Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Before:201 Now:178 Goal: 150

Height: 5'1

Default Juicing

Does anyone here at 3fatchicks do juicing? I'm thinking of starting, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had success with it, and how they count points(plus) for juicing.
VarsityQuidditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I did a juice cleanse for about a week, i lost about 6 lbs. I felt alot better but it did come back after stopping and eating regular food. As for points, i did 100% juice and calculated from the nutritional info per however many oz. i drank and stayed within my pts.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I do not do juicing, but the way to count points for a smoothie or the like would be fairly simple.

You simply add the points up for the individual items used to create the glass of juice.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I do not do juicing, but the way to count points for a smoothie or the like would be fairly simple.

You simply add the points up for the individual items used to create the glass of juice.
I thought juice is different points that actually fruit. So if you use the juice of 2 oranges, it's not 0 PP....right?
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
I thought juice is different points that actually fruit. So if you use the juice of 2 oranges, it's not 0 PP....right?
I suppose it then depends on whether we're just talking about juice or an actual smoothie that is blended whole fruit.

You're right, though, if the OP is just squeezing the juice out of a couple of oranges, there would be more points involved. Even 100% Fruit Juice has Points. Only the fruit itself as a whole object is zero Points.

Squeezing the juice out of fruit would have to be counted as, for example, a half cup of orange juice... NOT an orange.

Whereas, putting a banana and berries into a glass and then blending them whole with yogurt -- the banana & berries could be counted as zero Points since they were going in whole and are being eaten whole (just smoothed out).

That's what I was trying to say. I hope that's a little clearer!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #6  

If your using actual fruit it's 0 pts plus. It's as if eating the fruit itself.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

lol this thread confuses me :P BUT... i have to say that you have to have some SERIOUS willpower to stick to a juice only week. My goodness, id go crazy.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  

WW in no way condons juicing - how unhealthy to remove nutrition from your food before drinking it. Also all calories would have to be counted because only fruits and vegetables in their natural uncombined state are 0 points. You need to learn to eat real food to be successful - or are you going to juice the rest of your life?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

It's my understanding that fruits' only 0 if you're eating it in it's whole state due to the fiber. If you remove the fiber, then you're only ingesting the sugars of the fruit and so you have to count points. I make "Green Monster" smoothies out of a frozen banana, a few berries, a handful of spinach, 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt, and a bit of water to loosen it up- total of 1 point. I also add 1 tbsn peanut butter for protein, it makes it a bit creamier- brings the total points up to 4.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #10  

I like to juice each morning as a way to get vitamins & minerals. I feel that is much more healthy than taking a multi-vitamin that is God knows how old and crammed with fillers. I also think it's worth the points.

Juicing has also helped DH go from getting NO fruit/veg nutrition to plenty.

I save the pulp for use in soups, salsa, pasta sauce, baked goods, etc. It freezes beautifully.
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #11  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Sorry for the late post to this thread, I just joined WW a few days ago. I juice all the time and its my snack of choice. My WW leader says it may be to dense. What does that mean? its better than canned peas and fruit roll ups.

my normal smoothie

6 cups of spinach or kale
2 whole cucumbers
1 stock of celery
6 whole carrots
2 whole apples
1 large orange
1/2 lemon

throw all in my juicer, makes 4 cups and I'm good for the day with my fruits and veggies.

Am I doing something wrong?

Karen
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #12  
sarah

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5'6"

Karen, that sounds delish. Do you just put everything in whole? ie, apple, lemon, etc? I'm new to juicing.
mini me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #13  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Mini, yes i just throw it all in my juicer Another good juice is just carrots and an apple, its so refreshing in the hot summer. I also blended some watermelon in my magic bullet, which is a blessing for morning smoothies.
I love juicing anything I can think of at the time.

Karen
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #14  
sarah

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5'6"

I am going to buy me a juicer this weekend. I've been buying the Naked drinks (not sure if you're familiar with those). I would rather make fresh juice for me and the kids. Thanks for the info.
mini me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #15  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karepie View Post
throw all in my juicer, makes 4 cups and I'm good for the day with my fruits and veggies.
If you're actually juicing (versus blending and making a smoothie) make sure you're counting the points. Fruit stops being free if it's in juice form.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote