3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   I'm back, with a vengeance. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/291581-im-back-vengeance.html)

smashlers 01-12-2014 11:07 AM

I'm back, with a vengeance.

I gals,
Remember me? I was pretty active on 3fc last year. I had lots of success in the first half of the year then summer came and I was just as active and started being a bit more lax with my eating habits. I lost 50lbs and only gained 4 back since then, but I am back at it.

I went from meetings to etools to now back to meetings. My dad passed away suddenly in October, so I literally did whatever the f*ck I felt like for two solid months and am using the new year to snap myself back into it. Grief is a strange beast. I loved my dad a whole lot and considered him a good friend, so I am still working some things out with all that. But I just couldn't stand to sit there, with ALL THE CHRISTMAS COOKIES in my lap or getting drunk and crying with a whole bottle of wine, knowing all the hard work I had put in the months before. I don't know, it's like I caught myself actively trying to self destruct. I just kept thinking of my dad, and me even just 4 months before and how sure I was about my future success. So. I am tracking again. I am going to meetings again. I am focusing on my body and being healthy again. I know that I am responsible for today, and that tomorrow is a new today and that is how we attain our goals: one day at a time. That is also how I am working all this crazy stuff out in my head: One day at a time.

This year is going to be better. So many things are happening in my life. I am getting married in September. I finish graduate school in May. I am moving back to Chicago. I have to get a job. I have to pack up and move my life.

So I don't know how much time I will have to be a tentative 3fc member, but this is my attempt to put myself out there and put into writing what the heck is going on with me and what I know I truly want to accomplish, grief or not. Accountability and all.

I hope everyone is having a happy and hopeful new year, and cheers to seeing success in 2014. ;)

Silverfire 01-12-2014 12:48 PM

Welcome back Smashlers! Sorry to hear about your dad. That really sucks :( :hugs: It sounds like 2014 is going to be a real change up for you! Best of luck!! I too am back after a slacking off kinda summer :)

JuvenileNarcissist 01-15-2014 11:20 AM

Way to go getting back on that horse. Especially in the midst of grief. I can't even imagine losing my dad. My parents and I are so close, I know I'll be a wreck when the day comes. You've shown yourself how strong you are, so I'm sure you can stay focused in spite of what life has in store for you during this coming busy year. Stay strong. :)

amandie 01-17-2014 10:32 AM

So sorry to hear about your dad. :hug: Welcome backkkkk!