Old 05-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #31  
start WW 5/1/13

S/C/G: 235/134/128

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover View Post
I bought a fresh pineapple! I am going to make chicken teriyaki tomorrow night! YUM!!!
Sounds great - please post how it turns out and a recipe too!!
PA61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 278.0 / See Ticker / 169

Height: 5'9"

Hello all! I just discovered this site and this thread and thought I'd say hi! I'm Melinda, a 39 year old SAHM from Oregon. I've done WW off and on since 2000. I had great success at first, but my head wasn't really in the game and I had A LOT of struggles. I also got married and had 2 kids, which shows up on the scale! I've been doing a lot of mental work on my weight issues lately and I am making slow progress.

My regular meeting is on Saturdays and, at my last weigh in, I was down .8. That may not seem like a lot, but that was my regularly scheduled weight gain week, so I'm happy with it!

-Melinda
OtterMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Oh, the little things that bring us joy, right movielover?!

Darn, I was hoping for a WI buddy, PA61. I WI Tuesday mornings. Does anyone WI on Tuesdays?

I have been weighing throughout this week and it seems like this will be either a maintain or gain week, again. Even after following plan. This really discourages me...

And, I still feel like I am in a rut food wise. Can anyone help?
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
Oh, the little things that bring us joy, right movielover?!
Seriously!!!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #35  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Hi OtterMommy, from a fellow SAHM. Welcome to 3fc, this is a great group. Congrats on the loss during your normal gain week, I have a regular gain week too, and I would love to see a loss there sometime. Keep up the great work!!!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #36  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Anyone have any good WW recipes that I could take camping with me? I was thinking for breakfast prefreeze eggs with vegs in them in baggies, pop on my small camping stove. I am going to make some no bake protein bars. But I am at a lose for what to do for dinner/lunches. From what I have right now in my tracker, I have 18 pts (19 remaining) if I were to eat every single thing I am bringing for quick on the go snacks. I will be going camping next week and I want to lose weight/maintain. Definitely not gain!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #37  
start WW 5/1/13

Quote:

Darn, I was hoping for a WI buddy, PA61. I WI Tuesday mornings. Does anyone WI on Tuesdays?

I have been weighing throughout this week and it seems like this will be either a maintain or gain week, again. Even after following plan. This really discourages me...

And, I still feel like I am in a rut food wise. Can anyone help?
I am going to switch to Tuesday, so that is great! They switched one of my DH's treatments, so this will work. Not sure what to say about the rut though do you think too much fruit? I worry about that sometimes. Did you ever follow the previous points program - when you counted everything? I wonder if that wasn't better/easier....hmmmm...probably just thinking too much!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #38  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

MRSD - what kind of food rut? I'm a foodie!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #39  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Daimere: Camping? I think that would throw me for a loop right now too. Although not very exciting, you could always do sandwiches (that is, unless you're saying away from bread). Hummus & carrots. Pre-cut salad, plus some precooked and pre-cut grilled chicken. Or wraps with the chicken.

Camping sounds fun. Enjoy it, and let us know how you do!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #40  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

@Mrs. D, I weight in on Tuesdays at 5pm. I have my fingers and toes crossed that I will actually see a good loss tonight. I'll let you know!

I'm a foodie too, which is why I have to be creative with bold flavors or I won't be successful at all with losing weight. I do think I might be going to a bit of a food rut just because I've been so busy and any real cooking is something I only do once or twice a week. I did just discover Yoplait Greek yogurt! Yum!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I guess I thought I was more in a food rut when I thought I was going to gain again this week. I WI'd this AM and I am down -2.4 lbs. So I lost the water weight I had from last week and a tiny bit more. I knew it was water weight, I was just giving myself a really hard time about the gain, I was so mad. Now it seems like the distant past!

PA61--I have done the previous WW plan, but I enjoy PP so much more. And it's not advised to combine the plans. I don't think it's too much fruit. I am staying within my 5 a day range and I'm trying my best to pick low sugar fruits. A WI buddy would be awesome!

SoMuch--I just feel so blah about my food. I'm not looking forward to eating like I normally do. I'm afraid I will fall back into a skipping meals routine. I'm simple when it comes to food. While I like to cook, it's nothing fancy. I love to cook, I love to bake, and I love to eat (normally) but I would not consider myself a foodie.

My biggest complaint right now is that I'm sick of eggs in the morning and most mornings I don't want to cook. I don't know what to eat when I don't want to cook! Lunch goes well and I really enjoy cooking dinner because I'm feeding my husband (I don't know how to explain that. I'm still eating WW friendly meals, but I am doing something for my husband so it makes me feel good). Snacks are getting boring too. A girl can only have so much cheese sticks and apples, yogurts and strawberries...

Teresa--Yay for another WI buddy! I am doing it at home, so I WI first thing in the morning.

Last edited by MrsD2008; 05-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #42  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

MrsD- I weigh in on Tuesday before my 10am meeting.

My first week on maintenance went ok, I enjoyed eating more points (now at 32 instead of 26) I just need to make sure I do not over do it on the BLTs. I gained 1lb but I think that is mostly clothing choice. (last week I wore light yoga pants, this week I wore jean capris and my chunky belt). I am still 1.4 lbs below goal so not changing my points yet. Here's to another 5 good weeks.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 175.4/174.0/135

Height: 5'3"

I had a 3.4 pound weight loss during my second week. Unfortunately I think I may end up with a gain during my third week... I need to refocus after a fun girls weekend.

In other news, we just found out our rent is going up by $200/month (it went up $100/month last year). Don't know why I'm sharing that info on here but I'm bummed and, for whatever reason, telling other people makes me feel a wee bit less depressed.
TerrapinMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #44  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

MRSD - I love plan greek yogurt with homemade granola and agave...mmm.. I actually don't eat a lot of eggs in the morning. I have also found that I'm not much a breakfast person and I'd really much rather have a chicken breast and rice for breakfast. Have you thought about breaking the traditional confines of what "breakfast" is?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #45  
start WW 5/1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa66 View Post
@Mrs. D, I weight in on Tuesdays at 5pm. I have my fingers and toes crossed that I will actually see a good loss tonight. I'll let you know!
Sending good weight loss vibes your way!

Quote:
I guess I thought I was more in a food rut when I thought I was going to gain again this week. I WI'd this AM and I am down -2.4 lbs. So I lost the water weight I had from last week and a tiny bit more. I knew it was water weight, I was just giving myself a really hard time about the gain, I was so mad. Now it seems like the distant past!

PA61--I have done the previous WW plan, but I enjoy PP so much more. And it's not advised to combine the plans. I don't think it's too much fruit. I am staying within my 5 a day range and I'm trying my best to pick low sugar fruits. A WI buddy would be awesome!

SoMuch--I just feel so blah about my food. I'm not looking forward to eating like I normally do. I'm afraid I will fall back into a skipping meals routine. I'm simple when it comes to food. While I like to cook, it's nothing fancy. I love to cook, I love to bake, and I love to eat (normally) but I would not consider myself a foodie.

My biggest complaint right now is that I'm sick of eggs in the morning and most mornings I don't want to cook. I don't know what to eat when I don't want to cook! Lunch goes well and I really enjoy cooking dinner because I'm feeding my husband (I don't know how to explain that. I'm still eating WW friendly meals, but I am doing something for my husband so it makes me feel good). Snacks are getting boring too. A girl can only have so much cheese sticks and apples, yogurts and strawberries...

Teresa--Yay for another WI buddy! I am doing it at home, so I WI first thing in the morning.
for your great loss! Maybe mixing around your meals as SoMuchFattitude suggested might help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
MrsD- I weigh in on Tuesday before my 10am meeting.

My first week on maintenance went ok, I enjoyed eating more points (now at 32 instead of 26) I just need to make sure I do not over do it on the BLTs. I gained 1lb but I think that is mostly clothing choice. (last week I wore light yoga pants, this week I wore jean capris and my chunky belt). I am still 1.4 lbs below goal so not changing my points yet. Here's to another 5 good weeks.
You are doing terrific - I too think it was the "chunky belt"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrapinMode View Post
I had a 3.4 pound weight loss during my second week. Unfortunately I think I may end up with a gain during my third week... I need to refocus after a fun girls weekend.

In other news, we just found out our rent is going up by $200/month (it went up $100/month last year). Don't know why I'm sharing that info on here but I'm bummed and, for whatever reason, telling other people makes me feel a wee bit less depressed.
I am so sorry. Doesn't seem right

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
MRSD - I love plan greek yogurt with homemade granola and agave...mmm.. I actually don't eat a lot of eggs in the morning. I have also found that I'm not much a breakfast person and I'd really much rather have a chicken breast and rice for breakfast. Have you thought about breaking the traditional confines of what "breakfast" is?
I think this is a great idea!

I had a good first week so will continue to move forward.