3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Missed out on at least 12 points today :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/284826-missed-out-least-12-points-today.html)

Krissypants29 07-15-2013 05:09 AM

Missed out on at least 12 points today :(

So my sleeping schedule was bad today, I fell asleep early and didnt get to eat supper like I usually do... I ended up waking up at 4 am but didnt think that it was logical to count whatever I eat from here on as yesterdays points. So technically I didnt get all my calories in for that day :(

Has anyone ever done this and gained a pound for a day? I dont want my body to store any fat thinking that I starved myself!

Thanks

Moving Forward 07-15-2013 05:32 AM

Hi Krissy. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I'm pretty sure you won't gain from one day of eating less. There are many people on 3FC who have done more research than me who say that the starvation mode is a myth. Likewise, there are weight loss strategies such as intermittent fasting and calorie cycling where people deliberately eat fewer calories on certain days. I'm sorry that you missed out on food though! I know for me that when I'm trying to lose every bite matters.

Krissypants29 07-15-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moving Forward (Post 4793071)
Hi Krissy. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I'm pretty sure you won't gain from one day of eating less. There are many people on 3FC who have done more research than me who say that the starvation mode is a myth. Likewise, there are weight loss strategies such as intermittent fasting and calorie cycling where people deliberately eat fewer calories on certain days. I'm sorry that you missed out on food though! I know for me that when I'm trying to lose every bite matters.

Thanks for the reply, and yes every bite does matter :P What is this intermittent fasting that Ive been hearing about? Does this make you lose more weight? And how often must you do this? Whats its purpose? LOL

Moving Forward 07-15-2013 06:45 AM

I'm not an intermittent fasting expert, but the basic idea is that you refrain from eating (fast) for a certain amount of time, which allows you to eat more at another time. There are various methods to do this. I have a friend who does it 2-3 times per week. Basically, he eats dinner one night and then doesn't eat again (except water or tea) until dinner the next night. The next day he resumes normal eating. Assuming the dinner he eats is in moderation, he saves a lot of calories on the day he fasted.

Krissypants29 07-15-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moving Forward (Post 4793091)
I'm not an intermittent fasting expert, but the basic idea is that you refrain from eating (fast) for a certain amount of time, which allows you to eat more at another time. There are various methods to do this. I have a friend who does it 2-3 times per week. Basically, he eats dinner one night and then doesn't eat again (except water or tea) until dinner the next night. The next day he resumes normal eating. Assuming the dinner he eats is in moderation, he saves a lot of calories on the day he fasted.

So has he lost more weight from doing this? And is this a long term thing?? :P