do you generally eat more points (dip into your weeklies) or do you try to stay within your daily points still.
I eat about 2/3 of my weekly points whether I exercise or not. I usually eat about 35 of my weekly points, but sometimes eat all of them. I rarely eat my activity points, however.

Bear in mind that daily points represent the minimum you should eat each day. The maximum you should eat during the course of the week are your daily points each day plus your weekly points and your activity points over the course of the week.

Anything in between there is fine. For those at the minimum level of daily points, I think it would be difficult to eat only 26 daily points per day during the entirety of weight loss. I think it can be done, but I'm not sure at all that it is a good thing to do.

I don't often eat exactly 26 points which is what I would have to do to eat the minimum but not eat any weekly or activity points. However, I looked back on my records. I track calories and WW points. This is how my calories were when I ate at or near 26 points (the calories include zero point food):

26 points - 973 calories
26 points - 988 calories

Here are a few at 27 points, since I rarely eat exactly 26:

27 points - 1084 calories
27 points - 1092 calories
27 points - 1025 calories

For this month, my average calories per point plus eaten (this includes zero point foods) is 37.9. So 26 daily points would equal eating roughly 985 calories a day. I don't think that eating 985 calories a day for a long period of time is a good thing and will make it hard to get good nutrition.

Also, I think that to try to eat exactly my daily points of 26 and to try to not ever eat 25 (too few) or 27 (using weekly points) would for me foster a diet mentality and wouldn't be conducive to eating in a way that I can eat for a lifetime.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #49  

Thanks, Koshka. That is about the same for me (eating 1/2 to 2/3 of weeklies but not eating activity points.)
Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #50  
Never Giving Up

Hi Karin I try not to eat any of my weeklies and none of my exercise. I want to lose every week, and I know my body I won't lose, or only lose 1/2 lb a week. I do use some of the extra weeklies if I plan on going out to dinner and know I have a few days to burn them off before WI. Crazy I know.

Just keep in mind, as you lose weight, your points will go down, so try not to be used to using all of your points if you don't have to. jmo

"Hey your pants are falling down" said my friend to me. Yay! I'm gonna keep wearing them until they are down to my ankles. Goodbye size 16 jeans forever!

Have a great evening all!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 285/280/175

Height: 5'6

Hello Karin! Yay for teachers!!

Serenity- glad you were able to get a few hikes in. I got in a few beach trips due to Spring break.

I don't plan to use all of my weeklies or activity points, but I did use all of my weekly points this week. Mainly because of the party I went to on Saturday. I did over indulge, but I was honest with myself and tracked everything. I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm also proud to say that after a week on WW I'm down 7lbs and down 5.5 inches over the last two weeks. Is that even possible?! Lol I think the fact that I've been exercising daily, has made a huge impact! It's funny because I've lost inches in my thighs, waist, bust and have gained inches in each calf and arms. But I'll take it!

Last edited by Miss V; 03-17-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Miss V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #52  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

What a long week and it is only Tuesday. Weightloss won't be seen this week
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #53  
Never Giving Up

Miss V, Great stats for the first week. You're on a roll now.

DBA- keep plugging. you are doing great.

Tomorrow is my WI, last week great big 0, I am hoping for at least something this week.

Oh, and a confiscated a reeses pb cup from a student, and in the past I would pop that baby in my mouth at the first sign of stress. I didn't even think about it! progress.

ttfn
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #54  

I've been very very MIA due to life and deadlines. But I've now been on WW for a month and while I've only lost a pound, mom saw me today for the first time in about 2-3 weeks and said I have definitely slimmed down. So that makes me happy. I figure I'm going to stick to how I feel and how my clothes fit vs what the scale says. I think one of these days I'll step on and it'll just be down weight. I figure skate so I think that tends to keep the muscle building even though I've not been on the ice much in the last month and a half, again due to deadlines and life.

Anyone else have that where they've lost inches before the weight?
Shaunalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunalynn View Post
I've been very very MIA due to life and deadlines. But I've now been on WW for a month and while I've only lost a pound, mom saw me today for the first time in about 2-3 weeks and said I have definitely slimmed down. So that makes me happy. I figure I'm going to stick to how I feel and how my clothes fit vs what the scale says. I think one of these days I'll step on and it'll just be down weight. I figure skate so I think that tends to keep the muscle building even though I've not been on the ice much in the last month and a half, again due to deadlines and life.

Anyone else have that where they've lost inches before the weight?
My weight loss has been slow for my size 14lbs in 2 months, but I've lost a LOT of inches and my clothes are getting waaay too big!
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #56  

Yay for clothes getting too big, mrswesleycrusher (p.s. love the name!)!

I am realizing I was probably wearing clothes way too tight (refusing to go up another size) because as I am losing weight I realize that I am surprised to find my clothes...fitting correctly. ;-/

Hope they feel loose soon!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #57  
Never Giving Up

Hi Everyone To Saggy Baggy Clothes! That's how people notice we are doing well. And, then everyone then asks how much did you lose? I tell them a low number. ha

I lost 3 lbs this week, so that averages 1.5 which I am happy with.

So we had a breakfast at work, all I ate was some fruit, yay to zero points fruit! I ate my own quiche at home beforehand instead of eating the greasy scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. If I am going to eat bacon it will be the real deal thanks. lol but I do understand that some don't eat pork.

ttfn. Keep on working it my saggy baggy friends.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

We have several outings this week so I am being really careful for the rest of my meals and staying right on plan. Tonight I dipped into my weeklies a little as I will tomorrow and Saturday >.< But I am proud of myself for not letting those moments destroy my whole week, which has been an issue lately. I am fighting so hard with this lately and I am so ready for spring and summer cause it's SO much easier to stick to it at those times!
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #59  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Bad day, and to top it off... Weight is still 182.x oh well.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 247/232.8/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone! I am back on WW after a couple of years. I will go for my first weigh-in this Saturday morning. I feel like I've lost some weight already! I am really loving the WW app on my phone....no more having to carry my notebook everywhere!! I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and look forward to being a part of this group. I hope that this time, I will be able to stick with WW for the long haul. Wish me luck

Last edited by momof2sons; 03-19-2014 at 07:28 PM.
momof2sons is offline   Reply With Quote