Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting Over

Again. I was here several years ago and I lost 25 pounds. Over the last 3 or so years, I have gained it all back. So here I am starting over. Last time I just counted calories. This time, I doing it with the help of WW. I am feeling in the same mindset as I did when I lost before, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I am amazed at how much I love weight watchers. I love that I can eat real food and still lose weight! As of this morning I am down 5.6 lbs. I started ww on January 1. I have been doing a biggest loser challenge with a local group of ladies (and a few men) since November. I didn't really get serious until January so my weight loss has mostly come since then. I'm down about 4 since joining ww. I have found it much easier this time to give up carbs. I haven't given it up all together, but I'm limiting it and it's been easy to pass them up. This is all new to me Usually I reach for that breadstick - or anything carb related.

My biggest challenge this time around is that we are in the process of remodeling. I currently have no kitchen. So unfortunately I am eating some lean cuisines and smart ones meals. I would prefer to make my food from scratch, but my space and tools are limited. Salads are easy - but I can only do so many salads. Last night I did make Tilapia in my pizza oven. That was pretty good actually. Any ideas for good, real, homemade food that is easy? Crockpot recipes are the best - however, I need it to be able to all be made in the crockpot. I don't have a place to brown hamburger or cook chicken before I put it in.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

We had ranch pork chops with rice this week. It was really good and only has 4 ingredients. I think the points for the entire meal are around 9ish. Put rice, pork chops, one packet of ranch and one can of cream of chicken soup. I used low fat cream of chicken and its 2pts per serving. Rice is most of the points. Anyway, throw it all in the crockpot and cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 6!

If you try it, let me know if you like it!!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The ww message boards are free,they have a board called recipe review.Everyday there is a crockpot thread.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8674 View Post
Crockpot recipes are the best - however, I need it to be able to all be made in the crockpot. I don't have a place to brown hamburger or cook chicken before I put it in.
Check out this crockpot website: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

She doesn't brown anything (usually) and often adds stuff in frozen. I lived through a 6-week kitchen remodel and primarily used the crockpot, although I had a toaster oven, too. Didn't use frozen meals and only went out once so it can be done. Doing the dishes was the hardest part, IMHO. Good luck!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

You can do this! Congratulations on your most recent success .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksoitsjen View Post
We had ranch pork chops with rice this week. It was really good and only has 4 ingredients. I think the points for the entire meal are around 9ish. Put rice, pork chops, one packet of ranch and one can of cream of chicken soup. I used low fat cream of chicken and its 2pts per serving. Rice is most of the points. Anyway, throw it all in the crockpot and cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 6!

If you try it, let me know if you like it!!
Sounds delish!!!
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote