3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

January WW Chat

Old 01-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #16
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi, I made the spaghetti and "meat" sauce recipe using vegan meat crumbles and it was really good. I didn't even miss the beef. The portion is big too, a cup of whole grain pasta. 8 points.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
Never Giving Up

Week 1 - Down 4.5 lbs. Yay.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #18
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

WTG, Serenity!!

My weigh-in isn't until Friday but based on what I've seen on the scale, it'll be good news!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #19

S/C/G: 194/194/115

Height: 5'2"

Hello! Glad to meet you all!!

I am on my second week of Simple Start (newbie WW Online Only member) and so far I've lost 5 pounds. I know it will slow down, but I'm still excited.

I like the app. I've made a couple mistakes, but not beating myself up about it. Gets easier every day.

Doing some slow walking each day, because I'm so out of shape. I have thyroid issues (hypo) so it's a struggle with fatigue, but I'm sticking with the exercise.
indigophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #20

S/C/G: 225/165/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi, ladies! I wanted to pop in. It's been crazy around here with holidays, snow days, and getting back to work!

indigophoenix - glad to hear SS is going so well! I had hyper then hypo thyroid postpartum, it's amazing what all it affects. Good for you for keeping moving!

amandie - keep us posted!

Serenity100 - congrats, woohoo!

As for me - Weigh-in for a 12-week weight loss group at work is tomorrow, I plan on working the plan, and am looking forward to the additional support at work (instead of the constant holiday influx of bagels!).
Old 01-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
Gettin' it done!

Weigh in this am was the same, I maintained. Oh well, not worrying about it and just keep on plan.

I got my textbooks today and my student ID too. It's real, I'm going back to school. Excited and nervous but I know I can do it.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
Old 01-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #22
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Weigh in this am was the same, I maintained. Oh well, not worrying about it and just keep on plan.

I got my textbooks today and my student ID too. It's real, I'm going back to school. Excited and nervous but I know I can do it.
Good luck going back to school! You can do it!i

I had a NSV, someone brought in a cheesecake from the Juniors Cheesecake place. OMG. They gave me a slice, I took one tiny taste and then threw the entire slice in the garbage. Never threw away perfectly good cake in my life before today. lol
Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Gettin' it done!

Thanks, Serenity, appreciate the encouragement! That is definitely an awesome NSV. I love cheesecake.

Somehow I pulled something on the right side of my back when I was getting in the car to go pick up my textbooks. It has been bugging me all day and I've spent the entire afternoon in bed trying to get comfortable, ugh. I just hope there's at least 50% improvement by Monday for classes. On the upside, I'm not spending points on alcohol or junk since I've been relying on the BF to bring me food and drink, lol. Have a great evening and weekend, all!

Last edited by amandie : 01-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #24
Gettin' it done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigophoenix View Post
Hello! Glad to meet you all!!

I am on my second week of Simple Start (newbie WW Online Only member) and so far I've lost 5 pounds. I know it will slow down, but I'm still excited.

I like the app. I've made a couple mistakes, but not beating myself up about it. Gets easier every day.

Doing some slow walking each day, because I'm so out of shape. I have thyroid issues (hypo) so it's a struggle with fatigue, but I'm sticking with the exercise.
Welcome, Indigo! Glad to meet you too. Great job on the walking! I've been slacking majorly on that front and need to get my butt moving as soon as I'm mostly healed from my back.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
Never Giving Up

Hi everybody! I'm checking in every day to keep me on plan. Has anyone used the Weight Watcher's Vanilla shake to make the smoothie?

I want to buy it, but it seems sooo expensive. Years ago there used to be a product, Alba that was a shake that WW told you to use, and it was not expensive and easy to find. Now if I want the shake I either have to go where there is a WW meeting or pay $5.95 shipping.

Maybe I can add protein powder to skim milk. . .hmmmm. . .I have to investigate. But if you have any thoughts please let me know.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #26
Never Giving Up

Hi, I found a protein shake that supposedly tastes like the shake at Wendy's, plus it is good for you. Here is the recipe, I will write a review when I get all the ingredients together and try it.
faux protein frosty (taste’s just like wendy’s!)
serves one

ingredients:

3/4 cup (6 ounces) almond milk (or milk of your choice, i use unsweetened vanilla almond breeze by blue diamond)
15 ice cubes.. maybe more!
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (use your favorite brand–it’s important that you enjoy the flavor. i like MRM whey natural vanilla or plant fusion vanilla bean)
1-2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you like it)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum (this is the KEY ingredient)
1/4 tsp guar gum (or use more xanthan if you don’t have guar)
sweetener of choice (in this one i used 1/4 of a frozen banana for my sweetener, but i always switch it up. other ideas: stevia packet, a few dates, xylitol, or agave)
directions:

blend, blend, blend.
devour.

I haven't figured out the exact points but it is 210 calories. Figuring out the points should be easy, but I want to see the nutrition label of the protein powder first to be sure. The xanthan gum is calorie free, it is used as a thickening agent.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #27
Gettin' it done!

Oh man, I really wanna try that faux frosty. Mmm! 210 calories isn't that bad compared to the real thing, oy. I have not used protein powder in a long time so can't really help ya out on that one. Now I just use yogurt, preferably Greek style since there's more protein in it and make green smoothies with it.

My current fave smoothie is apple, carrots, 1/2 frozen banana, zucchini, 1/2 to 3/4 cup yogurt with some ice and/or water, depending on how thick I want it.

Re: my back, I'm feeling somewhat better so I have been taking it easy today, catching up on my TV shows, lol. So far so good on my daily points. Have a good evening, all.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #28

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey all! New to the WW forum, as I just started last week. Thought I would jump back to 3FC as a way to stay motivated. I like WW, and I am hoping to stick to it for life. I've never really gone to the meetings until now, although I have counted points in the past. I feel like the meetings will keep me accountable (some one else is weighing me!).

About me- I am a married mom of 3, live in the Midwest, I am an RN, and I have been overweight since I was 21. I weighed 217 at my non-pregnant highest, and have bounced all over between there and 168 at the lowest. I am hoping that this is the time I will actually get back to a normal weight and stay there. The good news is I am starting with much less to lose than in the past. I have done okay maintaining some of my past losses, but I want to get this done once and for all. I am renewing my wedding vows (10 yr anniversary) later this year (May) and I want to look good. My first 'wedding' was courthouse style and I wore pants and a awful shirt and the pics are TERRIBLE. I want to do it right this time, with a gown and the hair and all the bells and whistles.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #29

S/C/G: 190.8/162.4/151.9 (2nd 10%)

Height: 5'5

I'm new to this thread, too, but excited about it! I've been absent from WW and 3FC for about six months. Life gets busy sometimes.

I'm 32, live in the DC area, work as a writer/editor. I'm hoping to get pregnant soon, but feel like the 10 lbs I gained last year are holding me back a bit. So I figure if I don't get pregnant, I could lose that weight, plus a little more. And if I do, I'll just lose it after.

Serenity -- I love your 100 percent plan. I think I'm going to steal that mindset.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #30
Never Giving Up

Happy Sunday to All!
I love all the positive energy over here! I know we can do it. Checking in each day and being accountable is a huge step in the right direction. I don't even need anyone to respond. LOL. Just knowing you are reading knowing the obstacles is enough.

I am trying to stick to the power foods, those little green triangle thingies. My dh who does not have a weight problem, can benefit too, health wise. He just eats much bigger portions, and doesn't have to watch what he snacks on.

Today I'm making a roast chicken and making the roasted sweet potatoes recipe. As long as I make the right choices and keep my portions under control, there is no worries.

Good Luck this week.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.