Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/Tracker/140

Height: 5'6

Default Funny NSV

Bear with me, this will be sorta long.

So, today I got home and pulled my car in the driveway. Got my stuff together, opened the car door, and was face-to-face with a wasp. Nope! I slammed that door shut and sat there for a minute hoping it was going to fly off. It just sat there, at the point where the edge of the car door meets the frame, near the keyhole. There's no way I'm getting out of the car with that thing there. Then, my DH pulls up. I'm thinking "Oh, good! He'll fix this!" Nope again! He tells me to drive around the block and it will come off.

So, around the block I go. Get back in the driveway, and it's still there. DH threw a paint roller (just the cover) at the wasp and it's wings flap up. He tells me to drive around again now that it's wings are out.

So, around the block again I go. I can see it in the side view mirror. It's wings fluttered once, then that little jerk *turned around* and put his butt in the crack between the door and the frame. I panic, whip in along the curb in front of the house, slam the car in park, climb over the center console, grab my stuff, and make a break for it out the passenger door. I didn't stop running until I got inside.

The point of this long story? There's no way in heck I would have been able to get over that console 40 something pounds ago. I drive a 2001 Chevy Cavalier - they're tiny and 2-door! Yay, me!

Oh, and per DH, the wasp is gone. I'm still making him put together some traps, just in case!
mollymeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
There's no way in heck I would have been able to get over that console 40 something pounds ago. I drive a 2001 Chevy Cavalier - they're tiny and 2-door! Yay, me!
WTG!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-21-2012 at 07:25 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Awesome! That's a really great escape!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I am still laughing and it is a great story