Old 03-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekly pounds allowance

Do you ladies (and men) find it more efficient to use the weekly points in one day or spread the out? I just finished my first week and have lost 9lbs. Woo hoo! Just trying to figure out how to use my points best. And you better believe I'm using those weekly!
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #2  
starwish

S/C/G: 185/142/120

Height: 5'5

I save them for sundays because I have big family dinners then. and i have zero will power when i see all that food
starwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #3  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

I like to save most of them for the weekend. I am better at staying on track during the week, so I allow myself some slack when Friday comes. I might use a few during the week, it something special comes up. I do not like the idea of eating the exact same number of points each day, so my weeklies allow me to vary it from time to time. (and I have lost 24 lbs in 7 wks so this does work).
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Sort of a mix. That is, I'm not going to use 49 weekly points in a day as that would be just gorging myself and isn't how I want to do it.

However, I tend to use the first 20 or so weekly points the first couple of days of my WW week when I usually go out to eat. That leaves 29 points for the remaining 5 days. I would then know that I could eat 5 to 6 points of my WP each day if I wanted to. In reality, I don't usually eat all of those during those last 5 days I usually end up with 10 to 20 WP left over.

Last edited by Koshka; 03-03-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #5  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Mine typically get used on the weekends and quite often in one fell swoop. Went to a wedding on Saturday and used all but on AP. Also, I've found my body likes when I have one "crazy" day to spike my metabolism.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
Mine typically get used on the weekends and quite often in one fell swoop. Went to a wedding on Saturday and used all but on AP. Also, I've found my body likes when I have one "crazy" day to spike my metabolism.
This, exactly. I have been on ww almost 2 weeks now and have already lost 11 lbs. I don't think I realized how many calories my body was taking in a day. I use the weekly points because without them, I don't think I'd stay on plan. I like giving myself rewards and like to get them quickly. I agree that using the weekly points all at once, vs. spreading them out over a course of a week kind of "shocks" my metabolism and thus far *fingers crossed* hasn't affected my weight loss.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248.8/221.4/175

Height: 5'4"

I've been on the new plan for almost a month, and I use about half of my weeklies on the weekend for drinks. I've lost 12.4 pounds so far. Not sure if that all water water, or mostly and now I'm losing fat, but I'm doing well. If I don't have the on night to be free, I'll feel like I'm on a diet and I'll relapse hardcore. I say use em. See what works for you. Last week I used them all, and still lost 2.4 pounds.
Booschhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

For me, I save them for the weekend - when I know I will be at parties, events, traveling,restuarants and all places that provide food. I've have used weekly points (like 3-5 points at the most) for those stressful days were I just need a sweet treat or a salty snack. Like Booschhay, if I feel restricted in what I can and can't eat, I tend to "give up" faster and for me, its always hard to get back on track on something I felt restricted. I guess this is why WW works so well for me! I can eat healthy and at the same time still have the things I enjoy, just portioned and only when I can afford the points.
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223.4/182.2/140

Height: 5' 3"

My WI day is TH, week start is FRI. Many of mine are used on the weekends. I cook family dinner every Sunday and cook homestyle. I also never know what family member we will be eating with on the weekends.

That being said, I usually still have 20 to 30 by Th. Some week days I used 1 or 2.
ckhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #10  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I save them for one day a week that I view as my "splurge day" I found that if I spread it out throughout the week I make bad choices and don't lose like I should. I always use Fridays as my splurge day because it is the start of my week and I can make it up in excercise during the rest of the week.

Last edited by tehshort1; 03-10-2013 at 04:15 PM.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #11  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Just wanted to say congrats on your progress, Candykisses!!!

Like some others have already said here, I usually saved them for weekends because that meant a lot of family get-togethers (read: a shytload of alcohol/beer and fried fatty foods, lol.)

However, I have to stop drinking and eating fatty foods due to some health issues (suckity!) and I barely get to use my weekly points on the weekends now so I just use the wendie plan type (basically a form of zig-zagging daily points along with weekly points spread out in the week.)
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

I do both. It depends on the day. Sometimes I go over on a given day by about 1-3 points. But I try not to use them at all. But that never works. Usually something comes up on the weekend. Like going out of making a special meal and eating a bit more.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Just wanted to say congrats on your progress, Candykisses!!!

Like some others have already said here, I usually saved them for weekends because that meant a lot of family get-togethers (read: a shytload of alcohol/beer and fried fatty foods, lol.)

However, I have to stop drinking and eating fatty foods due to some health issues (suckity!) and I barely get to use my weekly points on the weekends now so I just use the wendie plan type (basically a form of zig-zagging daily points along with weekly points spread out in the week.)
Thank you amandie that's sweet of you. I have not been doing so hot lately but I'm gonna get back up and keep at this thing. I;m determined to get this fat off my body!