Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Starting again....but having issues.....

I shouldn't say I'm "starting again", because I'm really not. In total, I lost 65 pounds between January 2011 and May 2012. I've gained back about 25 pounds of that, and I am thoroughly disgusted with myself about it.

I was doing so well when I was going to meetings every week! But then the leader who had been doing the meetings all throughout my weight loss stopped working for WW (health reasons) and a new leader took over...and although it sounds mean, I just really don't like her meeting style. At all. She's very long-winded and just veers off the topic so often...I find myself just losing interest very quickly, so I stopped going to meetings. Which is when I noticed that the weight started creeping back on.

So I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the meetings anyway, even though this new leader drives me totally, 100% up the wall. I need to get back to where I was before, because I'm starting to feel really lousy about myself, and I don't want that. I worked too hard to get the weight off in the first place.

I need to get back on track and start posting here more often, too.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I know what you mean. I had a WW leader once that was totally self-absorbed. I remember seeing her in the street one day and telling her about my weekly weight loss and being rudely fobbed off by her as if she was saying 'I don't care, get away from me'. Continue to go to the meetings, but concentrate more on getting support from the other members. It's been years since I first joined and there are still members I see and we ask how it's going and it's a real encouragement. Remember too, you're doing this for you not for the leader. Good luck!
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #3  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I had the same issue. I started with one leader, and I loved her. But they cancelled that meeting time, because not enough people went to it. So my sister and I went on another night, and I didn't like the leader at all. She seemed to have the people she liked and would interact with during the meetings, and the rest of us were invisible. I would try to participate but she would almost never acknowledge me. I stopped going to the meetings (I still did the plan and lost weight though). Eventually I started going again to another meeting, and the leader there is much better. I'm much more likely to go because of her. She makes me want to go. I hope you can get back into it. And hopefully find someone that can inspire you to keep going, even if it's not the leader.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I am starting again as well. I can't believe I let myself get this far. Time to refocus and believe in myself again.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote