Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Sabotage!

Ok, so I lost 98 pounds on WW, got pregnant..baby is now 6 months old. I have been on WW for 3 months and have lost about 30 pounds. I still have 35 to go to get to my previous goal.

I nurse my baby and therefore get what I feel is A LOT of points. 44 daily points, plus the weekly ones too.

I feel like I am sabotaging myself being on WW and having to much freedom. It wasn't this way before. Before I was incredibly strict on myself and didn't find it hard to be that way. I didn't crave everything I shouldn't have. This time around is different. I find I crave everything bad for me so much!! I don't' know if it's nursing or what but I am always hungry and always eating things I shouldn't. I feel like being on WW and having all these points is allowing me to sabotage myself. I see all these points and I use them!! lol Even my weekly ones which I used to NEVER need or touch. Doing this is allowing me to eat bad. I can eat pasta, PB, chocolate etc. etc. because I have all these points and I don't go over my points doing it. But I find my weight loss is slow. About a pound a week on average.

Anyone else dealing with this sabotage?
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
Ok, so I lost 98 pounds on WW, got pregnant..baby is now 6 months old. I have been on WW for 3 months and have lost about 30 pounds. I still have 35 to go to get to my previous goal.

I nurse my baby and therefore get what I feel is A LOT of points. 44 daily points, plus the weekly ones too.

I feel like I am sabotaging myself being on WW and having to much freedom. It wasn't this way before. Before I was incredibly strict on myself and didn't find it hard to be that way. I didn't crave everything I shouldn't have. This time around is different. I find I crave everything bad for me so much!! I don't' know if it's nursing or what but I am always hungry and always eating things I shouldn't. I feel like being on WW and having all these points is allowing me to sabotage myself. I see all these points and I use them!! lol Even my weekly ones which I used to NEVER need or touch. Doing this is allowing me to eat bad. I can eat pasta, PB, chocolate etc. etc. because I have all these points and I don't go over my points doing it. But I find my weight loss is slow. About a pound a week on average.

Anyone else dealing with this sabotage?
If you've lost 30 lbs in 3 months, that average comes out to 2.5 lbs a week. I realize you're not actually losing that much each week, but hopefully that puts it in perspective a bit And 1 pound a week is actually really good -- remember, you didn't gain the weight overnight, you aren't going to lose it overnight either.

One of the reasons we all sign up for WW is the flexibility it allows us. I, too, eat pasta and PB and chocolate along with pizza and hamburgers and french fries and have still lost weight. Food is only "bad" if you treat it that way. There's no such thing as "shouldn't have" on WW. We join this program because we know we can still eat the things we ate before, WW just teaches us moderation (versus deprivation).
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Tudor-I think if you're losing a pound a week that's great!

I think that everyone's different and you have to experiment with that works for you. For example, I only use my weekly points for special occassions. I never dip into them during the week otherwise I wont lose. But I still eat pretty well. I also can earn anywhere from 15-20 activity points as well.

You can always readjust your points -I know WW gives you that option. But I say play around with what you're eating and see if that helps. But regardless-I think you've done a great job!
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

30 lbs in 3 months is AWESOME!!! If you lost more than that in the same amount of time, some would say you are losing too fast and could be shedding muscle.

And I also use the extra points - not every week like you do, but then again, I'm not nursing and I didn't just have a baby so my hormones are at a different place than yours. The things I allow myself to have aren't "bad" foods unless I eat them and eat them and eat them and never stop. Moderation is key and it seems like you are doing well with that because you aren't going over your point limits.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote