Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/179/140

Height: 5'3

Default Point use question- Help me!!

I just started WW Monday and things have been going well until I worked last night!! I'm a nurse and work 3 nights a week, points start over at Midnight. That said, there are times when I will have to spread points over a 24 hour period instead of the "usual" 12 hour day. Does that makes scene????
I'm just confused as to how and worried I wont be able to make points stretch over that long of a perio
d!
Thanks in advance for the help
bamafarmchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #2  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I also had your problem! I'm also a 3-night a week nurse and from what I've managed to figure out is that the nights that I work are the times when I actually have no problem staying within my points. I completely understand what you're asking about the 'stretching points over 24 hours' thing, but since we're asleep during the day most of the time, I think that's what helped me out in figuring out that part. This is what I used to do:

From midnight to about 8 am, I'll probably have two - three 'small meals', which usually consists of bars or shakes (whatever is most convenient for me at work). Then I'll be asleep from lets say 8am to about 2-3 pm and since I start getting ready for work at 5pm then I only have time to have one good meal. When I'm at work, I don't have any time to even think about eating between the hours of 7pm and 11pm, so then I'd be able to get in about one more small meal (if I'm lucky) before midnight hits.

Then of course the times when I'd get home from work in the morning and wouldn't have to go back in that night would just mean that once I wake up at about 3 in the afternoon, I can eat maybe about 2 or 3 more meals and I'd be fine. This of course was when I'd make it a point to eat something at least every 2-3 hours. The trick was finding low point stuff that I could eat and keep me within my range (that's where the bars and shakes came in).

Of course I say this is all what I used to do because, well, I have a hard time sticking to anything and started eating a bunch of crap again whenever I wanted lol I'm just telling you what would work for me when I was losing on WW.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

There's no rule saying your points have to roll over at midnight. Maybe it would be easier to roll over when you wake up? Or something else entirely? Do whatever works for you!
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #4  

Virgochic- Your schedule sounds EXACTLY like mine lol. I haven't yet tried any shakes but I will add it to the ever growing list of foods I need! I'm a big snacker at work so the bars might help also . Thank you for the helpful suggestions!

Wickedlady- The point thing on the online WW site automatically changes at midnight. I should have been clearer on that part.

Thanks for the helpful hints ladies!!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #5  

Lots of people use from supper to supper to count their points. Do what works for you. It doesn't have to be midnight, you could switch over at 4am if that works better. or 9am.
angelskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #6  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafarmchic View Post
Virgochic- Your schedule sounds EXACTLY like mine lol. I haven't yet tried any shakes but I will add it to the ever growing list of foods I need! I'm a big snacker at work so the bars might help also . Thank you for the helpful suggestions!

Wickedlady- The point thing on the online WW site automatically changes at midnight. I should have been clearer on that part.

Thanks for the helpful hints ladies!!
I was told, but have not tried this that you can go into settings if you are using the WW online program and change how the meals come up on the daily tracker. For instance it starts with lunch or dinner instead of breakfast...perhaps you can set the time that the numbers roll over and reset also. Worth a search.
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #7  

Sallannnb- I will look inot that! Thanks