Old 12-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 425.6/366.6/220

Height: 6'2

Default 71 Points Isn't Enough!

Okay so last I checked, WW Points Plus Max points was 71 points. I can barely last 2 days this way, I get very hungry! I am so used to bingeing and snacking. Is there a more reasonable approach to this? Like start at higher points and slowly build myself down?
dtretv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #2  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Try incorporating more filling point foods. more whole wheat, more fruit and vegetables. Try some popcorn when you need to snack. Try not drinking too many of your points, stick to water and low pont drinks. Your body does not need more then 71 points, a week of will power and you will be over the hardest part and your body will adjust. It may seem impossible right now but you can do it. Stick to it and get over the hump. You can do it!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Dixiemom has given you great advice and tips- must impress filling whole foods and water or low point drinks. I'm not big on fruit if I'm still hungry, sometimes it makes me hungrier if I eat fruit alone without protein like cottage cheese or yogurt, cheese,etc. Vegetable soups have saved me- faux "potato" soup/chowder using roasted cauliflower is my fave!!!

Don't forget about your weekly points, 49- if you were to divvy that up, you'd get an extra 7 points per day. I don't know if you are doing online or meetings but your points will eventually go down, (I didn't know your age but I estimate you will lose a point around the 330-340lb mark assuming you're between 25-30 years old) so enjoy them while you can (I'm at 26, the lowest you can go, although with weeklies, it averages out to 31-33.)

You've done great losing almost 26 pounds. You can do it!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Let's start with a little math that might help give you an understanding how the technical side of all of this works.

Your BMR, (base metabolic rate), which is the amount of calories your body would need to maintain your current weight if you stayed in bed all day is roughly 3290 calories.

71 WW points is roughly 2769 calories, subtracting 3290 from 2769 gives you, a 521/day calorie deficit, setting you up to lose about a pound a week. However we can most likely figure you're not laying in bed all day, so you should lose a 1-2 pounds a week depending on your activity level. Keep in mind, as your weight goes down so does your daily calorie need.

That said, from your post, it sounds to me like maybe you're not so much hungry, but eating out of boredom or using food to fill an emotional need of some kind.

Do you eat in front of the TV? Do you eat standing up in front of your refrigerator? Do you eat in the car, at a desk at work, etc.? Is it just mindless munching and when the food is gone, you don't have any mental/memory satisfaction of having eaten it?

Like some of the above said, better choices in the foods will help, lean protein and fiber and whole grains will help stave off actual hunger.

It might be helpful to set down some rules as to where and when you eat. Eat only in the kitchen, sitting at the table with the TV or radio off, when at home. Set up similar ground rules for work and traveling spaces.

In other words manage your spaces, and create food friendly and NO food zones. I know it's tough at first, but it gets easier with time and practice.

Munching on ice can also be helpful, it gives your mouth something to do without adding any points to your day.

If you're doing WW online, I would really consider meetings if it's at all possible. The support is great, and you can ask questions and get help from the whole group.

For guys, I would check out http://theantijared.com blog, written by a guy who has lost 200 pounds and is maintaining. He describes his life before and after obesity and writes some other fun, funny and of course serious stuff.

Hope that all helps.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

It's only reasonable that you'd be hungry to begin with, because like you said, you're used to bingeing and snacking, but once your stomach shrinks you'll stop being so hungry and become satisfied with your intake. In the meantime, there were a lot of good suggestions in the previous posts, like not just filling up on vegies and fruit, but trying to get in some protein. I found soup and a piece of fruit before beginning my meal helped fill up too. 71 points is a good amount of food, be creative with your meal plans each day, they don't have to be boring or restrictive. Oh, and I found exercise really helped stave off the hunger pangs. Not sure the amount you are able to do healthwise, but even something like using hand weights might take your mind off it. Good luck!
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 425.6/366.6/220

Height: 6'2

Well I restarted back again today after quitting last week after two days. The longest i've done was 3 months but that was 8 years ago and I was 70 pounds lighter when I begun.
dtretv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #7  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

You can do it!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there! It takes practice.