Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #16  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I don't know what happened but yesterday I just could not eat enough. I did great at breakfast and lunch and then a co-worker bought everyone a wendys jr frosty, KNOWING we are all trying to lose. So I had that and counted it. I figured I would just be good the rest of the night but I had dinner and then I made a fruit and spinach smoothie and then I ate a smart ones cookie dough thing and then I a cheese stick and hummus. It was never ending

I did get in my workout but that got interrupted twice by the phone. Yesterday was just NOT a good day for me.

Last edited by Tonyia; 03-21-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyia View Post
I don't know what happened but yesterday I just could not eat enough. I did great at breakfast and lunch and then a co-worker bought everyone a wendys jr frosty, KNOWING we are all trying to lose. So I had that and counted it. I figured I would just be good the rest of the night but I had dinner and then I made a fruit and spinach smoothie and then I ate a smart ones cookie dough thing and then I a cheese stick and hummus. It was never ending
Hang in there we have all had days like that were the satisfaction well just can not be filled! I know I had a weekend like that--hence a gain of 2lbs on weigh in. Just remember it will go away. I have noticed with me that I tend to be not satisfied when I have eaten processed foods and what I call the empty calories I just keep going back for more instead of stopping and eating something like a protien and a glass of lemon water.

Well made it to the gym last night did 30 min on the elliptical and felt so good I did another 30...crazy lol

The down side today is I did not have any good choices to bring with me for lunch so I will have to have some canned progresso soup..ugg the sodium! So will be pushing the water today
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I need to make a resolve (quasi-publicly ) to stay away from the peanut butter!!!! It's really doing a number on my weekly points allowance. This means when I make my son's lunch, I will not lick the spoon! I will not walk by and take a spoonful out of the jar, I will not take a bite of my husband's daily peanut butter sandwich. My whole family are peanut butter addicts, even my 18 month old daughter!

Ok. I'm done. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #19  
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
I need to make a resolve (quasi-publicly ) to stay away from the peanut butter!!!! It's really doing a number on my weekly points allowance.
XLMuffnTop I spotted this great stuff called Biscoff Spread it is a bit sweeter than peanut butter but....it only has 2pts per Tablespoon

Well yesterday I really loaded up on water (14 glasses) and off to a good start today. It did make a bit of differnce on the scale this morning so I hope by Monday I will finally see a loss instead of a gain like last week.

I have been doing some reading and just about convinced myself I really need to incorporate some serious weight training in my exercise routine so as my body gets smaller it does not show as much loose skin. I keep reading of people who have had some amazing results just by incorporating some heavy weights. That is my goal for the month of April to get a weight routine and stick to it for a month and see what happens

yikes I am long winded today
Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #20  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
I need to make a resolve (quasi-publicly ) to stay away from the peanut butter!!!!
Oh, man, I hear ya. During TOM is the worst, I will get that jar and not even bother with a spoon. I'll just dig it out with my index finger

I do like it on my carmel corn rice cakes, but I'm very very careful in measuring out exactly 1 or 2 teaspoons.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #21  

Nancy - I was just looking up weight sets online to do the same thing! DH said last night he'd train with me and somethings I'd prefer a spotter for. Well, we can't both go to a gym and leave the kids (4 and 18 months) home alone so.... hello investment in weights! I hope it just pulls everything in a little better. I'm not expecting miracles, just some sign of change. Where have you been looking for routines, forms, etc? I purchased the New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Tudor- I almost typed something about a jar of peanut butter and using my fingers as utensils but I refrained thinking I'd be the only one. Glad to know there are other PB addicts!

I just have to refrain from it for a while until I can get a grip on my eating as a whole. Today has been a lot better though. I had a HUGE lunch and it was only about 7 points, maybe 8, gotta check the info on the bread. The big thing was I planned ahead and avoided the overly processed, high sodium frozen crap things.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

XLMuffnTop I just finished reading an e-book titled the Lean Look - burn fat, tone muscles and tranfrom you body in twelve weeks using the secrets of professioal athletes it was pretty good and gave some great routines to follow and then I saw this blog on yahoo on three new exercises to flatten you belly
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/trai...ten-your-belly

The problem I have with the routines in the ebook is that some of the exercises involve the machines and I am not that good with them so I had to do a bit more digging to find similar moves using just the dumbbells.

I hope this helps you
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

That Biscoff spread is AMAZING!!! I bought some of the other day and eat it with a serving of animal crackers or on rice cakes. The Biscoff cookies were always the best part of Delta flights
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #24  

Hi! I'm Denise. Just joined WW meetings last week. I've been doing WW on and off in some form for the last 18 yrs. Down 5 lbs this week and I'm thinking it probably isn't water since I've been drinking 10-12 glasses a day for the last year...I suppose it could be but either way I'm happy and feel better. Looking foreward to getting to know you all!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #25  
Work in Progress

Well it looks like we are finally going to have a dry day today...so yeah!

I hopped on the scale this morning as usual and it is moving down I just hope it stays that way until Monday. I have really been pushing the water this week drinking 12-15 glasses a day and have made it to the gym 3 days so far and plan to go tonight so I will have 4 days in this week.

Tomorrow I am going to be cooking a 15lb turkey LOL my DH loves turkey and so when they go on sale around the holidays I always buy an extra one to cook for him for his birthday. Well for some reason we missed his birthday in Feb so I am making up for it now.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #26  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

This week seems like it's been going well so far. I weighed in this morning and I've lost over a pound since my weigh in.

Trying to be really good this week, but I'll be traveling and we all know how that can be. I'm going to my aunt's house outside of Savannah on Monday afternoon and not coming back until Friday morning and she cooks everything with a stick of butter. Going to have to really limit my portions. However, she has a pool and lives in the middle of nowhere (about 30 mins from Savannah) so I'm going to swim and go jogging in the woods!
I fully plan on walking around Savannah for an entire day and getting some great photographs.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #27  

I liked Savannah when I visited as a teen. Gorgeous city and River Street was fun although touristy. I think I was just amazed at all the green given I live in a desert!

I know know how many of you have seen or remember the lunch scene in the Breakfast Club where Emilio Esteves pulls out this huge lunch and everyone's in awe. That's what I feel like because I have such a large amount of low cal healthy stuff. I pull out a light wrap, bag of carrots, cherry tomatoes and a banana. Everyone's walking around with like, a donut, burger, pizza or even ramen. I'm sure they don't even notice but it makes me LOL all the same.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #28  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I love Savannah, it's one of my favorite cities. There's so much amazing architecture. I'm not crazy about River Street, never have been though, like you said, it's touristy.
I emailed Moon River to see if I could go upstairs and downstairs to photograph the old decrepit-ness.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #29  

Call me weird but I like creepy and macabre. My BIL's photography sometimes gets that way, as does one of DH's good friends' artwork.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

well back from vegas... i forgot to take my diuretic pill yesterday. This morning my weight is up almost 8lbs and it is weigh in day. So... i have no idea if that is all weight gain, but i feel aweful this morning. Like i can feel the extra gain on my body. UGH. No, i didnt eat well while i was away, but it was almost impossible to. We didnt do any buffets, but we ate in. every time i ordered something i thought was decent... it came laden in sauces and grease etc. This week ill be busting my butt, tracking like a maniac. If that is a true gain... definitely undoes a few months of work.
Closed Thread