Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Tereyin, I've fallen off the wagon so many time! And it is ok. Because you didn't stay off, you're back and wiser and that's all that counts I never heard of the yonanas machine, sounds interesting! I just learned I have to go out of town for 4 days of training in a week, really worried about being able to stay on plan :/
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #47  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

How's everyone doing? I ate a cookie today. My friend went to a special pastry class and they made macaroons like from Paris, France. She gave me some, I said I'll take two one for me and one for hubby. I just ate one, was happy, and it was worth the points!

Didn't eat my lunch orange, so I ate that when I got home as a snack. 0 points. Drinking my water. I am determined to have a good WI. Scale is looking good.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #48  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I'm drained, and here come's the ice. do do do do... Here comes the ice, and I say... it's NOT alright.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm not new, but I haven't been on WW in 4+ years. I was reading what some of you said, I should never have stopped! I was down 60+ lbs, life got in the way and I gained almost all of them back... at least I stopped before I was even higher.

I'm Back 2 weeks now and down 5.4#s. Happy to be back here and moving forward!!

Last edited by BethC; 02-10-2014 at 09:34 PM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #50  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
I'm drained, and here come's the ice. do do do do... Here comes the ice, and I say... it's NOT alright.
I hear ya sista! Here in NY it is every other day snowstorm, and bitter cold every day. The only good thing is that I count shoveling as APs

BethC - Great that you came back
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #51  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in day since returning to WW after a pretty long absence.

I'm antsy as ****. *L* I'm trying to break the mindset I had before, that if I didn't lose at least a pound a week, I'd had a "bad" week. I know that since I don't have much weight left to lose, I can't expect to see big losses every week, and even .1 of a pound in the right direction is a good thing.

Hard to convince myself, though!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #52  
Less of a Better Me

Good luck with the weigh in Snoofie! And, yes, at your height and being lowish weight already, it is really, really hard for you to lose much each week.

Here is a link to a great article talking why it is hard for women - especially shorter women - to lose a lot in a week:

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/1-reas...e-fat-loss.php

BethC - Glad you are back. I've done the same thing before.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Had my 3rd WI this morning and was down .8 lbs. I'm trying to keep in mind that a loss is a loss, and considering that I weighed in within the same pound for 6 days -- I earned those .8 lbs. Headed in the right direction and on to Week 4.
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Just went in to change my weight on my profile and realized that it's been 20 days since I joined and so I get a ticker!
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #55  

I wanted to say thank you all for your encouragement and well wishes. Things have been hectic for a few weeks but my plan going forward is to read and post everyday. I enjoy reading what you all have to say, your successes and your challenges.

To the poster who mentioned Greek food...if you are looking to incorporate a Greek dish or two and have others in your family who aren't interested you could simply making wraps or pizzas and making yours Greek and let others decide their toppings. I love Greek!

Just to keep everyone up to date, I did reach my goal weight on Saturday and got my star charm. Officially I have lost 110.6 pounds. I am happy with the weight I settled on. It's a couple pounds below the high end of my weight range, so I feel content with that. Thank you Koshka for your invaluable advice on picking a sustainable goal weight. It made a big impact on me and helped me feel certain that I was making the right decision for my body and my lifestyle. I did do the body fat test and I a within the healthy range for that as well.

I am so excited to be at my goal. The last few days have been wonderful, joyful, peaceful, exciting and terrifying all at once. They gave me a book congratulating me for reaching goal and encouraging me in the next phase. It was really sweet. The book also stated that I am to start by adding 6 points per day. Now, my leader suggested that I start by adding three. I don't know if that's unusual. The book made it seem like you start by adding six points per day and increase if you keep losing weight. I am a pretty active person so it will be interesting to see if I have lost weight or not next weigh in. Secretly I hope I do lose weight so that I can regularly eat more points per day to maintain my weight. I would just like to eat a little more and enjoy myself a little more. But whatever it takes, whatever amount my maintenance points end up being, I will stick to it as no amount of joy I get from eating surpasses the joy I receive from being healthy and smaller.

I am excited. I am already loving my three extra points per day. It just opens up more possibilities for me and I am enjoying rethinking my menu options.

Just wanted to give a little hug to everyone fighting the good fight - I am so inspired by you all!!!
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #56  
Goal is health

Congrats, Autumnjana. That's amazing, and glad to hear that you are entering maintenance now. I find the more active I am on this board, the more I stay on plan.

Can't wait to join you. With 23 lbs to go, I am more motivated than ever.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #57  

Driven,

Thank you I think that will be part of my ongoing "maintenance plan" - visiting and contributing to this site. I think it will keep me motivated, keep me learning new things and also be a nice place for support. I am constantly reminded every day that I don't know everything there is to know

I have been asked several times to work at WW recently but after some thought yesterday, I am realizing it is not something I need for myself at the moment. I get that it would keep me connected to WW; however, I also faithfully attend the meetings each week. My point is, I just need to continue doing things for me and not what others feel I should be doing or what they feel is best for me. It's hard, I'm constantly seeking others' approval for the littlest decisions in life. Losing weight has not changed that, but I am working on it.

I just noticed your signature and see what amazing accomplishments you've made. Wow! That is really incredible. You must feel like a million bucks. Well I will root for you!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #58  
Goal is health

Thanks for your kind words, Autumnjana. I remember when I was first starting out, working for weight watchers became a goal so that I could help others. As I got closer to goal, so many weight watchers meetings were canceled in my area. I just couldn't see myself starting that journey with meetings after meetings closing. Plus, I feel like I can help support a broader audience here at 3FC, and get support too.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #59  

I am just reading back at posts that I missed. Viking Bride, you are right to think that a loss is a loss. There were many weeks where I lost - for no reason at all - "only" ".2, .6 etc. and momentarily I would be bummed. But I kept it in my heart that as long as I continued to put on foot in front of the other, that everything would work out, that the weight would come off. 0.8 pounds off is a big accomplishment.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #60  

Driven,

I feel similarly. I feel the need to be supportive of other people, but feel I can do that as a regular WW member and also a a member of 3fc. I know other people's support has been key for my success so I want to do that for others as well!