Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 09:18 AM   #16  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!
Whew! Feel like I've been away a very long time. And what a lot of new things to figure out. Gizzi-I couldn't get into my profile to make a change. Later on, I'll take the time to actually read the help link. For right now, I'm saying that my last WI was down to 187. Only 1 to go and get my 60lb star. BUT, I really splurged this week and do expect to pay the piper. April 1st marks a year with WW, I hope to get my star by then.

Y'all with job stress, been there, done that, eaten everything in sight . It's really hard to sit in that office and wonder about whether there will even be a job and who might go first. At the same time, this must be an opportunity to reframe like they tell us at WW. And having a pity party really doesn't motivate as well as an upbeat evaluation on what we do have.

Lauren-in watching you avoid refined sugars and flours, I just wanted to note that I have eaten hi-fiber cereals with milk/yogurt for years. And at 10:30am, DING! my stomache alarm goes off. Yesterday I had two boiled egg whites and a small bowl of cereal. Felt very full and lasted til nearly 12:00. Today I made a 3 point egg white omelet with parmesan cheese, cilantro, fajita seasoning and salsa. YUMMY!! Wonder if this change will help my hypoglycemia symptoms?

See you ladies soon!

an old geezer (senior member)
Old 03-17-2001, 09:26 PM   #17  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Question

Howdy again, all!
What fun this new site is!! But I've got to get a pic in soon. That's why I chose the loverly doggie -to remind me to get with it.

After seeing yesterday that I was considered a Senior Member, I went to WI this a.m. and checked in with my WW walking group. The team leader had our vital statistics on the back of a manilla envelope. Under the flap she wrote our ages -guess who was the oldest by 5 long years?! But at the same time, guess who was kicking butt on the distance? So, I guess it's ok to be the granny on the team, if I'm still out in front.

Went to the outlet mall and bought bras. My favorite kind of shopping to hate. But, found a 1/2 price store and bought a very unpractical Ralph Lauren multi-animal print bra and panty set. Boy, is my DH gonna be surprised!!

Gotta go tuck in the rugrat. She was a good sport on the shopping expedition. We even were blessed to find her an Easter dress at a reasonable price at the very first kid's store. Sure beats fighting each other all day at the mall for the Christmas one. If y'all have access to a Heartstrings shop, it's worth a look.

Bye all, Y'all be good!

Last edited by Dora140; 03-17-2001 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2001, 04:44 PM   #18  

Hi all . I'm a sad , sad member . My computer is sick & my son , who made it sick , hasn't figured it out , yet . I'm using my moms computer right now , but don't have access on a regular basis . Last week I gained 3.5 pounds , this week I lost 2.5 . Yeah ! A loss , no matter how small , is better than a poke in the eye with a stick . I'm speaking to people who gripe about those 1 or .5 pound losses . After awhile you'll feel grateful for a .5 pound loss . You'll always wish for more , though . I only have 1 1/2 more months till Hawaii . I can't wait .
Dora , are you travelling all over , like you did last summer ? Or , are you stuck at your job ?
*Bakers breakfast cookies has the new nutritional labels , on them now . Bad news ! They claimed before that their imfo was correct . The fruit & nut has more calories , more fat , & less fiber , than before . They are now 5 points for 1 . I don't know about the others . I swear they're smaller , too . I could be wrong .
Have a great week , everybody . I hope to be back on a regular basis , soon . Kathy
Old 03-19-2001, 08:41 AM   #19  
Senior Tortoise

Dora, thanks for posting your picture. You're adorable! And you certainly have been kicking butt.

I need to reevaluate things and make some changes. I'm just not losing as well as I'd like on 123 these days. Because I tend to make the best progress if I take baby steps, I think my next baby step will be to eat more veggies. A LOT more veggies. And not beans, either. (I'm already eating a lot of beans, especially this time of year.) I just haven't been eating the 0-point veggies; I've been filling up on more caloric things. So that'll be my next step. And sticking with the exercise, of course.

Kathy, hope your computer gets fixed soon.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
Old 03-19-2001, 01:38 PM   #20  

Hi Everyone, How are things going this week?
Sorry I haven't posted lately, but had unexpected "inlaw" company come in for 5 days. Oh what fun!

Was not able to make the changes in my program that I had wanted, as we ate out every single night. I am sure that you know what kind of disaster that can be, especially when you are just starting out. So I expect little change when I weigh in tomorrow.

I have had to reevaluate this week of how much do I really want to lose this fat and am I willing to do what everr it takes to go the distance. Well all I had to do was look at myself in the mirror and the answers were right there in front of me and quite clear. YES! I am ready to do whatever it takes to get this fat off me once and for all. No matter how slow or long the process will be. I am sick of being this way, feeling this way and not able to do all the things I want to do. This fat has got to go!!

Keep up the good work ladies. ONE DAY AT A TIME! ONE POUND AT A TIME! We can all reach our goals one by one . We just need to change the way we look at food. It is NOT the answer to our problems or our moods. Overeating actually causes us to have more problems, serious problems. And our moods and self esteem just gets worse with every pound we gain. We need to stay committed to ridding ourshelves of this fat monster once and for all. Like Lauren once said, Take it one day, one meal and one hour at a time. We can get there! Stay OP this week. Have a great week!
White Squirrel
Old 03-19-2001, 08:12 PM   #21  
ME2

White Squirrel, thank you for that timely message. You ask how everyone is doing....I for one am in week two of struggling. All of a sudden, just being conscious of what I put in my mouth is too much of a struggle. I'm eating way over points, sneaking food, etc. I am still drinking my water, barely, and exercising, but something is going to have to give here. I won't be able to WI for the next 3 weeks due to other commitments. That could be either a good thing, in that it will give me time to get my act back together, or it could be a bad thing in that I'll think I have time to go totally out of control. I'm voting for the former. I'm definitely going back to my journal tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am right now.

Michele
Old 03-22-2001, 02:14 PM   #22  
Senior Tortoise

Michele, any ideas why you're struggling so much right now?

I continue my same pattern -- staying OP until that week before TOM. Then eating at the high end of my points, then eating over them a bit. Just that week manages to keep me from losing any weight for the entire month.

On the bright side, I'm sticking with the exercise. Right now I work out between 3 and 4 times per week. My stamina and strength are definitely improving. I figure that if I'm going to be stuck as a fat person for the forseeable future, I may as well be fat AND fit and active.

Onward,

Lauren
274/216/fit and active
Old 03-22-2001, 04:59 PM   #23  
ME2

Lauren, funny you should ask. While I was in the midst of it all, I really didn't have a clue as to why I was stuffing my face, and I really didn't want to know. I didn't want to have to think about it (That's my biggest on-going problem. Resenting the whole life-style change thing). Anyway, I knew I had to put the brakes on and committed to getting back to my journal and through my writing, it became very apparent what the triggers were.

First, I was way too tired. I was not getting enough sleep, and when I'm tired I eat in an effort to make myself feel better. I'm happy to say I'm back to at least 6 hours a night (instead of 3 or 4) and am taking naps on the weekend.

Second, DH decided he wanted to lose a few pounds. He came to me and asked me about points and show I showed him how to count them. He started keeping his eating journal, and I got competetive and gave up. Thing is, we have totally different eating styles. I like to have roughly half to 2/3 of my points before dinner, and then have a smaller dinner and maybe an evening snack. DH on the other hand has maybe 1/3 of his points before dinner and then has a really big dinner. I would see his journal before dinner and see how few points he had eaten and just kind of say, what the ****, and eat as much as him for dinner. Oh, and by the way, DH wanted to lose 10 pounds and in 2 weeks he's already lost 6. It's enough to make you sick!

