Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #76  
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Weighed in yesterday... .6 loss. That makes 42 lbs so far. I hoping this time I keep going to the end and become a lifetime member...as my husband says "Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right!" Stay positive!!! Have a great day everyone!
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #77  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylou5 View Post
Weighed in yesterday... .6 loss. That makes 42 lbs so far. I hoping this time I keep going to the end and become a lifetime member...as my husband says "Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right!" Stay positive!!! Have a great day everyone!
Great Job Lizzylou! We are going to become lifetime members, definitely.

Hi all! Today I made shrimp, quinoa, and string beans for dinner. delicious.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #78  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
Today, I ended up making a huge salad for lunch with a can of tuna an egg and that kraft olive oil mayo. Very similar to you Koshka, except sub relish for red onion....
That red onion sounds good, I'll have to try it. I'm glad I've moved from the relish with sugar to the sugar free but finding something without any artificial sweetener would be even better.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #79  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Koshka and Smashlers- both of your tuna variations sound good!

on your loss, LizzyLou!

Smashlers- No breadcrumbs. 1-2 cans of tuna, depending on size and how much you want to serve, with 1 whole egg, diced celery, onions, cucumbers/pickles/relish or whatever is on hand, lemon juice, garlic (I like the roasted powdered kind), and my fave spicy brown mustard. Sometimes dill weed too. The veggies add flavor and bulk. Eggs act as as a binder so no need for breadcrumbs. Flaxseed might work if you make it up with water and let it gel up before if you don't want to use eggs, although not sure if it would impart any flavor(s).

Serenity- Sounds good. I haven't had shrimp in a while! I shall have to get some this weekend. I love making chipotle lime shrimp and adding them to my taco salad.

For anyone who's interested, toss shrimp in abodo sauce with a little bit of lime juice, not too much and don't leave shrimp in too long though or you'll cook the shrimp due to the lime juice and it'll become mushy! Then cook in pan or grill until shrimp is done, more lime juice at the end then serve however you want. I since I have severe reflux, I just put in a tablespoon of the abodo sauce in a 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water and let shrimp soak for a bit just to get that little bit of flavor and kick.

I came across a flourless peanut butter banana muffin recipe on here under South Beach diet earlier and thought it sounded good. I somewhat followed the recipe.. The difference was using 1/2 cup of peanut butter instead of 1 cup since that was all I had on hand, a little less than 1/4 cup of brown sugar, an extra banana, 1 tbsp oil, and 1/2 cup old fashioned oats. I baked it in loaf pan instead since I'm not a fan of muffins. Can't wait to try them out after they cool off first. I will report back on the taste although I think it'll be good since the batter was pretty good, lol.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #80  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Scheduling issues stopped me from attending a meeting today or yesterday... graduate school and work full-time is seriously no joke (my friends think I fell off the face of the earth). So instead I just weighed myself at home this morning.... WOOO HOOO, -2.2 lbs and it feels so good!

I attribute it all to the low carb experiment of the week. So all week I ate yogurt with fruit on the bottom (non-fat) and fruit with lunch and still lost, so it has to be a gluten thing. I don't know enough about gluten and intolerances, but I am a really slow loser and a -2.2 drop is SO. HUGE. for me.

I am going to try it again this week, and work on my attitude about it at the same time... I have been in a real sour mood about it and complaining, so I could be better.

Do you guys employ a "What ever works go with it" kind of dieting mentality or does WW or lifestyle changes have to take you kicking and screaming?

Last edited by smashlers; 01-24-2014 at 07:43 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #81  
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Thanks Serenity and Amandie

Serenity - LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP HERE WE COME!!! Just curious as to how you cooked the Quinoa? I haven't tried it yet. I am new to cook couscous but can't seem to find other ways to cook it to add flavor.

Smashlers - I go with what is working for me. I follow WW pretty close but if I have a lifestyle change or am out and want something "NOT ON My LIST" I still enjoy it but not as much and try to increase my exercise. If i limit myself too much I seem to fail! This is my new approach to try and finally accomplish my goal this time!

HAve a great weekend everyone!
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #82  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
I attribute it all to the low carb experiment of the week. So all week I ate yogurt with fruit on the bottom (non-fat) and fruit with lunch and still lost, so it has to be a gluten thing. I don't know enough about gluten and intolerances, but I am a really slow loser and a -2.2 drop is SO. HUGE. for me.
It is not necessarily a gluten thing. It is most likely related to low carb. When I go grain free and refined sugar free, even if I still eat fruits and veggies, my carbs go down by a lot. I do count calories and carbs through MFP so I can see this clearly.

The point is that when you reduce the amount of carbs you are eating your body releases water that was holding certain carbs in the body. This is why people rapidly lose weight the first few weeks of eating low carb. Some of the loss is due to reduced calories. But, most of it is due to the release of the water.

After the first few weeks of low carb, if one goes back to eating a typical level of carbs there will usually be a big gain. Again, this is also due to that same water being added back in.

The thing is that this water gain or loss isn't fat loss. It looks nice to see it on the scale, but it is mostly water loss. It isn't because of you going gluten free. It is because of you reducing your carb intake.

(I'm not saying that you don't have a gluten sensitivity - many people do. Just that the big drop is more likely to be due to releasing of water due to reduced carb intake).
Old 01-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #83  
Never Giving Up

TGIF to all!

Amandie - I follow the directions on the quinoa package and substitute low salt veggie broth for the water. My directions has 1/2 cup quinoa to 1 cup water.

Smashlers - I do whatever works. I have done low carb in the past, and it works, but I couldn't sustain it. I like my bread and pasta too much to think that I can't ever eat them for the rest of my life. So, portion control is the way for me. I am switching out my carbs for low glycemic carbs wherever possible. Ex., brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, light wheat bread, whole wheat pasta.

I enjoyed a glass of wine at Happy Hour with an old friend. It was nice to see my friend, but now I have no points left after dinner. lol. Oh well. It was a one time thing.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

I've been a basket case all week. I think I'm taking too many vitamins! But I feel like I have to (TTC). Prenatal, D3, C, biotin, fish oil, calcium, zinc .. although the zinc is really for my eczema.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm back to WW after trying to do it myself for a few years. I know now that I can't, I need the program.

I went back yesterday and I feel really good! I'm getting used to the new points and the iPhone tool, that I just love for tracking. I walked around the supermarket scanning things to look at the differences in points, comparing yogurts and breads, etc. I'm just happy to be back on track!

Have a great weekend everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #86  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

Welcome BethC I love that first couple weeks of experimenting and finding all the foods that are "safe" and planning. It's fun! I found a few of my meal staples that way at first. I am messing with my plan right now, but I used to LOVE the Thomas bagel thins, with fat free cream cheese, Light Progresso soups, chicken breasts in the crockpot with salsa, and Non-fat greek yogurt!!!

It's funny, more and more of those foods that are staples for so many of us are getting new packaging with WW pp values right on them. I wish everything was like that! Weight Watchers is taking over!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #87  
Never Giving Up

Have you guys tried the WW string cheese with Jalepeno peppers? 1 point!
Don't eat two a day though because then it will be 3 points!

They are great for a snack when you are ravishingly hungry and need to cook dinner.

The bad part is when I go food shopping on a Saturday, the store is usually out of them. grrrrr.

I can't use the progresso soups, just too much salt for me and it slows down the scale and makes me frustrated. But the WW soup recipes are all awesome and easy to make, I make a batch and put into individual containers. The one I'm eating now is the crockpot Italian soup made with diced tomatoes. Another delicious one for winter is the butternut squash soup, but that one is 2 points.

I am going to look for Whole Wheat Bagel Thins. I'm using English Muffins and I like those fine though, but it is good to have a change available.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #88  
Less of a Better Me

I love, love, love the jalapeno string cheese. I couldn't find it at any of the stores I normally shopped at but then I went to the Walmart website and found that the local Walmart had it (I don't usually shop there).
Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #89  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

Well now I've got to try it!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #90  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hang in there, shanhat!

Hi and welcome, BethC!

Smashlers- I'm on the whatever works bandwagon! WTG on your 2.2 down.

Pre-reflux DX, I'd totally chow down on those jalapeno cheeses! They may be great stuffed in a real jalapeno or whatever pepper you prefer then wrapped with a slice of bacon then baked or grilled. Yummy for Super Bowl snacks/apps if anyone is thinking about what to make. For now, I will just have to live vicariously through you guys.

I totally forgot to weigh in on Friday, boo!! Bowled a lot on Saturday and Sunday and my back kinda hurts, another boo! Wish me luck, guys... I have a math test today. for 100% and extra credit!

Anyway, let's all have a great week!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote