3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

January WW Chat

Old 01-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #106

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Hey Everyone!
Just joining although I'v been lurking for quite a while. My journey is the EPITOME of slow and steady! I started in Dec of 2012 where I just made a decision to completely change my lifestyle and get more active (I was doing completely NOTHING outside of bare minimum). In 2012 and 2013 I participated in a few walks/5ks and started to deal with some emotional stuff (emotional eater, party of 1). After spending the better part of last year getting into a more fulfilled and happier job, I have decided to tackle my main demon of FOOD this year. My first mini goal is getting to 250 and honestly if it takes all year, I'm okay with that, but I'm doing WW online and learning to cook healthier so I'm hoping it wont take that long
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #107

S/C/G: 276.5/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Ashley: That water bottle is how I get all my water in too. Mindlessly drinking .75L at a time

Today is going good. It warmed up to a balmy -4 degrees here, and they lifted the Wind Chill advisory that said you could get frostbite from skin exposed outside from 6-10 minutes. Ugh. Is it April yet?
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #108

Hi, I thought I would jump into the conversation I have been following the WW plan since last March. I just really love it. Sometimes it has been hard to pass up things like free pizza or cupcakes at work (for instance, if I have run out of points for the day or just know that I need protein over sugar for the remainder of the day).

However, I think overall the program has really worked for me. I am really dedicated to tracking my points throughout the day; it has become like second nature to me. I tend to eat more whole foods than not, but I love the fact that I can "spend" my points on something I am craving if I really want to.

So far, I have lost 110 pounds with 15 more to go

Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #109
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

mrswesleycrusher and Autumnjana both your posts are so motivating and inspirational for different reasons.

Mrsw. you did 5Ks I need to sign up for one! And Autumn, 110 lbs since March, you are my hero!

Hi everyone else, I am reading all the comments, just don't have lots of time to answer everyone individually. Good News, I lost another three pounds and the computer is stating maybe I'm losing too fast. Not on your life! I can't believe I am eating so much and losing. The only thing I am not eating is the high fat high sugar foods.

Good Luck Everyone!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #110
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Mrswesleycrusher That is the best and most awesome step of the whole process. Just realizing that it is time to really focus on health and being happy while doing it! 3FC and WW are great places to start and are awesome for support and ideas! Welcome!

VikingBride I read that University of Michigan shut down for the first time in something like 20 years due to weather... pretty insane!! Stay warm.

Autumn HOLY COW!!! Congrats!

First 10 lbs- 280.8 (1/10/13); 20 lbs lost (2/28/13); 10% gone! (3/31/13); Pre-love weight! (240's) (5/31/13); 50 lbs lost (8/23/2013); Highschool Weight (220's); Onderland!; No longer obese-189; GOAL!-160;
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #111

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Anyone have any ideas for peanut butter? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It doesn't matter what kind. But it's so many points. Is that pb2 stuff any good?
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #112
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswesleycrusher View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Anyone have any ideas for peanut butter? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It doesn't matter what kind. But it's so many points. Is that pb2 stuff any good?
I haven't tried the pb2, but I recall reading on various threads that it is great. Have you tried asking on the Weightloss Support board?

I am totally dehydrated, and I need to drink that water! Part of the problem is that I ate a WW Smartones egg mcmuffin thing and it had much too much salt. I am retaining water like mad. So glad I have a week to flush it out. I learned my lesson now.
Note to self: those frozen meals are no good for you.

Have a great day, and tomorrow is FRIDAY!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #113
Weight Watchers Fanatic

S/C/G: 238.8/178.4/163

Height: 5'9"

Frozen dinners in general are high sodium, but are a good go to for some. Hopefully that water will flush it on out

Gluten-free January 2014 WW Re-start February 2014- Not stopping until at goal!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #114
You broke the golden rule

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswesleycrusher View Post
I actually like the pb2 and I usually add it to yogurt though instead of following the instructions and adding water. The taste is a bit different but I can't explain how- I still like it. A 6.5 oz jar is less than 5 bucks here and I figured if I didn't like it, I was only out 5 bucks. I'm planning on ordering a ton since I go through the stuff a lot, lol. Welcome!!! You reminded me that I need to sign up for a 5K or two this year! I've yet to do one.

You're so amazing, Autumn! Welcome!

Serenity- another 3lbs? Happy for you! WTG!

VikingBride- oh my goodness! Brrrr! I'm with you, cannot wait for warmer weather!!

Ohh yea, 105% on my math test. Whoo-hoo! I don't think I will see anything on the scale tomorrow, I had a few too many last night when I went out to bowl a few games. Oops. I'm looking forward to the monster jam Saturday night! Not looking forward to my sociology test on Monday! Haha. In case I don't get on in the next few days, have a great weekend all!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #115
Less of a Better Me

S/C/G: 207.4/ticker/146

Height: 5'4"

I was happy to weigh in today and get my 25 pound charm! This week was a challenge due to bad weather and my allergies. I had 3 days that I didn't do much but I did do a lot of walking on the other days. I also adjusted what I ate to account for the days I didn't do much. I lost 1.2 pounds which for me is a lot. But, the big thing was to finally get back to 25 pounds lost.

Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:02 PM   #116
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

MrsW...doesn't it feel good when you finish a 5k! I did my first one last year and I was very happy to finish it :-). I signed up for the Undy5000 here in San Diego and created a team in my mom's memory...Willie Kaye's Warriors. I can't wait to get out there and walk for her. She passed away 11/1/12 of Colon Cancer...
EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET SCREENED!!! :-)

Autumnjana - that awesome! I hope to be where you are someday. I have a little over 100 to lose and it just seems impossible. Thanks for posting! Its inspirational hearing about people who are where I want to be :-)

Serenity...I don't believe in losing too much weight too quickly lol...as long as it's gone and stays off right :-) WAY TO GO on your LOSS!!!

Koshka - YEAH on getting your 25 pound charm! Feels Good HUH!!!! I am hoping to hit my 50 soon! I gotta tackle 45 first which is 2.4 pounds away...soon very soon!

Well I am going to be trying acupuncture next week on my knee to see if that will help ease the pain a little. I started doing Zumba and have had some pain. I dont want to give up Zumba so I am hoping acupuncture works!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend and GO BRONCOS!!! Rooting for my husbands team since my Packers didn't make it!!!

TTFN

LizzyLou
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #117
Never Giving Up

Congrats Koshka 25 lbs is an awesome achievement!

Lizzylou, that is awesome you are running a 5K in your Mom's memory. ITA screenings are important. Plus, you will actually drop a few pounds in the process. It is really painless.

Have a great weekend All! I am not going to any SB parties, which is fine with me, no tempting appetizers.

I came home from work hungry, and need to think of something for dinner now. I hate when that happens. lol I appreciate all the support on this forum.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #118
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! Good news all around for me today. My fiance had a fantastic job interview up in Chicago and we hope to be hearing good news about that soon. I am finishing up a degree in Indiana, and since my dad passed away in Octoer, I have been **** bent on getting back up there to be with family. And it seems like my plan is starting to pan out!

I got the case to my new iPad in the mail today, but have yet to receive the actual iPad. I got an AMAZING deal! My friend works at Mejier and found out that they clearanced out all the iPad 2 (gen 4's) to only stock the iPad air. I had just been talking about how I was looking into buying a used iPad, becuase I really don't have $599 to spend! He bought it and is shipping it to me. I paid $200 for a brand new gen 4. I LOVE THAT.

I also lost 1.2 this week. That puts me back at the weight I was when I sorta fell off the wagon late last summer. And a total of 50.2 lbs lost. Pretty amazing.

Hope everyone is well!

First 10 lbs- 280.8 (1/10/13); 20 lbs lost (2/28/13); 10% gone! (3/31/13); Pre-love weight! (240's) (5/31/13); 50 lbs lost (8/23/2013); Highschool Weight (220's); Onderland!; No longer obese-189; GOAL!-160;

Last edited by smashlers : 01-31-2014 at 05:13 PM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.