Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 10:26 PM   #31  
That's HOW many points??

Talking Leader Confirmed!

I've missed most of my June meetings due to other obligations, but tonight I asked my leader how that June meeting went. This was the meeting where all the leaders hear about the new plan. I only expected her to "wink" if what I posted was correct. She flat out TOLD me it was dead on. She even said they all had to sign a confidentiality agreement, which they've never had to do before. She laughed and told them that a MEMBER gave her the information before THEY did! So what you see in my previous post is it and it happens to be ALL I know about the new plan.....sorry I can't answer the question about the activity points.

She also said that the new plan starts in August.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #32  

that is ok. I don't count them anyways. Just nosy!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #33  

Doing my WW at home, I dont get the updates but I did see this on BCB and another website. Ive also heard of someone getting fired for spilling the beans.

Really, I cant wrap my mind around something like this being so topsecret..THe change will take place wether or not ppl already know about it. Heck they may make more money by sharing some juicy tidbits to get people excited instead of trying to put such a lid on it. anyway...

anyway, What Im doing works for me so Ill probably stick to it. Change in the plan forthcoming or not. Funny thing iS, we eat out on saturday nights so I have a point target of 23 daily ANYWAY and bank the rest for my 10extra come saturday =)

Points stay same, how you use them differs but I know others like me who work it the same way as myself. One thing I love about this is I can work it however it benefits me most. The proposed changes are just to stir things up and make it fresh which is fine...=) they gotta stay in biz too
Old 07-05-2003, 06:33 PM   #34  

Your so right there. if they did not get things like this going and changes there would be no new members. as everyone in it is giving out and getting for non members. so changes have to be mad.. what the fuss so ... they are in it to make money... just my thoughts now.. LaDean
Old 07-11-2003, 04:59 PM   #35  
Thin Within

Sounds to me like WW may have taken a page out of the Wendie Plan. Go WW if you have done that for the WP version of WW does work.

As far as subtracting your points instead of adding them a gal has to do what works for her. I make my own journal pages with the amount of points at the top I am alotted for the day and subtract from there anyway. That works for me.

My week looks like this:
THURSDAY 18 points (I use my weigh day as my first day)
FRIDAY 24 points
Saturday 19 points
Sunday 32-35 points
Monday18 points
Tuesday 25 points
Wednesday 23 points

This is using the WW spread of the bottom two points levels ~ 18-24. At my current weight I can't lose with the WW perscribed 29-34 points a day. I had to drop to the bottom two levels to make up my up and down week. It works for me.

It will be interesting to see what WW does have in their new program.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #36  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi all!

I just rejoined WW at the end of May and am enjoying it with a renewed vigor and sense of purpose.

I guess WW doesn't want to release details since they are a business, as someone pointed out in a previous post, and they also probably don't want everyone rushing into anything before they know all the details.

I think it is great that they are making changes and improvements to the plan and am looking forward to the new program in September

Supposedly there is a new cookbook going to be available at the meetings to that was only previously available to members on a specific plan not sure if it was a special payment plan or you had to be a lifer or what ). I saw the book at one of my meetings but we weren't allowed to purchase it yet - it looked really good!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:31 AM   #37  

Apparently the cookbook I was talking about will be available for sale in August or September
Old 07-15-2003, 01:12 PM   #38  

It's their 40th Anniversary that they are unveiling the new plan for. I imagine they get a little annoyed, and rightly so, with all the information that gets passed around for free. Unfortunately, people say they are on WW and have never been to a meeting or paid for any materials, are not doing the program correctly and bad mouthing them because "it doesn't work."
Old 07-16-2003, 08:08 AM   #39  

Yeah, I saw a post where someone said the only thing they lost on WW was their money. Every person I have talked to that went on the program lost, and if they didn't or lost and gained back they admitted it was because they stopped going to meetings or stopped following the program or did it in a half-way manner and did not exercise.

I think some people think it will be a miracle cure that will make them lose overnight but like all good things it takes work, commitment and being in for the long haul not just a quick fix.

This is my second time on it- I lost the first time but had to stop going due to a change in my work place and time schedule and after that I just stopped the program altogether. And of course gained back since I slid into my old eating habits and stopped exercising -it was my own fault!

I am back OP with a more committed attitude this time and I am doing well
Old 07-25-2003, 12:47 AM   #40  

I hope this is the LAST time they change the plan for years to come. I mean, first it was 1-2-3 success, then winning points and now this flex plan....for goodness sake, why are they changing all of the time?

Actually, I have had MORE results with the original 1-2-3 success plan than the newer version. It works great for me.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:28 PM   #41  

Just a quick question (am veteran lurker emerging from the shadows)--doesn't the Wendie Plan sound a whole lot (in principle) like the Rotation Diet of the 80's? Remember where you ate a lot one week then not so much the next. This was quite the rage for awhile. I think people got put off by the time frame where you didn't get to eat much at all. Just wondering if anyone else saw the similarity in the format of these eating plans.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:33 PM   #42  
Thin Within

I am not too sure how that 80's Rotation Diet worked but if it rotated low one week and high the next then it was a bit different than the Wendie Plan which rotates day by day. I guess therein would lie the similarity though. The Wendie Plan uses the WW Points systems and works quite well. Works for me.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #43  
Running Babe

Just a quick question... I am a lifetime member a little over goal, so I will be paying for meetings... Will I be able to get the new materials? I would like to be able to since I think it would be fun to start the new program and lose these 15lbs I keep recycling (I have been eating badly and I take full responsibility for it).

Take care!

Ali
Old 08-14-2003, 11:23 PM   #44  

Yep. you'll get the new program too.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:19 PM   #45  

Default New Plan

I was at WW yesterday and our leader (who is very good), stated over and over, and over again, that we all had to show up next Thursday for our meeting as there was going to be a BIG announcement. She said it was very exciting and that we would all love it. She said she was unable to talk about it any more as she had signed a form with WW that she wouldn't reveal the details till then. Something is up. A revised Point system would make sense. What else could it be? I'm in the eastern area of Ontario if that makes a difference. Cheers!
Closed Thread