3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

Went over 2 points today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Krissypants29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Went over 2 points today

What happens when you go over 2 points for one day? Will I not lose my 2 pounds a week that I typically lose? I know you are allotted 49/week but I never use them!! Anyone? Thanks
__________________
~An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal~

Short Term Goal:




Long Term Goal:
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Gettin' it done!
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,803

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

2 points isn't much, really but I can't say for sure if that will affect your WI or not. I wouldn't stress out over it.
__________________


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Krissypants29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
2 points isn't much, really but I can't say for sure if that will affect your WI or not. I wouldn't stress out over it.
Thanks, I mean we cant be perfect all the time :P Also I had another question, you seem to have been on weight watchers for a while and maybe you would know instead of me creating another thread

Do you actually calculate how much dairy, veggies, and protien etc you are getting? Ive been reading about plateaus and I just want to be ready..I know I get a lot of greens, water, lean meats, grains, and good fats (about 4 points worth) in but I dont calculate everything. I dont know if I get the recommended daily amount of everything!

I was just wondering if people actually do this?

Is it possible to not plateau? I have been losing consistently for 4 months now..not exercising, but I plan to later...to tone up and to just be healthier! But for now I am just losing with diet alone, which I think is feasible......
__________________
~An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal~

Short Term Goal:




Long Term Goal:
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Gettin' it done!
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,803

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

Can you clarify a bit more on what you mean by that you don't calculate- as in not keeping track officially and guesstimating the totals in your head to the best of your ability or not weighing/measuring the food and eyeballing the portions? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy!

When I first started out, I totally weighed and measured everything then tracked faithfully. After a while, I started loosely tracking slowly and eyeballing the food. I think that method is the cause of my few plateaus - when I was heavier, it was okay but now getting lighter, I have to be a bit more stringent. So, I went back to the measuring/weighing and tracking then the lbs came off again. Don't worry if you happen to hit a plateau, it WILL come off! I learned that weight loss is not at all linear especially with pre-TOM and TOM, ugh!
__________________


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Krissypants29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Can you clarify a bit more on what you mean by that you don't calculate- as in not keeping track officially and guesstimating the totals in your head to the best of your ability or not weighing/measuring the food and eyeballing the portions? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy!

When I first started out, I totally weighed and measured everything then tracked faithfully. After a while, I started loosely tracking slowly and eyeballing the food. I think that method is the cause of my few plateaus - when I was heavier, it was okay but now getting lighter, I have to be a bit more stringent. So, I went back to the measuring/weighing and tracking then the lbs came off again. Don't worry if you happen to hit a plateau, it WILL come off! I learned that weight loss is not at all linear especially with pre-TOM and TOM, ugh!
Yah!

What I mean is like measuring your protein intake according to the standards that we are suppose to have? I know I get enough of certain things but I dont know how much LOL...I think counting points is enough thank you! Nobody has time for that lol .. but yah I measure everything too...when it comes to meat I pre package everything, but it doesnt matter because I end up weighing it after its cooked anyways.

Its funny when you visit inlaws or family..I literally cooked my rice, quinoa or bulgur wheat instead of eating their side dishes- which was usually starchy foods. It was just funny because I would always weigh my meat etc...while they just carried on with supper..it can get weird sometimes because I sense other people have their own thoughts and wonders of what I am doing.

Thats why I dont like to travel and when I did- just recently- I had warned them that I would be weighing my food etc! lol
__________________
~An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal~

Short Term Goal:




Long Term Goal:
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
Gettin' it done!
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,803

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

Lol, I've done the same thing a few times when visiting friends/family.

I just try to follow the GHG the best I can-more like 85-90%. I really wouldn't worry too much about it because you're doing something right (44lbs and counting!)! As I learned, we really don't need that much protein- there's plenty protein in 2+ dairy (esp cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and 1-2 servings of meat/beans/etc. unless you're gonna be seriously lifting and doing body recomp or something like that, heh.

__________________


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 07-27-2013 at 02:25 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Krissypants29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Lol, I've done the same thing a few times when visiting friends/family.

I just try to follow the GHG the best I can-more like 85-90%. I really wouldn't worry too much about it because you're doing something right (44lbs and counting!)! As I learned, we really don't need that much protein- there's plenty protein in 2+ dairy (esp cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and 1-2 servings of meat/beans/etc. unless you're gonna be seriously lifting and doing body recomp or something like that, heh.

Yah thanks I know eh..yay 44 pounds..only 26 more to go

I follow most of what that table says except I dont always get my yogurt in..and I dont drink milk! Im going to try non fat greek yogurt w/frozen berries a try- for breakfast soon

I also eat only 2 servings of fruit a day and 5 or more of veggies. I find that berries are the lowest in sugar, as well as apples! They arent as important to me as veggies/greens!!
__________________
~An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal~

Short Term Goal:




Long Term Goal:

Last edited by Krissypants29 : 07-27-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BreathingSpace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 506

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Default

I'm a WW rebel. I don't follow or pay attention to their guidelines at all of how much ____________ I'm supposed to be having daily.

And 2 points is the equivalent to about 100 calories so you're going to be fine. However, going over 2 points every day all week MAY affect your total loss.

The first 2 times I did WW I just did the plan for 6 months with no exercising and lost weight. Then I naturally fell into exercising at the 6 month mark, not because I plateaued but because I felt like exercising.

You've lost 44 pounds in 4 months???!!! WOW congratulations that is awesome! Have you been super strict with the program?
__________________
"There is simply no way for the scale to accurately measure the most beautiful part of your spirit".

Check out my BLOG here for weight loss woes, yoga and life!

BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Krissypants29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
I'm a WW rebel. I don't follow or pay attention to their guidelines at all of how much ____________ I'm supposed to be having daily.

And 2 points is the equivalent to about 100 calories so you're going to be fine. However, going over 2 points every day all week MAY affect your total loss.

The first 2 times I did WW I just did the plan for 6 months with no exercising and lost weight. Then I naturally fell into exercising at the 6 month mark, not because I plateaued but because I felt like exercising.

You've lost 44 pounds in 4 months???!!! WOW congratulations that is awesome! Have you been super strict with the program?
Thanks And yes I plan to lose as much as I can with just diet alone, I heard that it has been done ....

I am strict I guess..yah...I follow the points, Ive substituted most of my starches for grains, bread with ezekiel bread, get my good fats in, eat way more veggies, eat fruits, drink lots of water, and just recently eliminated sugar from my beverages!!

I find I eat a lot of different things now that I didnt eat before. I havent indulged in sweets, which I know you can have every now and than so I guess I can say I am strict with that..I would love to go grab an ice cream blizzard but I am thinking once I reach goal weight I can have snacks every now and than :P

I actually dont miss it..I use raw honey or sweetener..although I favour the raw honey.

And congrats to you too
__________________
~An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goal~

Short Term Goal:




Long Term Goal:
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
freelancemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,197

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypants29 View Post
Do you actually calculate how much dairy, veggies, and protien etc you are getting? Ive been reading about plateaus and I just want to be ready..I know I get a lot of greens, water, lean meats, grains, and good fats (about 4 points worth) in but I dont calculate everything. I dont know if I get the recommended daily amount of everything!

I was just wondering if people actually do this?

Is it possible to not plateau? I have been losing consistently for 4 months now..not exercising, but I plan to later...to tone up and to just be healthier! But for now I am just losing with diet alone, which I think is feasible......
When I did WW a few years ago I never paid attention to macros and didn't exercise. I never plateau'ed.

This past go-round I lost weight on my own, with no official program. I just ate 1,500 cals instead of my previous 2,500+. Same deal: never tracked macros and didn't start exercising until I'd lost the weight. No plateaus to speak of.

F.
__________________

Last edited by freelancemomma : 07-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weight Watchers 20 Something Buddies PT 2 CakeBatter 20-Somethings 391 07-01-2009 04:50 PM
Let's track 2 - (get and share ideas) melloyan Weight Watchers 389 01-01-2007 09:41 PM
Losing for April Fools! Wk 2, Jan 2,2006 Sheri~C Weight Loss Support 212 01-08-2006 09:29 PM
Food Journal (Thurs 2/07 - Wed 2/13) CJ Support Groups 13 02-27-2002 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2