Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Money's tight...Not sure what to do

So, not going into alot of detail, husband and I just lost our only source of income. Needless to say the money situation just got bad. Before this happened, I was job hunting, but taking it slow...looking for something 'perfect'. Of course now I've had to lower my standards a bit and take what I can get. I have a interviews set up for this and next week, so I know I'll be getting something soon.
In the meantime I have to cut back expenses. I love weight watchers, and the meetings have been awesome for me. But the cost is huge. Im not sure what to do. Go for the 3 month online plan? Its like $56 for three months. I'd love to get back to the meetings asap, after I get working. Those of you doing just online....does it work for you? Can I go to meetings like once a month as a drop in? Any other ways I can work it?
Ack!!! Just when I find something I LOVE....and its working for me, something has to screw it up. I could cry.

Last edited by Micki k; 02-23-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Fix a sentence
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/tracker/130

Height: 5'06

What if you track your points like normal and use the forum as a "meeting"? We can encourage you and you can vent or share successes!
Dunediner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I do on line only, and it is working great for me.

Im so sorry that this has happened to you, I totally understand what you mean about having a good thing and then running smack dab into a brick wall. I hope you find something that works for you.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I have had the meetings before and while I absolutely adore them, I am completely fine doing it online by myself. I've actually found I'm doing better online than I was with going to my meetings. (I had to stop because of my financial situation too)
I've actually found that 3FC essentially takes the place of my weekly meetings. I get all the support I need from everyone here!
<3
Hope you find that useful!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone. I think thats what I'll do. Do it online, come here for support, and see how I do. When Im back in a better financial situation I can reevaluate and see if I need to go back to the meetings.
For a few minutes I just contemplated giving up...but thats the easy way out...right?

Thanks again. I love the support here.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Im not positive if they're free, but maybe going to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting would help as a pseudo-meeting until you can go back to WW?
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #7  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Also, it largely depends on your leader and the people that work at your WW. You might be able to sneak into a meeting here and there if they don't say anything. Otherwise, they'll charge you a weekly fee.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I know what no income can do for you...I have not drawn a paycheck or unemployment for over a 1.5 years so meetings have been out of the question ....the support here has helped me just keep tracking on any method that works for you and I think I speak for the chicks her we will support and help you the best we can
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #9  
WW Moderator

I'm sorry things are tight for you right now! I like using WW Online for tracking and recipes and technical info, but I don't like the forums for accountability. They move too fast and it's hard to get a group that you are familiar with. And they have LOTS of groups that say, basically, 'no outsiders'. Here is where I come for friends and support.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I have done WW in the past, and didn't do it this time around because of the cost. Now I do calorie counting using a free tracking program and of course, I couldn't be successful without 3FC! On 3FC you can do any program and get the support you need - including WW. Losing weight doesn't have to cost money - although that's not what commercial programs want you to think!

Also, if you have any friends in real life doing WW, maybe you can form you own little group for weekly face to face meetings? Personally, I find the online 24/7 support of 3FC more than sufficient. Plus, I kind of like being anonymous concerning my weight loss efforts, but that's just me.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/232/150

Height: 5'5"

A friend of mine and her sister invited me to to a combination of WW and Sparks People with them at the sister's home. My friend told me to go to the local WW office and join as if I was going to pay weekly. Then buy the cookbooks from them.Registration fee is waived thru 3/24). What do you get when you initially sign up? I had thought to buy one of the At Home Kits so I'd have the basic tools. I'm not sure which route to go. If I'm tracking on Spark People, do I really need the WW tools? I know I can get some of them on Amazon..
abecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #12  

Yea...I'm not a huge fan of the WW forums. I find it much friendlier and easier to keep up with here.
I've never been to Sparks....can you track your points there?
I really do love the meetings, especially for the accountabilty. Weird, but I look forward to getting up on that scale. I'm going to pay for one more month....and PRAY I find a job in the meantime.
Thanks for all the ideas ladies. You are all AWESOME!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #13  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I really cannot afford it either, so I bought the app for the phone and come here for the support. Cost me 4 bucks...
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #14  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

OH,I wanted to add - no cell phone? good ole' hand journal never failed anyone, look up points of what you eat online. Free....

I am not above paying, but I am notorious for not sticking with anything, so I don't shell out the dough in less I know it is going to stick
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote