Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #1  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

Question I spent all my point on wine today!

Hi...I am new here and restarting weight watchers Tuesday will be my first official weigh-in.

I am committing to tracking ALL of my points, even if I make bad choices. I am good during the week, we have a great salad bar at work, but this weekend was rough b/c we need to go grocery shopping and my husband ordered out to this greasy spoon ( I ordered a plaing grilled chicken).

I ate some fries (which I tracked), and one bite of my sandwich (which I traked). Because of my weight, I get 39 point per week at this time. I spent 11 points on actual food today...the rest went to Moscato.

Do you think I'll have any serious affects? I used to have a drinking problem so I'm not planning on making this a habit. I didn't go over my points but I know that using most of your daily points on wine is not how it's supposed to go.

Any thoughts? TIA
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #2  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Hi there, Welcome back to weight watchers! I think one of the best things about weight watchers is that wine can be something that you can have. My sister is in college and tends to drink more of her points than I do, and it works for her!

I do want to ask you something tho. Are you doing the old points system? Because for example, on the new system, I am 5'7" and started out at 291 with 45 pts+ per day. My sister who is 5'11" got 46 and started at 287.

On the new system you get more points for your weight, but the cost of somethings are more. Noticeably, alcohol. On the old points a vodka soda at the bar would be 2pts, now its 4pts. Wine, used to be 3pts or so for 5 oz, and now it is 4pts.

I just wanted to mention it. Because you could either be cheating yourself and starving, or drinking too many points. Feel free to post and ask questions if you aren't sure of the value of some foods! Good luck.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

MrsYoung0601 - you'll have to see. I can't drink and lose weight. My body won't let me - which is very sad for me. lol
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I love wine - especially Moscato! However, I noticed that if I had even one glass, I wasn't losing, or was losing very slowly. So I have given it up all together. I had one glass last weekend, and that was my first glass in a month. (We had been shopping at the mall of america and it was wall to wall people and I felt it was definitely a necessity at that point). You will have to see how your body reacts to it. Some people can drink and lose, some people can't. I am one who can't.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #5  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

Well, I just did my first week weigh in, -6 lbs, so I guess I can drink and lose. I know that tracking is key; previously on WW I would go a little off track and just say "screw it" and stop tracking. I know that it is not optimal for weight loss and health to use so many points on wine so I will refrain from making this a habit.

Ashley, you made me wonder something...how again do you calculate daily pts allowance? Because I do think I miscalculated and I lost my intro sheet with the instructions...TIA
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote