January WW Chat

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Hi everyone, just checking in. I love how everyone is determined to do what it takes, and figures out "something" to stick with it.

I started using the simply filling recipes, and they all use "fat free" cheese. Well I'm going on record that these cheeses leave lots to be desired and as soon as I am finished with the packages I purchased, I'm switching to "low fat, or 2% cheeses and track them as such. I would rather use the points to enjoy eating something, than just to have "cheese" that isn't tasty. ETA, Fat Free Feta, is one FF cheese I like, especially in omelets
  • That was one of the things I didn't like about Simply Filling. Only fat free cheeses were power foods and not the reduced fat cheeses. I like the WW cheese sticks (love the jalapeno ones) and it is reduced fat. I hated having to count a point for it when I was doing Simply Filling. Also, some types of cheeses I just couldn't even find in a nonfat version.
  • EasySpirit- A non-meeting and non-etool user here. I currently use WWDiary on my android phone. It's free but there's no food database, can be either PP+ or just Pts. It does let you save your food/meals (as well as back it up on sd card), also can track weight, exercise and GHG. Very user friendly, at least for me.

One app I did buy and try was Diet Watchers. There is a learning curve with it (there is an online tutorial and company email support if needed) and I thought there would be more in the food database that came with the app but I only paid 2 bucks for it so no biggie. That's when I realized I should have looked at the reviews before buying, lol.

There are a couple that I've been eyeing but won't commit to buying (yet) since I like WWDiary and it's working for me- Pts Plus Weight Diary (1.99) and Value Plus Diary or something like that (3.99). Definitely a lot cheaper than WW. I hope that helps!

Shanhat- Oh wow, I haven't had flatout wraps in a long time, just forgot all about them. I love using them as a crust for pizza although I'm bad at putting so much stuff that I end up having to fold it to eat it instead. Still delicious though. for you on your WI tomorrow. Your pizza sounds good! My fave kind of pizzas- the one similar to CPK's BBQ chicken pizza- BBQ sauce as the base, grilled diced/sliced chicken, red onions, green bell peppers and your favorite white cheese, mmm! Sometimes I add spinach for more volume, still tastes good to me. Another fave is spinach and artichoke using garlicky alfredo sauce as the base, you could use shrimp, chicken or leave it out altogether and white cheese on top.

Serenity- I agree with you on FF cheese. Not for me! Feta cheese is one of my favorites. LF blue cheese is pretty good too, esp when stirred in cottage cheese or greek yogurt to be used as a dip or salad dressing. Now that I think of it, I've never tried or even seen FF blue cheese?

Dinner last night was a bust- I played around online too long and it was too late to cook the rice, stuffing etc before BF left for bowling league so I just made instant macaroni and cheese, baked chicken with lemon pepper green beans. BF is off to his other bowling league again tonight and I got some homework to do so am keeping it simple tonight- turkey and bacon with veggies in a tortilla wrap with cottage cheese on the side. ETA: Changed my mind on the turkey & bacon wrap. I made myself a bacon-onion- spinach "quesadilla" with a mixture of BBQ sauce and cottage cheese as the base. Amazingly, it all held together without any added cheese! Yumsers, that hit the spot. Looking forward to my WI tomorrow! Oh and the 3 day weekend too!

Have a great evening, all!
  • Checking in- Weighed in today down 3.0 pounds. Not bad for a first weigh in. As long as I slide comfortably into the 170's by Feb 1st (two more weigh ins to go) I will be one happy camper.

And thanks for the reminder on the flatout pizzas! I used to make those years ago and totally forgot about them! Yum! However, I tried the LF english muffin recipe from SS, only I subbed real pizza sauce instead of tomatoes, and they were great. My kids asked for them the next night! And I used FF cheese even. Very filling and I believe it was 6 points. Yay!

Onto week 2.... hoping for 179 on Thursday!
  • So unfortunately I'm one of those that weighs in daily. Only down .8 this week since my weigh in day last Saturday. Hopefully there is a bit more to lose in the next day before I weigh in sat afternoon when I wake up for work.
  • Hang in there, Tereyin! Maybe it is sodium bloat? I didn't lose anything last week either. It will come off eventually! My fingers are crossed for you come Saturday's weigh-in.

WTG on your loss, Jaimie!! So close to the 170s, yay!
  • Amandie -- that BBQ chicken pizza idea is FABULOUS and I am stealing it.

I second the dislike of the fat-free cheeses being the only power foods on Simple Start. I feel like when I eat low-fat cheese, I use less but feel more satisfied. Same goes for fat-free salad dressing (aside from plain balsamic or red wine vinegar).

Oh, if there's anyone out there who, like me, like balsamic vinegar but only in small doses ... Wegmans makes a balsamic vinegar mister. I just refill it with more vinegar when it's empty.

Weigh in was good, down 2.4 lbs. Amazing since I haven't been able to exercise much this week.
  • Shanhat- I love balsamic vinegar, it's the most favorite of mine next to red wine. I usually make my own dressing using 1-2 tbsp of oil then the rest is vinegar and a little bit of water if it's too... Vinegary. What a great WI!

WI was good this am, down to 163 from 168! It looks like I've lost 5lbs in a week but really it's 2.5 averaged out since I lost nothing last week.

Have a great day, lovelies!
  • I weighed in today and was down 1 pound. I am a slow, slow loser so I was ecstatic. One of the people in my meeting was unhappy she had lost only 1.6 pounds, but I thought it was great!
  • Happy Saturday!
    I'm a slow loser too. I fully expect to slow down to one pound a week, and if that happens, I'm good with it. This is not a diet, this is a way of eating and I fully intend of sticking to eating like this forever. I read something on of all places the Oprah Magazine website, which had a doctor rating the various diets. Basically it said, no matter what the diet, if you can't see yourself sticking to it "forever" don't even start it. That is why people do a very restricted diet, are successful, but then can't maintain that way of eating and gain the weight back and then more.

This time I am training myself portion control more than anything. And eating healthy whole foods over junk.

Have a great weekend!
  • Happy Saturday! What's everyone doing this weekend?? I have to work (book revisions) and need to live vicariously.
  • Serenity100 - I agree entirely. It is important to have a plan that you can live with for life!
  • We got This!!!
    On my way to finally hitting my goal. I can't remember when I was 160 pounds. I am down to 222 and heading to my goal of 160. I have doubts that I can actually get there because I dont know what it is like. I have been in the 200 for about 25 years. Hitting 40 next month I guess made me realize its time to get IT!!!! Lets all have a great 2014 and get what everyone is striving for!
    Good Luck to All! Never give up!
  • How do you get the tracker to show up in your comments. I am new to this site. Thanks in advance!
  • I weighed in on Friday and only saw a .6lb loss... I guess a loss is a loss, but this is reminding me of how slow I was to lose towards the end of the summer. I had several weeks right in a row where I maintained, even after seriously tracking and getting in mucho cardio.

I think this week I am going to focus on eating more lean meats and WAY less carbs. I know, weight watchers teaches us that carbs aren't the devil. But I am pretty sure my body disagrees with them. So we will see how it goes.

So far, because today is day one of this experiment, I have had:
    2 eggs, 4pt+
    fat free cheddar, 1pt+
    black beans, 2pt+

2 clemintines, 0pt+
    a small portion of pineapple, 0pt+

For dinner I am making
    turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash. I haven' figured out the points on that yet.

I know there is a lot of sugar in there with the fruit... something to work on. Happy Sunday night!