3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Considering joining (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/285115-considering-joining.html)

Breannaj1215 07-22-2013 08:16 AM

Considering joining

Ive calorie counted in the past using the lose it app but got lazy and stopped.

Im sick of being fat. Ive proven that I can lose weight. My issue is sticking to something because ill lose 30+ lbs and quit. i want to start slow. Since weight watchers cost money its an investment to me. the cost of the monthly online plan is one meal eating out.

Im just not sure it has enough structure for me because u can eat whatever u want. that part has advantages and disadvantages.

Thoughts? Experience? :(

basketballmamma23 07-22-2013 08:51 AM

I have done WW in the past, and I do really like the fact that you can eat whatever you want. But, for me, if I have trigger foods (like spaghetti), I will not allow myself to eat it on any diet, because I know what will happen. lol I like that I can say "well, I'm not going to eat X so that I can save my points for Y". Plus, I feel WW looks more into the food instead of just the calories. Good luck!!

PUPMOM5 07-22-2013 09:53 AM

Weight Watchers really taught me how to eat for the first time in my life. Yes, I can have a cheeseburger, but is it worth the points? No. I'm choosing not to have one, I am not prohibited from it. That made all the difference in the world to me. It taught me how to eat out, how to indulge a little without getting off track, and about portion size. I highly recommend it.

Breannaj1215 07-24-2013 09:53 AM

pupmom are you just doing weight watchers? Do you do it religiously? And how about working out? Your doing awesome!! :)

Aclai4067 07-24-2013 08:11 PM

Well you can eat whatever you want on WW to the same extent that you can eat whatever you want when calorie counting. It's a matter of fitting it into your points/calories. So I wouldn't let that hold you back. As a previous poster mentioned, it's important to know your "red light" foods and steer clear of things you can't control yourself with.

rubyx4soho 08-02-2013 10:55 AM

i started WW (online only) at the end of june, and so far i am finding it to be really helpful. i use the phone app, track weight weekly (but weigh twice weekly, just for myself), and i like the daily points plus the weekly overage allowance. i'm not doing a lot of additional exercise right now, but i'm feeling really good. i have known so many people on all different diets over the years (including past versions of WW) who would come to a special event and be miserable and unable to eat anything they wanted - i love that i am able to say okay, i have an alumni event on sunday, i will do my best to not use many weekly points, and then if i go over on sunday - even doubly over - i'm still well within my weekly allowance. that was my week last week, i weigh on monday, and i still lost 1.5 lbs. i live alone, and eat out a lot, and the phone app (extensive restaurant info) have been really encouraging... i'm going to a lot of the same places to eat, but just changing what i'm ordering based on the points plus system. (not all restaurants are listed on the app, but googling a restaurant name and "points plus" has revealed a number of pretty comprehensive websites.) and not just veggies are unlimited, but fruits, too. i don't think the "old" plan was like that.

i actually only joined because there was a 3 month special with a $1 sign up fee or something like that, probably shouldn't have waited that long but the $$ investment is something we have to consider as much as anything else, right? i know i just started, but i've lost 8.5 lbs so far and i'm very happy with it. good luck!

blueyes1985 08-08-2013 06:20 PM

Weight watchers is the only program that has helped me. I love it. You can still eat the things you want, you just have to make sure you count the points. I'm doing weight watchers again, for the 3rd time, and it's worked every time. I started it again less than a month ago and I'm down almost 15 pounds... My problem was that once I lost the weight, I had the worst problem maintaining it. Not to mention I had a boyfriend with HORRIBLE eating habits that I let rub off on me, so I gained all my weight back :( But lucky for me, weight watchers works! :)