Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 09:04 AM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everybody! Sorry to have been AWOL for a couple of days. It's been busy here.

I volunteered to chair the Family Council at my dad's nursing home, just before he died of course. Anyway, now that he's gone I told them that I would stay on until we launched our big project which is a recognition program for the caregivers. We are planning to recognize 4 caregivers a month who go above and beyond the call of duty. Sooooo, I've been doing alot of designing on the computer (letters, nomination forms, etc.) and soliciting gift certificates. It's going pretty well, just overwhelming!! That was Thursday.

Friday, I worked all day, but took mom with me and we had lunch together. I try to get her out at least once a week. Sometimes it's hard 'cuz she's on the go so much. I guess that's a good thing. She really hasn't had much of a life these past 4 years, it's time she got out and had some fun!

I cannot believe how jammed I am with jobs for next week. I was hoping to take a little time off to be with honey, but the jobs keep pouring in. He's got a cold he's trying to give me so I keep trying to avoid him. He wanted to start pitchin' some stuff out of my office while I was gone yesterday so I had to have a talk with him about behaving while I was gone. I made him promise to stay out of my office or we were going to tangle!

Maggie: Leftover points are so much fun. I have got to get back to journalling so I know what I'm doing again. I have just been soooo lazy lately. BTW, I love the star and the kitty kat!

Cynthia: Sounds like things are really going well for you. Keep up the good work. Personal trainer/trail dog?? How cute!!

Annie: Wondered where you were. Glad you're back!

Brenda: Sounds like you're doing great! I wish I was talented enough to make a quilt. I guess I'll have to settle for store bought.

Tracy: My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Well all, I have to work again today. Book store, restaurant and hotel stay. Whata life! I thought you might like to know what I look like, so here it is.

Faith doesn't make things easy, it makes them possible.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:27 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

WOW I can't believe me! I have more points to put under my pillow. YIPEKIO. I sure hope the scale is good to me come Monday.

GERI you had me cracking up at that jump roper! Thanks for the great laugh my friend! I am so glad you are keeping a eye on your Mom especially at this time. And you are keeping quite busy yourself.

Everyone have a lovely Sunday.

Maggie fixing to cut some zzzzzzz's in tennessee
Old 03-11-2001, 01:27 AM   #18  
Dying to be thin

Hi Everyone! I am feeling better from the flu but now I am hoarse and have a cough..lol..when does it end?? The only bad thing is I didn't eat much this week...I drank lots of water, which is good though. I wonder what the scale will look like Monday night.

I had a rip-roaring weekend so far!! I have a little story to tell you all. I was dragged to a square dance on friday night and my hubby was sick so my grandfather stepped in as my partner. My grandfather is going to be 72 this June and he is in excellent health. At his age he still kayacks, rollerblades, bicycles, and he is still a security guard at a local business. So anyways, we went to the square dance and during the first dance, HIS DENTURES FLEW OUT OF HIS MOUTH!!! LOL One part slid clear across the dance floor to the tables and chairs..lol
I couldn't laugh right then and there because I didn't want to hurt his feelings but I certainly had a good laugh afterwards..lol... The bad part is they broke in two and I had to call my hubby who was sick, to bring him his old ones..lol... Needless to say in the end it was okay and no one noticed but our square. He said he had fun though and he would go again.

Tonight we went out to eat with my brother and sister-in-law. The chose the restaurant, which was Chi-Chi's (i don't care for it!) I was very proud of myself because I had no chips before dinner and I had a taco salad. Afterwards we went to a local bar and I was the dd so I got to drink lots of water! I had a great time! I felt very proud of my accomplishment!

Tomorrow,(Sunday) we play volleyball and I hope our team kicks butt!!! I will let you know how it goes!

It was nice hearing from all of you! Maggie I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you on Monday!!!

Take care everyone!
Angie
Old 03-11-2001, 12:25 PM   #19  
Find a Way

Angie, I thought stuff like that only happened in the movies. Congrats on not laughing in the poor man's face, and on your choices at Chi Chi's.

Sounds like a lot of folks here weigh in on Monday, as do I. Can't wait to report my second weigh-in and see how down I am. However, it will be bittersweet since I think I'll be losing a point. When do you get to start using those darn PointBooster things?

I had a nice little breakthrough on Friday. DH got a call from the boss (he was taking a 'well day' since it was supposed to be 65 degrees that day) saying that he had to be in Philly Monday morning, of course meaning he would be leaving Sunday. Well, I can prove Pavlov right. I hear "business trip" and immediately start thinking "binge". It was close for dinner and I had planned a burrito. However, I was feeling a bit peckish and the burrito I started to envision had lots of cheese and sour cream - certainly not the 6 pointer I had planned.

But guess what - I actually stopped myself and took time to think about the consequences. That it could mean putting off indefinitely a beach vacation - kayaking in New Zealand - having to lie about my weigh-in on Monday to my husband because I would be afraid to admit I "fell off the wagon" while he was gone. So, I buried the binge thoughts and told myself to just make the burrito I had planned, then see how I felt about things. So I did and as of today I am still OP
Old 03-11-2001, 05:10 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Gosh, good for you guys. I am so impressed with all of your choices! Wish I could say the same thing, but then wishin' don't make it happen! I'll have to work on it.

Maggie: More points under the pillow. You go girl! Hey, how's the corral??? I bet it's finished by now. Is Cowboy taking a vacation from his own 'honey do' list? How are the horses and CJ. You haven't given us an update in a long time.

Angie: Is that a picture of your little one??? Can't tell if it is or just one of the Anne Geddes prints. Cute anyway! Good job at Chi-Chi's. Sorry about the teeth. Glad you were able to have fun anyway. Too bad they broke. Not fun getting a new set!

WWQueen: Good job not giving in to the 'hubby's out of town' syndrome. When my DH was out of town a couple of weeks ago, I sure didn't do as well as you. Good Job! I WI on Monday too. There are alot of us who start our weeks off that way. Kind of makes us behave a little better on the weekend too.

Guess I'll let you all go for now. Almost time to make some supper.

Success comes in CANS...
failure in CAN'TS!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 11:31 PM   #21  
Chick

Well, I just typed a long reply with lots of individual comments to everyone...and for some unknown reason it disappeared when I tried to post it!!

I am tired and going to bed but will try again tomorrow.

Warm hugs to all and wishes for an OP Monday!

~ Tina ~
Highest weight •270
Starting weight •263 9/9/00
Current weight •230
Short term goal •225 (baby steps)
Eventual goal •145 or so
Old 03-12-2001, 09:53 AM   #22  

Hi All!! Well, the weekend was uneventful, other than we went to SIL and BIL's house for (of all things) lasagna. I didn't overeat, but just how fat-free is lasagna?? Hmmmm?

thinthinker: I think it's wonderful that you are staying with the volunteering at the nursing home. I am sure that they appreciate it. Even though your mom is busy, it's good to keep in touch with her - good for both of you. What would we do without our moms? I'm still trying to figure out all these jobs with you . . . are you getting them through a employment agency? Sorry, if that's too personal just ignore it. I'm only curious - could use a couple extra bucks thrown my way. (The money tree isn't budding yet this season. LOL Oh, and I've already mentioned that to the kids.)

hannahntigger: The Denture Dilemma sounds like something that would be on that movie Folks with Tom Selleck. Real life can certainly be hysterical. You handled Chi-Chi's very well. I don't know if I'd have had your strength.

WWQueen: You did an excellent job talking yourself into eating the planned burrito, instead one that was all "dressed up".

maggie: Are you going to send all those banked points to me? I could set them in little spring-time baskets around my money tree.

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-12-2001, 05:21 PM   #23  

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. The funeral was very sad, and I'm glad it's over!

I finally hit the 270's!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! After struggling in Feb and only losing 4.5 lbs! I stayed OP all but one weekend too! Oh well! At least I'm moving in the right direction!

I got an Ab Force too, and have started doing that as well! It's amazing how much I can feel it working. I love it!

Hope everyone else is doing good! Glad to be back!
Old 03-12-2001, 05:39 PM   #24  
Find a Way

Well, I am 3.8 lbs. closer to being 250. Thought it was going to be less, did a little pre-WI at home. Fortunately my scale reads higher . I've added my web page to my signature. Not much there yet, but do have some links. The main thing I use it for is to post my journal.

Thinthinker - maybe we can help each other when the hubbies are away. I think this one hit hard because it wasn't planned, last minute so I didn't have time to psyche up for it. But glad to say I'm still OP since he left and plan to remain so till after he gets back Wednesday.

Tina - I always make sure to copy the long posts before sending them, especially with the way this new server is acting. By the way - how do you get those dots in your sig line?

Tracy - WOOHOO back to you on getting to the 270s. Especially after that disappointing February.

Take care all.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:54 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

It hasn't been this new site that has slowed me down. I think it is my internet connection. Yikes I couldn't get on all day and when I did I couldn't go anywhere. I hate that when it happens. Well here is my weigh in report: I am 1.8 down and closer to 250. I plan on tucking some more points under that pillow this week.

ANGIE your story about the "teeth" cracked me up. Bless your heart for not laughing at him at the time. Brings to mind when I was back in high school Latin class. The teacher was teaching us to sing Christmas songs in Latin and while singing Jingle Bells her teet fell out on the ivorys. Now I am talking way way back there folks..... we were respectful and had enough sense to be embarrassed for her. But did giggle about it for years to come when singing that song. I still know it in Latin.

GERI oh yes the corale is finished. The horses have been having a nice winter in it. Next month we witll take them out to pasture and let them munch grass. Winter time it is so much easier to have them close by to feed them. CJ isn't doing so well. She can't seem to get it through her head to not chase cars and got hit again and I do believe she has a broken hip. She may have to be put down. We just have to wait and see.

TINA I hate that when it happens!

TRACY CONGRATULATIONS on getting down to the 270's! What a grand feeling you must have.

QUEEN CONGRATULATIONS to you for that loss. You are an inspiration.

Have a good Tuesday all you wonderful Countdowners.

Maggie winding down a busy day in Tennessee
Old 03-12-2001, 10:51 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I had WI this morning but I'm so embarrassed that I won't even tell you what happened. Surfice it to say, it was not good! I made Magic Chili tonite for dinner so feel as if I could get back on track this week.

Tina: I hate when my long posts don't go anywhere. I have saved to Word when the post is long just so if something happens, I'll still have it.

Annie: I do mystery shopping and merchandising. Got started a few years ago and have just grown the business. It keeps me busy and off the streets! No buds on your money tree either, eh??? I found mentioning it to the kids doesn't help at my house, how 'bout yours???

Tracy: congrats on the 270's. You're doing great!!!

WWQueen: Another 3.8#. GOOD JOB!!! I'm determined that this week is back OP. Enough stalling.

Maggie: 1.8# is GREAT! Gosh, that's terrible about CJ. Think she would have learned after her first run in with the car! Sounds like you've got a big decision in front of you. I'm really sorry.

Well girls, I guess I'll let you go for this evening. Talk to you soon.

What a man can imagine, he may one day achieve.

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-12-2001 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:40 AM   #27  
Dying to be thin

WOW Everyone posted while I was gone!! I am glad to hear from everyone. For me, my weigh in showed a loss of 3.6!!!! I was very excited...it makes my grand total so far 14 lbs gone FOREVER!!!
By the way, on Sunday we won 1 game and lost 2..which was good since the team was very good!

WW Queen- CONGRATS 3.8 gone!! I love your web page too!!!

Thinthinker- Don't worry about this week's weigh in...tomorrow is a new day!!! By the way..that is an Anne Geddes Picture!! But I will post my daughter's website at the end of my post..check it out...there are a couple of pics of me and my hubby too but they are almost 2 years old now....I have short hair now!!

I am Tina- What part of Ohio are you from? I am from Ohio too!! Northeastern part near Toledo.

2ofMe- I hear you about the money tree!!! Mine's dead..lol...just joking but I can't wait to get my degree and get a job!!

Tracylynn- CONGRATS on making it to the 270's!!!!!

Maggie- CONGRATS on your 1.8 weight loss!!! Watchout 250 here you come!!! I liked your story about your Latin teacher..lol

Well I think we all did well this week! Keep it up!!

My daughter's website address is
http://www.geocities.com/hannahntigg...ahntigger.html

Angie
267.6/253.6/241.6 10%
Old 03-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #28  
Find a Way

Angie - wow, Hannah sure has a good grasp of web page building for such a young age Which chapel in Vegas did you get married? My BIL had his at Graceland. I thought it was great but I don't think SIL was so amused, but she couldn't say much since her family wasn't contributing squaty to the wedding and she and BIL didn't really have a cent to their names. I thought it was great - there was an Elvis impersonator, but once the service began I thought the minister or whatever he was did a fantastic job considering he didn't know the couple or family. For an extra $50 you could have a background of Elvis on the actual marriage certificate, but SIL put her foot down there. I think you need a sense of humor sometimes, but her's was missing that weekend. WOOHOO to your weight loss

Thinthinker - it couldn't be that bad dearie, and we are friends here. If you ever feel it will help to spill the beans, feel free, we won't judge.

Maggie, just curious. Do you use AOL? Another friend of mine who likes these boards had problems the other day as well, and she suspects that AOL is the culprit. I have a DSL line and haven't had any problems. I too have to tuck points under my pillow this week so that I can pull them out on Saturday for a couple of pints of Guiness

It's a wonderful sunny day here today. I'm gonna brew a pot of tea and take a book out on my front porch swing and read away. Have a great OP day all.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:37 PM   #29  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners :D

Thought I would peek in here before I get busy doing house work. We went to the city and just got back so I have some stuff to get done yet. Still OP and loving it!

GERI grilfriend we all have those days! But I do believe you do need a {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}. Get back OP ASAP ya hear!

ANGIE CONGRATULATIONS on that 3.6 down! You go girl! I am right with you every step.

QUEEN CYNTHIA I love your picture. Nope don't have AOL. I live in the sticks and have the only game in town so when they are working on the lines things get slow. They are installing a new tin whistle on the mountain road and going to do some repaving so the phone folks are up there messing with the lines. So it makes my getting on the net iffy. Right now even as I type I have lost my connection.

Have a good evening all y'all.

Maggie fixin' to do some house work in Tennessee
Old 03-13-2001, 05:44 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Happy Tuesday to all of you. My day has gone pretty well. I did have a couple of Dove chocolates, but I made Seafood Chowder for lunch so I think I'll be ok. I worked this morning and then went and had the boobies squeezed. I think the girl thought I was crazy when I called them Gertrude and Hazel! Anyway, it wasn't all that bad! Those of you ladies who have been procrastinating about your mamograms/ paps ...go RIGHT NOW AND MAKE THE APPOINTMENT!!! Please. It could be a matter of life or death!

Maggie, Angie, Cythia: Thanks for the kind words. Things are looking up.

Oh well, guess I should go figure out dinner. I think maybe I'll make Chicken Enchiladas. Either that or spaghetti. What do ya think?

Gotta run. Love to all.

"I will find a way, or make one." - Robert Peary
Closed Thread