New to WW - over 40 with 25# to lose

• Hello all,

I started WW online on 6/30. I'm 45 and a Mom to 2 wonderful kids who are 10 and 12.

Sadly, I am heavier now than after my son was born almost 11 years ago I've tried various "fad" starvation diets the last several years, and have now come to the conclusion that slow and steady will win the race for me.

I need structure and the Points Plus system is giving me that. I had never realized how many calories I was eating a day through snacking (little bites of this and that while cooking or fixing snacks for the kiddos). Plus I love bubble gum and didn't realize that one piece had 20 calories - yikes!

Hoping it's ok for me to hang out here and learn Since I'm not during actual meetings, I need to be accountable somewhere.
  • Hi there! I've been doing WW online since January of 2012. I've quite a bit more to lose than you do but I can tell you that it has really worked for me. I did WW Online by itself for a few months and then, because I'm the anal retentive sort, I started counting calories too. That combination really works for me.
  • I love WW too! I've reached a healthy weight twice with it. The second time doing it on my own without meetings. I used to never eat veggies before WW but now can't do without them!