Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Really stupid question about weighing in....

You'd swear I'd never done WW, honest to god. *L*

So I'm trying to re-lose 20 of the pounds I lost (plus maybe another additional 10.) I've slacked off on the WW meetings over the past...oh...three months or so (which is probably why I gained the weight in the first place, because I am the type of person who needs the support aspect of WW more than just about anything else.)

But here's my issue this time. There are two WW meetings a week in my town, both on Wednesdays -- one in the morning (9 AM) and the other at 6 PM. Before, I always went to the evening weigh-ins. I'm not sure why, but it was just the one I ended up sticking with.

Now, this time around....well. For the past week, I have been weighing myself daily, in the morning as soon as I get up and go to the bathroom. I've been seeing a steady drop over the past week.

This sounds silly, I know...but do you think I should make my "official" weigh-in tomorrow at a morning meeting, just because I've been weighing myself in the mornings?

I know...it's really silly. I told you! *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I say go to the meeting that you can stick with if you think you would be more successful attending the meetings and stick with that weight as your official weight. Don't stress about the add'l pound or two of clothes/food, etc. - in the long run, you want to make choices to support your health and not worry if you wore shorts one week and jeans the next, etc. If the idea of switching morning to evening bothers you - have them not show you the weight the first few weeks. Good luck! (I'd been to a ww meeting where a woman even took off her earrings. Studs. Small studs. - that garnered a laugh )
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #3  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
(I'd been to a ww meeting where a woman even took off her earrings. Studs. Small studs. - that garnered a laugh )
...I think *every* woman in my old WW group used to do that. It was the funniest thing during the winter; you'd go into the meeting room and there'd be women all over the place, pulling off layers of clothes. Bahaha.

In terms of what meeting I'm going to go to from now on...I really think I'm going to switch to the morning meetings. I've been thinking about it and I realized that when I was going to the evening meetings, I was engaging in some really unhealthy behaviours. For example, the day of my weigh-in, I would eat as little as possible. I also refused to exercise -- I had this ridiculous idea that exercise made me hold water and therefore would affect my weigh-in. It didn't affect me badly in the beginning, since I was so big...but as I got smaller, not eating all day got to be a bad thing (as you can imagine.) I had a couple of times where, immediately after getting weighed in, I had to grab a can of regular Coke out of a vending machine because my blood sugar had dropped so low I was faint.

God, when I think back on it, I was so stupid. o_O I'd be much better off going to a morning meeting; that way I can get on with my day like a normal person.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote