Tea

• I am an unsweetened tea drinker (hard to believe since I am a southerner). My fiance, on the other hand, enjoys sweet tea. For his usual cup of tea it's been 2 pp. I was wondering if anyone here uses a substitute or has any suggestions so that he may continue to drink tea, but for less pp value?

Thanks in advance.
  • I'm not for sure of the answer, but I'm a southerner and unsweetened tea drinker also! No one understands how I drink tea without sweetener. Glad I'm not the only one!
  • Glad I'm not the only one! People think I'm not a true southerner. No sweet tea for me, nor grits!
  • I live in the south and cannot stand sweet tea, either. But I was raised in the north, so that figures.

I have no idea what he could substitute besides the usual artificial sweeteners, and in my opinion you may as well use sugar rather than put those chemicals into your body. Would honey work? Not sure if the consistency would be right.
  • Hadn't thought of honey, but I'm sure the points would be through the roof. He is mostly drinking flavored water now.
  • When I first ever started WW there were two things I would not compromise; 1, I would never drink my tea without sugar and 2, I would never give up bread. Everything else was negotiable. If your hubby loves sweet tea perhaps there is somewhere else he can save points, like giving up margarine (if that's an option and it was with me, one I have never missed). Or maybe do a little incidental exercise to make up for the points, eg, gardening for half an hour.