Old 03-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/110

Height: 5'5"

Default Going from IP to WW -- Questions!!

Hello...I am a newbie here.

I'm considering changing from ideal protein to ww. Last year I lost 40 lbs in about 15 weeks on ip (which really wasn't any faster than I've lost weight in the past)I gained it all back in a month & a half. The diet was strict...but I did it. I started on it again a week ago (and lost 8 lbs) but I find that I just want to eat real food...not prepackaged food with salads. I'm not sure that i can live the IP life in maintenance. Furthermore, i seem to read that a lot of people have had issues with maintenance there. I do miss working out...I haven't done that since last July.

My question is...have I messed up my metabolism on ip? Will I be able to lose weight again on ww? I'm so scared that I'm doomed. In all honesty, I have yo yo dieted the past few years...always getting to goal, then messing up & putting the weight back on.

Thanks for any advice you may have for me. I am considering starting ww as well as my workouts, on Sunday.
Fitgirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Welcome! I feel that a lifestyle change you can maintain for life (rather than diets, which tend to start and stop) is the key to keeping the weight off. I think WW could be something I could live with....as long as I spend my points wisely, I am not hungry, and I do love the working out part. I don't have any special knowledge on metabolism, but I don't know of any reasons you couldn't lose on WW. I think the best way to find out is to try (if you really are interested)
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/155/110

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for your reply!!
Fitgirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to WW! I switched from Atkins to WW about 6 weeks ago and it is the best thing.

I love that I can eat real food, as long as it is in moderation. I can eat fruit and veg, bread and cheese. It is wonderful. No more vivid dreams about the foods I wasn't allowed to eat.

Weight loss for me has been slow and steady which to me is great since it feels like it is through a lifestyle changes versus a restrictive diet that isn't realistic for the long haul.
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #5  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

I really love that I get to eat real normal food and really do think it is maintainable (as long as I am able to not overindulge and watch portion sizes). My dad lost a lot of weight on ideal protein and so been able to maintain some but i know other people who have had alot of difficulty.

I think you should be able to loose of ww and hopefully learn how to eat properly to be able to maintain. It might be slower the IDP but in the long run better.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/179/135

Height: 5''6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitgirl01 View Post
Hello...I am a newbie here.

I'm considering changing from ideal protein to ww. Last year I lost 40 lbs in about 15 weeks on ip (which really wasn't any faster than I've lost weight in the past)I gained it all back in a month & a half. The diet was strict...but I did it. I started on it again a week ago (and lost 8 lbs) but I find that I just want to eat real food...not prepackaged food with salads. I'm not sure that i can live the IP life in maintenance. Furthermore, i seem to read that a lot of people have had issues with maintenance there. I do miss working out...I haven't done that since last July.

My question is...have I messed up my metabolism on ip? Will I be able to lose weight again on ww? I'm so scared that I'm doomed. In all honesty, I have yo yo dieted the past few years...always getting to goal, then messing up & putting the weight back on.

Thanks for any advice you may have for me. I am considering starting ww as well as my workouts, on Sunday.
Hi! I'm planing on switching as well, how is it going so far for you? Did you go straight from phase 1 to WW or you did phase 2 and 3 ?

Marilyn
mphil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/check slider/198

Height: 5'4''

I also switched form IP to WW. You don't loose as quickly but I feel like all the weight Ive lost since I have been on WW will stay off. IP was not sustainable for me. I almost fainted one day and told my IP coach. She started me on clean carbs immediately. I did 3 days half IP half fruit and veggies which I think would be like phase 3, and then went to my first WW meeting. I gained 3 lbs the first week and lost 4 the next. I think my body needed to repair its glucose storage. It was so hard at first to eat fruit and then carbs but now I feel like its no big deal. I love WW. I loose about 1.5 lbs a week and I have so much energy. I started jogging. I couldn't even walk around the mall on IP. I hope this helps.
skinnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/179/135

Height: 5''6'

Thanks for your input, it does help and it's very encouraging. I'm doing a week on phase 3 right now, and next Monday will be my first WW meeting (well since last fall). Enough of a transition to me

Marilyn
mphil66 is offline   Reply With Quote