Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 11:38 PM   #1  

I have been in and out of WW for about 4 years. I am over 300 lbs and have a long way to go. A couple of years ago, I lost 84 lbs but have gained it back. I rejoined WW about 5 weeks ago and lost 12 lbs. The past couple of weeks I have been eating out of control and am facing a substantial gain on Saturday. I was tempted to just quit and rejoin when free registration starts again--after all, that's cheaper than paying for the two missed weeks. Well, my moment of truth, where I cannot escape, is that two of my co-workers have asked if I would take them to join WW this week. Of course I am going to do it. Maybe with them as "buddies" I'll be inspired to do better and work the program. Any feedback is welcome as this is my VERY FIRST post on this board. Yeah!
Old 03-08-2001, 04:30 AM   #2  

Seems like someone wants you to go this weekend, doesn't it? There are several of us on here who have been battling with motivation and willpower, most definitely me!!! I had lost 40 pounds but put it back on. Have lost 5 of that but not without monumental struggle. This is a great place to celebrate when you are up, and ask for help when you are down. I have gotten on here many times and "whined" and no one judges you. We are all in the same boat.

I have had difficulty trying to figure out what plan I am going to use. If I count calories, my fats are generally too high, if I count fats my calories are generally too high. Exchange plans are great if I can figure out how to fit restaurant food in there. I have decided to go see a dietician next week and get her views on this. Seems like the more paperwork I have to do, the less likely I am to have success.

I understand about not wanting to pay for missed weeks. That is really tempting to do. I guess you have to make the best decision for YOU!!!

Elaine
Closed Thread