cross post - worth doing without a scale?

• Hi All - i just posted this to the at home board and then noticed that it is not very busy so I'm cross posting here.

I'm currently 5 months post-partum (second child) and am having a heck of time getting rid of the last (estimated) 10 pounds and have that glorious, hangy pregnancy pooch that is driving me crazy.

I'm generally a very healthy eater and in retrospect have not had weight issues in a long time. Back in school I was fairly obsessed with maintaining my weight and really feel like I ventured into disordered eating territory (weighing myself at least once a day, adjusting my food intake accordingly) but never got down to my desired weight. After years of driving myself crazy, I threw away my scale and now only weigh myself once or twice a year and am generally much happier. It's just that right now I don't like how my body feels and I need something different to inspire me. I need to shake things up.

My question is this - I'm thinking of joining ww online just to give myself something to focus on but am uninterested in weighing myself - is it worth joining WW or would it be a waste of money for me?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any opinions and help you are willing to give.
  • I suppose it depends on why you're interested in joining WW. I can definitely see why you aren't interested in doing the weigh in part, so are you just interested in the content? If so, you can access a lot of it for free (yay!) without any investment. If you're trying to actually do the points stuff, there are a LOT of free tools available. (Again, yay!)

I used to do the online, but since I know what to do, I don't see the need to pay for the online tools anymore. That's me. There are forums and stuff, too, but there are free ones online also.

It seems like you may not need to make the investment--but it really does depend on what you'd want out of it.