Now that I'm conscious of what I was doing, I've been back on track. So much of my life is spent on auto pilot. I am proud that I'm catching myself and figuring things out. I just need to work on figuring it out sooner.

Other than that, I'm going camping this weekend with DD and her Brownie troop. I foresee a weekend filled with s'mores and girl scout cookies...YIKES! Actually, we'll be doing some hiking and other fun stuff, and the sweets aren't tempting me right now so I'll be ok.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-22-2001, 07:19 PM   #24  

Hey ladies,

It's been a while since I checked in. I fell off the wagon - BIG TIME! I'm sure I've gained everything back that I lost in 2000. What a downer. I've been thinking about joining again and what should I find but a new WW right by my house. I see it as a sign from God (he does that not-so-subtle stuff sometimes).

I am planning to start in the morning. Wish me luck. I won't be going with my best friend like last time. She has managed to keep most of her 75 pound weight loss off so I'm a little embarrassed to share my weight with her, isn't that crazy?

I'm glad to see most of you are still hanging in there and doing great. I applaud all of you! I'll check in tomorrow to let you know what the true damage is.

I see the plan has had some changes and I'm very excited about that. I heard on the local radio yesterday that Fergie is coming here Tuesday for a personal appearance. I wonder if it's too late to get in on that. I like her, she's cool!

See you tomorrow after I face the music!
Ruby (about 250)
Old 03-22-2001, 07:59 PM   #25  

Hey , i'm just checking in . My computers still down . If any of you get "eating Light" , I made the cashew biscotti . Very good , as a matter of fact , I couldn't leave it alone . I made it for a breakfast potluck , & it was a hit . Thank god it's all gone . There goes another weigh-in . I hate not being able to use the computer when-ever I want to . Have a great weekend , everyone . Kathy
Old 03-22-2001, 10:10 PM   #26  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!!
First off !! RUBY!!! You're back!!! I've been thinking about you here lately. Don't worry one iota about facing any music. This is the first day of your new journey. The past is only a learning experience. And the new 3fc site is sooooo cool. Now, if we could only get Roz and Meme and Lolly back, we'd be a set.

White Squirrel - Great attitude. Do remember that we all have to start over occasionally(I'm doing that this very week) We all have those "inlaw" times that throw us off. The question is whether we overcome and climb back on the wagon of life. Way to go!

Michele -You sound llike the inside of my head somedays. I have recurring "attitude plateaus". A good ole case of the "don-wannas". Yeah, I want to lose this weight, now and forever -today. But tomorrow I may trip over my own ego and go down hard. That's the hardest part of the battle, my brain, not my mouth. You just gotta keep on keepin on. You Can do this, you ARE worth it!

Madame Senior Tortoise () Have you tried adding some of those zero point veggies for that week that goes over the limit? I particularly like the frozen bags of sugar snap peas -no points and so very yummy. Sometimes I eat them as a finger food -takes longer. Yum.

Kathy -I wish a long vacation were in the picture. My new job and our finances will keep travel very limited. I might be able to visit my brother in Virginia Beach if my air miles add up right. And I hope to budget in a few trips to Schlitterbahn, world's largest waterpark, with my DD. Send me a pineapple or three when you hit Hawaii. Slurp! I can eat those things til my tongue swells. They sure are good, but that acidic fiber is rough on a girl. Hey, maybe you can find a surfer boy to bring home!

My walking miles for this week are at 21!! I really will have to push to go over 25 for this week andthen do extra for the lower miles the previous two weeks. Sure will be glad when the scales catches up with the exercise. But I feel GOOD!

Went to my rec center and used their computer treadmill. Did the 4 mile/hour pace. My butt hurt for the next two days! guess my walking style makes me a turtle in my own way.

Ladies -Glad to see you here. Hang in there for a great WI soon!
Old 03-23-2001, 08:21 PM   #27  

New thread ........
Closed Thread