Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 09:59 PM   #1  

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knows the name of the ww program
from 90 until they started the points. I know in 96 it was the freedom plan. WW has had
so many plans and i can;t remember them all.

if anyone out there can help i would appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2001, 10:09 PM   #2  

Could it have been the "Quick Start Plus Program"? I have a book that has copyright date of 1986 and it states that this is their newest program. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #3  

There was also the fat and fiber program. when I was on that (which was about 5 years ago) I think there were 2 others to choose from at the same time.
Old 03-05-2001, 11:25 AM   #4  

I started on a program called "Smart Start" in 1996. That was offered along with the "Fat & Fiber Plan" after you did the first week or so of Smart Start (I think that's how it went). Then they introduced the "Freedom Plan" which allowed you to eat less during the week and then have one splurge per day on the weekends. (They considered it as if you were taking the weekends "off", but you could never really get away with that.) The "Fat and Fiber Plan" was also offered as an option along with this plan. The unique thing about the Freedom plan was that fruits were considered "free foods" I think that was one of the plan's ultimate "down falls".

I'm not sure, but I think that there was also a "New Freedom Plan" or some sort of refinement of the plan. The next plan was the original points plan (I don't recall the name). I think that was either late 1998 or ealry 1999, but I'm not too sure about this since I've been on maintenance since April 1996.

Hope part of this post helps you find the info that you were seeking

Jane
Closed Thread