Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

Hey ladies. I am not sure if any of you would be interested, but I just started an Instagram for my weight loss journey. I plan to post progress and food pics, etc. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to follow each other. My name is geekmadre on IG as well. Look me up!
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Last week they told me to gain a bit of weight back, becuase I was 3lbs below goal, well I went a little too far and ate like crazy, i did not see the wight on the scale until yesterday and today. So today I was up 5lbs, hoping that some of it is salt and it come off by tomorrow. But I know I will still be up but I guess I will have to see what the official wi is. Maintenance is such a balance, just need to learn what the balance is.
This is amazing...I don't think I have EVER been told to gain some! HA HA!!!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I've been missing....
I went off plan last week. I had a hard week over all and to top it off, our oldest dog died on Saturday. It's so heartbreaking.
I had WI this morning and somehow I didn't gain, I maintained. I'm back on plan this week for sure.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #94  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I am so sorry for your loss, MrsD!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #95  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I can't catch a break ya'll! It rained the whole bike ride we did two weekends ago and then it rained/stormed so badly on Saturday they cancelled the swim portion of the triathlon! We still biked/ran - in the storm, which was slightly horrifying to watch lightening as you're running!

My weight has been up and down a few pounds, but definitely not losing currently. I'm beyond frustrated, but trying to keep my chin up.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #96  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like a lot of us are having a rough patch!! What are you doing about it? We just went shopping.... So eating out is not an option this week.

Last edited by smashlers; 05-21-2013 at 07:05 PM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #97  

Well, I am on a pitty wagon. I have been on WW half and half. I feel depressed about it.
I have been losing, about a .5 per week (and yes, I was the one weighing if the cost of WW was worth the slow loss). I do not want to give up, but I feel I am being forced to exerise to get better results, and at my age that is just not going to happen. I try to walk everyday. So, in my mind that plus changing my eating habits should be worth something.
I think the plan is great and easy, but the pressue to exerise and keep increasing the level of it it too much for me, it is making me want to give up.
So, I ask any of you experienced WW's what do you suggest? Someone must have been in this same boat at one time as I am now.
Maybe I need someone to say, hey, it is ok - you are in a bad place right now, it will pass. I have been doing WW since Jan 2013. I think I need a friend. I don't know what I need. I wish I could go back three weeks - and keep going like I was.
I have not been to a meeting in 3 wks, and I don't look forward to going because I am sure I have gained some. (head down)
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #98  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Chickadee: Don't live regretting the past. Learn from your past actions but then forgive yourself and move on. Live in the present and focus on the future. There is no shame in going back to the meetings, go in with your head held high, get on that scale, and move on from there. Nobody will judge you (except yourself, if you choose to).

As for exercise, you can lose the weight without it. You may have to adjust the weekly points you use, experiment a little, but it can be done. Exercise doesn't make it go faster, necessarily. In fact, I have found the opposite to be the case at times. Later, when you are in the groove and want to start being more active, add in some sort of activity, but slowly, very slowly.

You can do this, you've already proved it.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #99  
Sassafrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
Sounds like a lot of us are having a rough patch!! What are you doing about it? We just went shopping.... So eating out is not an option this week.
I did the same thing! And then DH insisted we go to Jason's Deli. Thankfully I know Jason's Deli and the pp values.

I came home yesterday after shopping and hard-boiled 24 eggs, roasted some chickpeas and chopped all my veggies.

No more d*cking around. I am so close to onederland and that it's sickening....
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #100  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!

@Mrs. D, so sorry about the loss of your doggie.

I weighed-in last night and lost 2 lbs. I actually only lost .8lbs. because I had to re-lose the 1.2 that I had gained the previous week. But I'm OK with the loss considering that hubby and I had BBQ ribs and sweet potato fries for his birthday dinner.

@ chickadeee, losing .5 a week is great! All losses are better than gains and if you are consistently losing those numbers are going to add up. You know this!! I don't know who is pressuring you to exercise more, but you need to do what works for you. If you just do some walking most days that is better than nothing. I do encourage you to go back to your meetings and to make sure that you are tracking your points every.single.day!

I know that I could get myself really discouraged. I have been doing this for 50 days and have only lost 6.6lbs. But I know that losing 6.6 is better than gaining or staying at my same old weight. I keep on keeping on and most days it is a battle but I know it will be so worth it. I would be delighted to be your friend and we can encourage each other.

@SMF, "No more d*cking around" Girl, I'm so steeling that motto.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #101  

Another POUND bites the dust! I am pretty excited!!!!!!

I don't think I ate enough last week, not one day did I hit my dailies!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post

No more d*cking around. I am so close to onederland and that it's sickening....
THIS!!!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #103  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Down .6 of a lb.... It's in the right direction. I have all of my meals planned for the rest of the week, and my sister and I are starting the squat challenge.

I got my big old butt in a swim suit this weekend, and decided I want out of these skirted monstrosities. The squat challenge should take a bite out of this booty. Anyone have any other hip busting ideas? My hips are like..... comically huge. Wahhhh
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #104  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Smashlers: The pool in our neighborhood just opened and I had to dust off my swimsuit (yes, with the skirt!) because the kids have been dragging me to the pool every single day. As for your question about hips, weirdly this time the weight is coming off my butt and hips first. I really attribute it to all the walking and running I've been doing. Probably the walking more than the running, because I run on a flat surface and only once a week, but I walk our neighborhood which is very hilly. So if you have hills near you and can walk them, try it for a few weeks. Or up the incline if you use a treadmill.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #105  
Sassafrass

smashlers - My hips are also comically huge. They have been referred to as my "hippos." Fortunately, I have a tiny waist, so it offsets them a touch.

I personally like Lane Bryant suits because I can size by my boobs (36F) and bathing suits are rather nightmarish for me without the proper support.