3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Feedback please:) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/286965-feedback-please.html)

dollyfinn 08-31-2013 09:26 AM

Feedback please:)

I have been on and off of Weight Watchers for years. I rejoined on Monday and this is the first time I have using the new 360 program. I am 300lbs. so I assumed that I would lose some weight the first week rather quickly. I am not. I have not lost anything yet. OK, I get that many of you are going to say don't weigh yourself or give it time....but there is more to this story.

On the new plan, I can't even make myself eat all my points on a daily basis. I have been working out with a trainer for a few months. I workout at at least at a medium to a high intensity (per my WW book info.) for 90 minutes three times a week. That comes to about 8 pts. But, even without adding in those activity points per day I am leaving 5-10 points every day because I am not hungry and can't make myself eat more.

So given all of this it seems odd to me that:
1) I am not able to eat all my points even on the days I work out
2)I seem not be be hungry on this program at all
3) the scale has not moved yet at all

Can anyone give me some feedback??? Oh and yes, before you ask, I am weighing, measuring, and carefully recording everything!! THANK YOU!

Krissypants29 08-31-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollyfinn (Post 4828977)
I have been on and off of Weight Watchers for years. I rejoined on Monday and this is the first time I have using the new 360 program. I am 300lbs. so I assumed that I would lose some weight the first week rather quickly. I am not. I have not lost anything yet. OK, I get that many of you are going to say don't weigh yourself or give it time....but there is more to this story.

On the new plan, I can't even make myself eat all my points on a daily basis. I have been working out with a trainer for a few months. I workout at at least at a medium to a high intensity (per my WW book info.) for 90 minutes three times a week. That comes to about 8 pts. But, even without adding in those activity points per day I am leaving 5-10 points every day because I am not hungry and can't make myself eat more.

So given all of this it seems odd to me that:
1) I am not able to eat all my points even on the days I work out
2)I seem not be be hungry on this program at all
3) the scale has not moved yet at all

Can anyone give me some feedback??? Oh and yes, before you ask, I am weighing, measuring, and carefully recording everything!! THANK YOU!

Well first thing that comes to mind why you might not be losing is because you arent eating all your points. Doesnt make much sense right? But I know when I go over or under my points I see a slight difference the next day but then it balances itself out the day after that!

I would take up snacking on nonfat yogurt. Its really hard to answer your question without knowing what you eat. Do you eat breakfast? Do you snack in between meals? If you dont eat breakfast than I would say start..not only is it going to help your metabolism, it will also make you hungry around lunch time! And if you snack in between breakfast and lunch, it will make you hungry for a snack in between.

I never had any issues with not being able to eat all my points..there are some days I am not hungry but I just force myself to eat a light snack to get all my points in.

Hope that helped a little!

ALSO, you just started on Monday correct? Its only Saturday today, generally you will lose weight every week..give or take a couple of days...so check back Monday!

Koshka 09-01-2013 05:38 PM

It is really hard to say. A few questions.

Are you exercising more now than you wear before? Often, we people start exercising or start exercising at a higher intensity they will retain water for a few days or so which looks like they are aren't losing anything.

Do you use an active link or a Fitbit or some other type of activity monitor? In the past I was an incredibly slow loser. I was eating my daily points and only a few of my weekly points and was exercising several times a week, but I averaged 1/4 pound loss a week. I got a WW Activity monitor and found out why I wasn't losing weight. Despite my exercising my life was sedentary enough that I wasn't reaching the baseline of activity that WW assumes that people reach in setting the daily points. (If you don't use an activity monitor but do use a Fitbit or other activity monitor, how many steps are you walking each day? I lose much better when I walk more steps even on non-formal exercise days).

Finally, how are you tracking points? Online or on paper? Do you record what you eat or just the points? Are you eating anything (even tasting something you cook) that you don't record?

How much zero point fruit and vegetables are you eating? Sometimes people don't eat all their daily points because they are eating a lot of zero point fruit, but they aren't losing because the fruit isn't actually zero calorie.

My main suggestion though is that you post here several days worth of what you ate with name of product and amount eaten. Often times people can see patterns in that that can be helpful.

SoMuchFattitude 09-03-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koshka (Post 4830064)

Do you use an active link or a Fitbit or some other type of activity monitor? In the past I was an incredibly slow loser. I was eating my daily points and only a few of my weekly points and was exercising several times a week, but I averaged 1/4 pound loss a week. I got a WW Activity monitor and found out why I wasn't losing weight. Despite my exercising my life was sedentary enough that I wasn't reaching the baseline of activity that WW assumes that people reach in setting the daily points.

All of that.

Also, would you mind posting a day or two of what you've tracked for us?

butterflygirljb 09-03-2013 09:09 AM

Hmmm. Well everyone pretty much covered it. My only question is how much water are you drinking?. I find that if I don't get atleast 64oz a day that I will retain water and not lose anything or go up a pound or more. Water is critical to weight loss. Other then that just give it time and try not to stress as that will make it hard to lose too.

dollyfinn 09-03-2013 10:19 AM

Hey all, thank you for posting. I greatly appreciate it.
I have been working out on a program with my physical therapist for 2 months before joining WW. I am doing the exact workout as before and i do have a fitbit. While I am increasing my steps per day I have not done a ton more than before I joined. I do not think I am retaining water or building a ton of muscle. I did all of that before I joined.

Personally, I am starting to feel that the issue for me is carbs. I started eating more carbs after I joined WW. I am one of those people who can look at a carbs and gain weight. So I will have to try to combine WW with a lower carb approach. Thanks for your feedback!!!!

Jennifer 3FC 09-04-2013 11:47 AM

The carb issue is just what I was going to ask. I am really carb sensitive (I have insulin resistance with PCOS) and I have to really limit grains and get my carbs through fruit and veggies. Give yourself some time to see good results. Water fluctuation is generally a bigger issue when you weigh more, and can also be a big factor when starting any new diet.

Koshka 09-07-2013 01:02 PM

One reason I track calories (on myfitnesspal) as well as WW points is that I want to keep track of carbs. I keep an eye on my overall carbs (mentally subtracting the fiber to pay more attention to net carbs) and also keep an eye on overall sugar (want to keep that on average below 25). I find that I do OK if I keep my netcarbs overall under 100g a day. I can occasionally go higher but don't do well when I go over 150g. SOme people, though, are much more carb sensitive than I am.

I initially cut my carbs to about 40g a day for a couple of weeks and then slowly added back.