Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 03:33 PM   #46  

Glad to hear that your dad is doing better, JustMe! I am going to try to figure out the smilies- AGAIN! I feel like an idiot, I just can't get it staight!
Once again, I had a horrible day yesterday. (Points wise) Since I had a whole week until weigh in, I decided to go donate blood- they have been calling me. No prob, I knew I would have to eat a donut after, and counted it into my daily planning. Everything was going GREAT until about an hour and a half after I left the donor clinic. I was in class, and I passed out. (Not too uncommon, from what I hear.) So my friend gets me a chocolate bar, to get some quick sugar into me. Then, she won't let me leave town (for my weekly 4 hr drive) until I eat more sugar. So I get 2 cookies- 1 for her, 1 for me. I ended up eating both, as well as everything else in the universe! It just turned into an out of control day- and it ruined 2 days worth of tracking, since I track starting at supper. I swear, I fall off program more than I am on it! I figure it is all a learning process though- I now know for sure that chocolate triggers binging for me, as does fatigue. I also know that I should not do anything but go straight home after I donate blood! And I have 5 days to eat healthy and exercise before next WI.
Just Me, you weight in tomorrow, right? How do you think it will go?
I have to get back at exercising- I just walked for a whole week, nothing else, but I am ready to design a new weights and cardio program for myself.
Oops! Sorry about he long post, I just needed to get this all off my chest. Thanks for "listening", girls!
Have a great day, both of you!
Did you eat different breakfast today, 2 sexy?
Old 03-30-2001, 03:46 PM   #47  

Default me again!

Just wanted to add a couple things! I think I figured out the smilies- thanks to the tutoring of you, JustMe! I also wanted to let you know that I went shopping this week- ffirst time, really, except one pair of jeans back in October, and one pair in January. (Yes, my clothing looked pretty horrible, after losing 63 lbs!) I bought two skirst- both size 9!!!- two shirts- both medium- and a pair of pants- also medium!!! This from a former fatty who was too big for "normal sizes" and was graduating into the "fat ladies" section!!! (Size 18+)
I also wanted to share a couple of yummy finds I have been munching on lately: Honey Graham Smores- 2 pts each, Vanilla Hazelnut tea- the smell alone kills my cravings for sweets! and finally, beef raviolia soup, campbell's I think- also 2 pts for a bowl.
I will shut up now!
Old 03-30-2001, 04:46 PM   #48  

Hi! Don't worry about the long post I like to hear from you guys. Sounds like you had a terrible day. I totally can relate though. If I screw up I just keep on screwing up that day. Been there. I know it feels so good to get new clothes yay! I bought al new clothes last summer and now I have to lost the weight to get back into them. I too was a size 9. I could even get into my skinny husbands pants. I t is such a shame I did this to myself again. oh well like you say we learn from our mistakes. obviously I wasn't strong enough to to make goal last time but I will be this time. I haven't been exercising and I know I need to. I am losing weight but I don't feel like it and I know when I exercise I fill thinner. So I am trying to kick myself in the butt. WEll thanks for the food ideas I am always looking for those. I suck on tootsie pops when I want something sweet they are 1 pt. ME
Old 03-30-2001, 05:09 PM   #49  

Hi Saskie, wow sounds scary to pass out! If that happened to me I dont know how soon I would donate again. I know what you mean about out of control days. Salty things are my triggers. That day I was out of control it started with potato chips then I went to pretzles and part of a chocolate bar, and so on and so on...... That doesnt include breakfast lunch or dinner. Other than that day I had a good week. I did get some excercise in but I want to do more weight training on top of the things I have been doing to help tone me more. I can relate to you 2Sexy I am having trouble getting as much exercise as I should to get the results I want. Saskie do you plan to attend the meetings weekly or monthly when you are doing maitenence? I think I should still go weekly to keep me in line for a while anyway. I weigh in tomorrow so wish me luck. I hope I am within my range then I wont have to pay anymore. I hope you both have a great weekend I will check back to let you know how my weigh in went. ( Im glad you figured out the smiley faces arent they fun?)

Last edited by Justme; 03-30-2001 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2001, 11:26 PM   #50  

JustMe, I have my fingers crossed for you & your weigh in! You are right- the smilies ARE fun! I am going to keep going to meetings weekly, until August for sure- I heard that a good amount of time to keep going is for as long as it took you to take off the weight. I think that even then I might keep weighing in twice amonth, but am not totally sure. I don't want it to run my life, but I never want to have to lose that much again!
Do you hope to have children ever? I do, within the next few years, but I plan to stay VERY active sot hat it is not so hard to lose the baby weight! 2Sexy, do you have any tips on that, being the mommy in our threesome?
Have you seen how many people have viewed our threads? Holy!!!
I just got home from work-its 10:30 and I have only had 12pts for the whole day, and really am not too hungry. Since I had so many yesterday, and will have more tomorrow, my tracking still balances out. I really like the whole starting with dinner journaling!
talk to ya later!!!
Old 03-31-2001, 12:55 AM   #51  

Hi!!!! Good luck tomorrow justme. I will keep my fingers crossed. Well I did it I walked on my Treadmill for 3miles at 60 minutes. I really had to force myself to do it litteraly. But once I got on I could keep myself going. I wanted to stop at two miles but kept telling myself to go on. I didn't exercise this week yet so I had to make up my 20 miutes a day for two days. Saskie, What do you mean by starting journaling at dinner? Well I better get to bed goodnight. ME
Oh. I gained allot of weight with my first That is when my weight problem began. My second child I only gained 15but I started out over weight and I was on a special diet for gestational diabetes. The biggest difference is that I walked with my second allot. It made the delivery much easier the first was pure ****. Well on that note bye.
Old 03-31-2001, 10:23 PM   #52  

I was down 1 pound, I am 1 pound from being within range 3 from being back to goal. It seems to being going soooo slow this time. The first time I was down 12.5 pounds in the same amount of time. The one thing keeping me from getting discouraged is that I am loosing inches. One pair of my jeans that was tight last weekend isnt any more. I was also noticing how many people have viewed our threads. Mabey its the catchy title (Saskie&toSexy) it sounds so interesting As far as having children goes, I feel like Im getting to old to have a baby. I am in my thirties. I would love to adopt one that is a little older, 5 at the oldest. I have been at my job for 16 1/2 years so I have been around children and babies for a long time so I would be ok with not having an infant. 2sexy Its great that you kept going on the treadmill. I always notice how much easier it is to keep going once you are there. Getting there is sometimes the hardest part for me. Bye for now

Last edited by Justme; 03-31-2001 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2001, 01:14 AM   #53  

Hello! one pound excellent. I wouldn't get discouraged. It sounds to me that you are there I know you would like to get that extra few pounds but don't beet yourself up over it. Physically I bet it doesn't show. When I was 146 I felt fat still and I had that one pound to lose and felt I couldn't do it. That self destruction got me back to where I am now. I look at the pictures of me at disneyland in October of 99 and I looked so good. I can't wait to get there again this time I will know I look good and with a positive head I should be able to stay there. You have done it. Just be happy And then I bet those pounds will go back off. I need to concentrate on my five fruits and veggies I can get the veggies in easy but I have been slacking on fruit. Did you hear of the two point chocolate shake? I haven't tried it yet but sounds good I read it on one of the message boards 1 Cup of skim milk, 1/2 small package of instant pudding fat free and sugar free and a tsp, vanilla put in blender with 8 icecubes and blend till smooth. They say it is like a wendy's frosty. I don't have a blender otherwise I would make it now. When I was on Atkins diet. I would take diet rootbeer and put some whipping creme ( the kind in the little milk carton) and it tastes just like a rootbeer float. Well bye!
Closed Thread