Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 08:18 PM   #16  

Thanks everyone for the great uplifting responses!! I feel so much better knowing so many of us have been through this journey many times and are continuing to go through this long, difficult journey. That poem by Emerson was incredible. Even though this lard will probably come off at a turtle's pace, I tell myself that Xmas will be here before you know it and by then I should be at least 45 pounds thinner, which would put me just about at goal. I will be like the tortoise WHO WON THE RACE!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:46 AM   #17  
Rat Terrier Chick

I've joined at least 8 times since 1995. Won't quit this time...I am determined 2001 is my year to reach goal!
Good luck!
Old 03-12-2001, 12:30 PM   #18  
Senior Tortoise

You've got to read the book "Thin for Life." In it, the author looks at 160 people who have lost more than 20 or 30 pounds and kept it off for a minimum of 3 years. She callls them weight loss "masters."

Here's the great part -- 80 percent of these masters had tried 5 or more times to lose the weight in the past. Trying multiple times is actually more likely to lead to ultimate success, probably because we learn something from each try.

So pat yourself on the back here; you're on your way to becoming a true master!

--Lauren
Old 03-12-2001, 04:29 PM   #19  

Lauren, I love that book. In the middle of reading it right now! Also have Eating Thin for Life, and the Thin for Life Daybook, which I'm going to start using when I'm done with my current 12 week journal!

I joined this time for the 5th time I believe. This is only the 2nd time I've been real serious about it, the other time being the 1st time, on the old selections plan when I lost about 36 lbs.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:39 PM   #20  
Teacher Lady

Hi there.......

I am up to about 4-5 times.
But it doesn't matter how long it takes you to do something right, as long as it gets done.
Closed Thread