Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Losing Ounces per Week!

I first of all want to say, i know a loss is a loss but i've only restarted a month ago and it's annoying for them to say that i've only lost ounces each week. I want a solid lb or 2 for my efforts of tracking EVERY single day since i started up again. I don't go over my weeklies as i know i can't eat all of them and never use my AP. I drink my water everyday. I"m not going to give up as i do feel better overall and what's the alternative? Gaining more!

Looking for tips if this has happened to you. I would think by the age of 37 i would figure my body out
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Try tracking for a few days in Sparkpeople or Daily Plate to see how many calories you are eating, and what your macronutrients are (fat/protein/carbs). You might need to make some adjustments with your food beyond just points.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/184.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi There! I am on WW as well - for my second time. I find that if I use my weekly points, I NEVER lose weight. I lose weight fairly easily if I stick to just using my daily points. I average around 2 lbs per week.

If you go to the WW forum and read alot of the posts there, you will find that other people are the same way. There are several that actually gain weight using their weekly's, so they cut them out totally. You may need to adjust how many of your weekly's you are using. Sounds like your body is trying to tell you something.
samanthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #4  

I am on myfitnesspal and did sample days to see where i was at but i guess i should do a week of tracking both places. I usually only eat half of my weeklies as i know i can't eat all of them. It's just really frustrating to go to the meeting and hear my leader say "you should be able to eat ALL your dailies and ALL your weeklies and STILL lose weight What gives? Not to mention that every Friday i eat like a bird, eating hardly anything with salt and drinking a ton of water.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #5  

Tracking is essential but more essential is weighing and measuring everything because the eye usually gives us more than we think. Do you exercise? How many pounds a week did you gain when you were going up or was it ounces a week? At 37 weight doesn't come off as easy as when we were in our 20s. Are you earning at least 4 exercise points per day? That's the minimum recommended.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Can you post a sample menu?
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #7  
megsmom8816

S/C/G: 185.8/179.8/130

Height: 5'1"

I have been on WW for 5 weeks and I have lost 6.8 lbs. Do I seem like I am on the right track? I gained one week, but I have lost the other weeks. I do have to admit that I take one meal off on my weigh in day that I completely don't count (I know...probably shouldn't, but I do believe in cheating that once as it is something to look forward to all week). Guilty!
megsmom8816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #8  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthat View Post
If you go to the WW forum and read alot of the posts there, you will find that other people are the same way. There are several that actually gain weight using their weekly's, so they cut them out totally. You may need to adjust how many of your weekly's you are using. Sounds like your body is trying to tell you something.
This is definitely not true for everyone and it will vary from person to person. I lost 4 pounds week before last by eating all of my points and 2 pounds the week before that.

If I were you I would try two weeks of eating only your daily then two weeks of eating all of your points. I cycle like that to maximize my weight loss. So far I've lost 43 pounds and most of them have been from eating all of my daily and weekly points.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #9  

I ate most of my weeklies last week and weighed in on Saturday (wasn't even going to weigh in as i didn't feel confident) and LOST 2!!!! Yay!!! I didn't expect it at all, was so happy! I also agree with above, it took ounce by ounce to gain the weight, so i'll take ounce by ounce to get the weight off!!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #10  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
I ate most of my weeklies last week and weighed in on Saturday (wasn't even going to weigh in as i didn't feel confident) and LOST 2!!!! Yay!!! I didn't expect it at all, was so happy! I also agree with above, it took ounce by ounce to gain the weight, so i'll take ounce by ounce to get the weight off!!

Told ya.
Just varies by person if eating your weeklies affects your weight loss negatively or positively. I've never had a gain from eating my weeklies.

Good job!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #11  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
That's fantastic! Congrats on such a great WI. You are already rocking this, sticking with it when it feels tough and discouraging, and weighing in even when you aren't feeling confident.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Congrats on the 2lb loss!!! The ounces also do count up too if you consistently lose! Try to reframe your mindset: as long as it's downward, you are moving in the right direction!

Last week, I lost .8. The week before, I lost .4. Frustrating but that's 1.2 lbs less fat than I had before.
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote