Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW MM CHALLENGE! JULY & AUGUST - Goal Setting & Week 1! - All Are Welcome ^^

to the WW MM Challenge! Goal Setting & Week 1!

It's going to be a HOT summer , so let's keep COOL by being healthier !

This challenge is beginning July 2nd, and a Final Update thread will be posted September 2nd.

Rules: Easy as a small slice of pie (as long as you track it! )!

Pick a goal, any goal, and post it here! Pick many goals if you wish! They don't have to be weight-related, but they certainly can be. Whatever healthy goals you make, they're all good. Anything to take steps over the next two months towards a healthier you.

A new thread will be posted each Monday for the new week. Simply update everyone on how you're doing at any point that week, or even every day! Whatever helps you achieve your goals. Keep accountable, and keep coming back

This is a very loose challenge. Not everyone weighs in on the same day, nor will we all have the same goals. Don't worry about doing things exactly as someone else, just join in to talk about how you're doing, and encourage others!

The last week there will be a final update thread.

So... JOIN IN! Yes, YOU! Post a goal! We want to see you reach it

----
For those who are interested, some of our challenge members enjoy tracking their weigh-ins on a spreadsheet. It is completely optional.

Here's the Link to the July/August Spreadsheet!

If you've never used the sheet before, Please see the attached thumbnail below for instructions on how to use the spreadsheet properly

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WWMMCHALLENGESPREADSHEET.jpg (34.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Lovely; 07-02-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Whew. Summer. Hot, hot summer.

I have a lot of work to do. I want to be healthier overall by the end of August. Let's see... Goals!

1 - A healthy mentality. One day at a time. One moment at a time. One action at a time. This list of things will keep me in control, and keep me positive.

2 - Walks! Movement! Something small every day at the very least. I'm not going to stop myself from doing more. I enjoy my walks. They keep me moving, and they keep me from sitting the whole day.

3 - More. Vegetables and fruits. Always. (Love 'em, and lots of my favorites are now in season! Bonus!)

4 - Watch portions. Sure, it's nice to eat a salad, but I don't need to eat a family sized bowl.

5 - ACCOUNTABILITY. I know I can't do this on my own. Been there. Tried that. Many times. Oh, when will I learn ?

Can't wait to keep everyone updated, and to cheer everyone on!

Let's DO this thing!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #3  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Okay, so I am a little depressed because it is time to set a goal AGAIN!!! Aaargh! I had several pounds off just a couple of years ago, but they have slowly been creeping back on. I found this website to be the most helpful and encouraging. So...here we go:

1. Start being accountable - That means No MORE EXCUSES! Too bad that there's a party this weekend, or camping, or boating or any of the other 100 reasons that I have been saying "I'll start next week." Time to put an end to the craziness.

2. Stick to the points!!!

3. Don't let friends and family discourage me, ....or encourage me into eating just that one piece of desert, or stop and have just a couple of beers....etc.

Overall goal is to have that first 5% off by Sept. 2 that's 9 lbs...less than a pound a week. Totally doable!

Looking forward to the support and the challenge. I'm doing the Weight Watchers online points plus.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hey, boatingmommy! I am close to your stated location as well.

I'm in! I totally need this especially now that I'm somewhat closer to goal.

1. Stay within my points (I have no excuses since I am doing it wendie plan style.)
2. Accountability- Track EVERYTHING including alcohol, desserts and etc.

My ultimate goal for this challenge is to get to 166lbs which will get me into the overweight category from obese. I know 13lbs in 9 weeks can be asking for a lot but hey, can't hurt to try?

Thanks for setting this up, Lovely!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Yay another challenge! The last challenge was not so good for me. But I am still happy that I lost 4 lbs. At least I lost something right? The first month of the challenge was ok because I did good in everything. Tracking, working out and eat right. But comes June. My bday month and vacation month so what do I excpect a rise in the scale And for that did not reach my goal!

NOW is the time again! Ok here it goes
- Get back on track (which I started saturday). So far so good
- Drink lots of water and lessen my junk food intake (Maybe I can eat a little like once/twice in a month of junk food~portion control and track! OR give it all up??)
- Loose 1-2 lbs per week (I hope!!!!)

This time I will try harder to reach my goal at the final wi. So good luck to me and to all of us! We can do this guys!

Last edited by myfavisblue; 07-02-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #6  
Workin for a New ankle

S/C/G: 256.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Ok, I am in.

1. Make it through sisters wedding festivities without going crazy on food and drink this week!

2. Get some form of exercise daily...

3. Drink more water! Minimum of 48 oz... This is hard for me to pull off!

4. Eat veggies from garden every day!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #7  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffyamiyumifan View Post

4. Eat veggies from garden every day!
I have always wanted to grow my own vegetables. Maybe one day after I move in my house at the end of this month.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I've been slacking and this will hopefully get me back on plan and back on track!!!

Goals:

1) GET OUT OF THE 170's!!! I was stuck around 173 for the longest time and now I'm up to 178 and sticking around. I worked too hard to get myself into the 170's that I'm not happy being as close to 180 as I am. I just want to see 169.9 and I'd be happy!!!

2) Track, track, track!!! I have no problem inputting my information into my calorie counting website profile that I have, but you would think that would make it easier to track on etools, but not so much.

3) Cut back on the treats (sugar, candy, etc). I've been out of control with the sugar lately and I'm sure that has a lot to do with the spike on the scale.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #9  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 227/156/149

Height: 5'7"

I really like how everyone seems to incorporate 'accountability' into her goals. So let's make it one of mine, too.

1. Be more accountable to my points and to my tracking
2. Six glasses of water every day (not such a problem in this weather)
3. Go to meetings - my leaders are not so great and the camaraderie amongst the members is!
4. Stick w this message forum - I drift in and out and am so much stronger when I check in w you all.

Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys! So glad to see you all join in Loving the goals.

I know today is going to be a challenge day for some. Anyone have their plans ready for cookouts?

I'm lucky in that I have a day at home, but I think I can turn it into a cleaning day instead of just a "lay about" day. Hey, it might not be a lot, but it's more movement.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Lovely for posting another challenge

Ok this has got to be my best one since last one I actually gained--yikes
The end of this one will mark my one year anniversary back on ww so I really want to hit his goal. 8.6 pounds is so doable but for me it is like climbing Mt. Everest.

Ok -- as stated above track track track....no skipping even track all the BLT'S
Watch the alcohol intake!
Water never a problem
Veggies never a problem especially this time of year
Gym or home dvd's 5 days a week min 60 minutes per workout

Ok I think that got it
Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
8.6 pounds is so doable but for me it is like climbing Mt. Everest.
Climb! You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #13  

Hey, sorry ...I thought that I had subscribed to this thread...but guess I must have missed something.

I have been totally on plan the past three days. Our Fourth was a bit of a bust because of the heat wave we are having here. But I did manage to go to Hooters with the family yesterday and had a grilled chicken salad with no croutons, and light dressing on the side. Yippee!!! I hate going out to eat while tracking points because it's hard to guess, but yesterday was easy. I even got to have two Miller 64s. Weekend beer is my biggest downfall. But I am going to track EVERYTHING and will definitely have to limit myself to stay within points.

I am on lunch and getting ready to go and do the Turbo Jam - Cardio 1 video. Hope all of you are staying on program. Stay cool for those of you experiencing the horrible heat!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #14  
I got this

Way too many food and beer yesterday! Good thing I decided to switch out today's usual splurge day (38 to 40 points) for yesterday so I don't think I did TOO badly, just going to maintain instead of losing/gaining.

Hope everyone had fun yesterday!! It was okay for us yesterday but no fireworks since it was too dry and hot here and if anyone was caught, $1000 fine! O_o Taking it easy today with points and downing water a bit more than usual.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #15  

Yay!! It's Friday!!! Now comes the tough couple of days of the week. I do so well during the week, then the weekend comes. Time for me to be strong! Goal for today and weekend...extra light beer only - Miller 64. STAY WITHIN POINTS!!! All our friends are casual drinkers (sometime weekend bingers) and it's hard not to just break out the beer and junk food when we are together. But I am going to try double hard not to fall into that trap. Wish me luck! And I hope everyone else has a really great Friday!
Closed Thread