3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Went over 2 points today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/285332-went-over-2-points-today.html)

Krissypants29 07-26-2013 10:42 PM

Went over 2 points today

What happens when you go over 2 points for one day? Will I not lose my 2 pounds a week that I typically lose? I know you are allotted 49/week but I never use them!! Anyone? :) Thanks

amandie 07-26-2013 10:55 PM

2 points isn't much, really but I can't say for sure if that will affect your WI or not. I wouldn't stress out over it. :)

Krissypants29 07-26-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4801523)
2 points isn't much, really but I can't say for sure if that will affect your WI or not. I wouldn't stress out over it. :)

Thanks, I mean we cant be perfect all the time :P Also I had another question, you seem to have been on weight watchers for a while and maybe you would know instead of me creating another thread

Do you actually calculate how much dairy, veggies, and protien etc you are getting? Ive been reading about plateaus and I just want to be ready..I know I get a lot of greens, water, lean meats, grains, and good fats (about 4 points worth) in but I dont calculate everything. I dont know if I get the recommended daily amount of everything!

I was just wondering if people actually do this?

Is it possible to not plateau? I have been losing consistently for 4 months now..not exercising, but I plan to later...to tone up and to just be healthier! But for now I am just losing with diet alone, which I think is feasible......

amandie 07-27-2013 12:46 AM

Can you clarify a bit more on what you mean by that you don't calculate- as in not keeping track officially and guesstimating the totals in your head to the best of your ability or not weighing/measuring the food and eyeballing the portions? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy! :)

When I first started out, I totally weighed and measured everything then tracked faithfully. After a while, I started loosely tracking slowly and eyeballing the food. I think that method is the cause of my few plateaus - when I was heavier, it was okay but now getting lighter, I have to be a bit more stringent. So, I went back to the measuring/weighing and tracking then the lbs came off again. Don't worry if you happen to hit a plateau, it WILL come off! I learned that weight loss is not at all linear especially with pre-TOM and TOM, ugh! :dizzy:

Krissypants29 07-27-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4801580)
Can you clarify a bit more on what you mean by that you don't calculate- as in not keeping track officially and guesstimating the totals in your head to the best of your ability or not weighing/measuring the food and eyeballing the portions? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy! :)

When I first started out, I totally weighed and measured everything then tracked faithfully. After a while, I started loosely tracking slowly and eyeballing the food. I think that method is the cause of my few plateaus - when I was heavier, it was okay but now getting lighter, I have to be a bit more stringent. So, I went back to the measuring/weighing and tracking then the lbs came off again. Don't worry if you happen to hit a plateau, it WILL come off! I learned that weight loss is not at all linear especially with pre-TOM and TOM, ugh! :dizzy:

:) Yah!

What I mean is like measuring your protein intake according to the standards that we are suppose to have? I know I get enough of certain things but I dont know how much LOL...I think counting points is enough thank you! Nobody has time for that lol .. but yah I measure everything too...when it comes to meat I pre package everything, but it doesnt matter because I end up weighing it after its cooked anyways.

Its funny when you visit inlaws or family..I literally cooked my rice, quinoa or bulgur wheat instead of eating their side dishes- which was usually starchy foods. It was just funny because I would always weigh my meat etc...while they just carried on with supper..it can get weird sometimes because I sense other people have their own thoughts and wonders of what I am doing.

Thats why I dont like to travel and when I did- just recently- I had warned them that I would be weighing my food etc! lol

amandie 07-27-2013 02:19 AM

Lol, I've done the same thing a few times when visiting friends/family.

I just try to follow the GHG the best I can-more like 85-90%. I really wouldn't worry too much about it because you're doing something right (44lbs and counting!)! As I learned, we really don't need that much protein- there's plenty protein in 2+ dairy (esp cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and 1-2 servings of meat/beans/etc. unless you're gonna be seriously lifting and doing body recomp or something like that, heh.

http://fitnessista.com/wp-content/up.../04/image5.png

Krissypants29 07-27-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4801608)
Lol, I've done the same thing a few times when visiting friends/family.

I just try to follow the GHG the best I can-more like 85-90%. I really wouldn't worry too much about it because you're doing something right (44lbs and counting!)! As I learned, we really don't need that much protein- there's plenty protein in 2+ dairy (esp cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and 1-2 servings of meat/beans/etc. unless you're gonna be seriously lifting and doing body recomp or something like that, heh.

http://fitnessista.com/wp-content/up.../04/image5.png

Yah thanks :) I know eh..yay 44 pounds..only 26 more to go :)

I follow most of what that table says except I dont always get my yogurt in..and I dont drink milk! Im going to try non fat greek yogurt w/frozen berries a try- for breakfast soon :)

I also eat only 2 servings of fruit a day and 5 or more of veggies. I find that berries are the lowest in sugar, as well as apples! They arent as important to me as veggies/greens!!

BreathingSpace 07-27-2013 02:04 PM

I'm a WW rebel. I don't follow or pay attention to their guidelines at all of how much ____________ I'm supposed to be having daily.

And 2 points is the equivalent to about 100 calories so you're going to be fine. However, going over 2 points every day all week MAY affect your total loss.

The first 2 times I did WW I just did the plan for 6 months with no exercising and lost weight. Then I naturally fell into exercising at the 6 month mark, not because I plateaued but because I felt like exercising.

You've lost 44 pounds in 4 months???!!! WOW congratulations that is awesome! Have you been super strict with the program?

Krissypants29 07-28-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreathingSpace (Post 4801892)
I'm a WW rebel. I don't follow or pay attention to their guidelines at all of how much ____________ I'm supposed to be having daily.

And 2 points is the equivalent to about 100 calories so you're going to be fine. However, going over 2 points every day all week MAY affect your total loss.

The first 2 times I did WW I just did the plan for 6 months with no exercising and lost weight. Then I naturally fell into exercising at the 6 month mark, not because I plateaued but because I felt like exercising.

You've lost 44 pounds in 4 months???!!! WOW congratulations that is awesome! Have you been super strict with the program?

Thanks :) And yes I plan to lose as much as I can with just diet alone, I heard that it has been done ....

I am strict I guess..yah...I follow the points, Ive substituted most of my starches for grains, bread with ezekiel bread, get my good fats in, eat way more veggies, eat fruits, drink lots of water, and just recently eliminated sugar from my beverages!!

I find I eat a lot of different things now that I didnt eat before. I havent indulged in sweets, which I know you can have every now and than so I guess I can say I am strict with that..I would love to go grab an ice cream blizzard but I am thinking once I reach goal weight I can have snacks every now and than :P

I actually dont miss it..I use raw honey or sweetener..although I favour the raw honey.

And congrats to you too :carrot:

freelancemomma 07-28-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissypants29 (Post 4801551)
Do you actually calculate how much dairy, veggies, and protien etc you are getting? Ive been reading about plateaus and I just want to be ready..I know I get a lot of greens, water, lean meats, grains, and good fats (about 4 points worth) in but I dont calculate everything. I dont know if I get the recommended daily amount of everything!

I was just wondering if people actually do this?

Is it possible to not plateau? I have been losing consistently for 4 months now..not exercising, but I plan to later...to tone up and to just be healthier! But for now I am just losing with diet alone, which I think is feasible......

When I did WW a few years ago I never paid attention to macros and didn't exercise. I never plateau'ed.

This past go-round I lost weight on my own, with no official program. I just ate 1,500 cals instead of my previous 2,500+. Same deal: never tracked macros and didn't start exercising until I'd lost the weight. No plateaus to speak of.

F.