Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #1  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default question about the extra 49 points.

I used some of or a lot of the extra 49 points over the Easter Weekend. Now I am wondering if it would be wise to cut back a few days here and there and gain some of them back, not to use again...lol. But I am feeling bloated, big, not on a downward run this week. I actually got on the scales at home and I am showing anywhere from a 2 to 3 pound gain. I have been down every week, and this is really messing with my mind. What do you all do when you dip into the 49 extra, any advice?
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #2  
I think I can...

I'm new to WW and this was the 1st time I used some of the extra points. I have just increased my water and am limiting my carbs for a few days. Are you sure the extra weight you're seeing isn't from sodium, water weight? I only weigh on weigh in days for that very reason. Whatever I gained over Easter (if anything) will be gone by next week.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyannb View Post
I actually got on the scales at home and I am showing anywhere from a 2 to 3 pound gain.
Your weight naturally fluctuates throughout the week, even by a few pounds. So, honestly, try not to let it stress you out (I only weigh in on my official day because otherwise it totally screws with my head). If it makes you feel more in control, then I would recommend just eating your dailies and staying away from the rest of the weeklies for the rest of the week.

Weeklies are something each person has to figure out for themselves. Some people can eat all of theirs, some can't eat any. It takes a bit of experimentation to figure out what works best for you
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

It can also depend on how you spent those extra 49... Was it on cake, alcohol, cream sauces, pastas and salty peanuts? Or on the typical things you are eating now?

If it is the former, it may be water weight and bloating and you may lose it all in the next week. My trip to New Orleans in February proved to add 4 lbs in one weekend. But within 2 weeks of GHG, eating inyo Activity Points only - it was all gone
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #5  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

you are all right, when you say I should stay off the scales...one of my little problems...I have many..lol. Ok I am going to sit here and drink my water and stay OP for the rest of the week, and see how things work out. BTW my extra points were eaten with a turkey dinner, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes. I did have about 2 servings of potato chips. No deserts, stuff like that. Thanks for the feedback
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyannb View Post
I used some of or a lot of the extra 49 points over the Easter Weekend. Now I am wondering if it would be wise to cut back a few days here and there and gain some of them back, not to use again...lol. But I am feeling bloated, big, not on a downward run this week. I actually got on the scales at home and I am showing anywhere from a 2 to 3 pound gain. I have been down every week, and this is really messing with my mind. What do you all do when you dip into the 49 extra, any advice?
Don't look at the weekly points as extra. They are a part of the program and we get them to use however we want, if we want. They are not punishment and you should not eat less than your dailies in order to try to make up for using weeklies or even if you go over your weeklies.

As for showing a gain, your weight is going to fluctuate from day to day and if you ate a lot of stuff high in sodium, then in all likelihood, you're retaining water from that. Stay off the scale unless it's your actual weigh in day if you can't handle the fluctuations.

Otherwise, eat all your daily points, every day, and maybe drink some extra water. There's no reason to do anything differently just because you used weekly points.

In fact, I am of the mind that you should use as many weeklies as possible - it makes the plan more liveable and maintaining will be easier once you hit goal. I made a point of using all my weeklies, every week, while I lost and managed to hit goal that way.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Whenever I have a high point eating day, I like to trim down the next few days eating close to my minimum pts. It helps to lose the water weight & 'bit of extra' from that high day.
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Same thing for me this week. It wasn't Easter, it was earlier this week. I'm up 2 lbs., hoping it's pre-TOM or salt. I still have 24 weeklies but feel guilty that i gained, i've been losing each week as well. I agree with the others, stick with the water!

I had to play around with my weeklies for a few weeks to see what worked. Turns out if i eat half i'm ok as i'm not active at the moment!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/133.3/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessper17 View Post

In fact, I am of the mind that you should use as many weeklies as possible - it makes the plan more liveable and maintaining will be easier once you hit goal. I made a point of using all my weeklies, every week, while I lost and managed to hit goal that way.
Just wanted to say I LOVE the way you put that^^^!! Since I am getting closer to my goal I want to make sure I really can make this a lifestyle change to maintain. I run or do a spin class everyday and get about 10-12 activity pts a day. So recently I try to make sure I use at least 5 of those points every day. I think its important to realize "Ok is this how I would do things if I wasnt on a "diet"??" If that makes sense...?? lol
onelove0427 is offline   Reply With Quote