WW Weekly Chit Chat: 2/27 - 3/5

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
  • Hi everyone!!! I plan to join in on the fun! My weigh-ins are on Thursdays Happy to meet you all!
  • Hello CutieCourt Welcome!

Hey everyone Wishing you an (early) happy Monday and a good start to all your weeks
  • I did so good this weekend....until nighttime!!! I couldn't help myself and ended up eating a big bag of Reese's Pastel Eggs split between Saturday and Sunday nights. But at least the bag is gone and I can get back into the swing of things. I was away last week on vacation visiting my best friend and even though we ate out pretty much every meal, I managed to make good choices and stayed exactly the same, which I was so excited about

Back into it today and ready to go!!!
  • I only lost .2 this week, but considering all the sugar and chocolate I ate over the weekend (stupid girl scout cookies! stupid reese's peanut butter eggs!) I'll take it. Ugh. Yesterday was the worst, blah. I didn't physically feel sick or anything, it's just looking over my points and realizing how many I just wasted on all of that.

Plus I'm sooooo close to 65 lbs, I'm sure some of that was the weird psychological self sabotage I tend to do around monumental weigh ins. But, I still lost and today is the start of a new week!
  • Still in the early stages of WW so I'm still losing fairly quickly, which I know will level off. Despite that, I'm very excited that I had weigh-in this morning (WW @ home) and I'm down 3 pounds this week! Weekends are a rough time for me food-wise. I'm home all day and just walk in the kitchen and stick my head in the fridge without thinking about it. I tried to be much more conscious of my eating and whether I was hungry or not, which is why I weigh on Mondays.

On a side note, my husband got donuts Saturday morning, ice cream Saturday night, pepperoni pizza, M&Ms and Twix and I didn't have any. I did have pizza but it was thin crust with pesto, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I actually think it was better. I don't know what's happened to my will power but it seems to be in the ON position and I'm not complaining!

I hope everyone has a great start to their week. Happy Monday!
  • I pre-planned for the first time. I usually just plan as I go, but last night we had a big 'family' dinner so I had to get prepared. I knew what everybody was bringing, and yesterday morning I calculated points and measurements. After I had dinner planned, I worked lunch in to the equation. I brought along my own sweet potato to dinner and ICBINB spray. (and a TBSP of splenda brown sugar) I skipped some things (cheesy casserole), and others I had a half cup of, and even worked in a piece of pie. I was really proud of myself! Planning has always been my weak point. I tend to plan on the fly, which is really not smart.

Hi CutieCourt! I weigh on Thursdays, also. Nice to meet you!
  • Insert pathetic sign here....

My drawing instructor is so discouraging I leave class every day feeling worse and worse. After tonights class I want to fall face first in something rich and chocolatey.

I have a semi chocolate three point desserty thing that I will make do because I have a whopping 10 points left for the day. I am so ready for Monday to be over.
  • I weighed in on Sturday and I was down 2.8, that is a big loss for me! I was so proud. I figure if I keep tracking (which I wasnt doing before) and work out 4-5 days a week I will pull be able to get 2.8 again this week which will bring me into the 170's. I havent seen that number in a good 10 years. After that its a pound and a half then im at my 40 pound mark.
    I am getting married in September and wanted to have 50 gone by August so I could do my alertions, if I keep up the way im going I will have 50-60 in no time! Im trying to stay positive and understand my hunger signals. I have really good willpower and I am learning how to say NO, its coming pretty good so far!
    Well hope all you fine ladies and gents have a great week. Look forward to being a part of the group!
  • Hey everyone

I weighed in this morning and had a whooping .1 loss. I'll take it, between being sick, not getting my exercise in like usual and my work dinner last Thursday. I'm good with that.

@tudor - its all good, we're at the same place this week. A non gain is still a victory IMO.
  • Well chickies I so hope I can break this plateau! I tried to do the wendie plan last week...I lasted 4 days then blew it so no wonder since the first week of Jan I have only lost 2.0 pounds.

So I was talking to my DH this morning and told him I have got to take the vino out of the house I do think that is my problem. Even though I am within my points I think that may be the culprit ...so new week

but I do want to share my NSV...don't know if you remember about a month ago I went shopping in my garage in the tub of clothes I had not worn in (dare I say) years. Well this morning I slipped on my first single digit skirt...Mind you it is a bit bigger than normal single digit but it sure has given me a mood boost
  • Tomorrow is the big weigh-in #1! Omg. I am pretty excited about going. I dont think I have ever been this pumped about weight watchers as many times as I have joined. Points plus is great and it helps I could eat spinach and greens with every meal!
    I want to keep the fire burning inside of me through this journey. Glad I have a group of people to experience this journey with.

Tudor - .2 is great! As long as the scale is going down
    Jennifer - Hi & high-five for thursday weigh ins. (It helps keep me going through the weekend (seems to be when Im the worst!)
    Nancy - This may sound like a stupid question but what is a vino?
  • Well my new scale arrived from walmart last night and this morning was my first time steping on it and.....it showed I weighed less than my old scale.. .whoo hoo another mind boost! I need them to get back on tracking and exercise. I have been to the gym 2 days out of 3 so far and will be back tonight.

cutie vino = wine
  • I've started doing the Couch to 5k running plan. My sister told me about it a few months ago, but it wasn't until I started jogging/running on my own recently that I decided to try it. I like it because it helps build you up to running a 5k over a couple of months and only takes 3 times a week.

Right now I'm still on week 1, but I found an app on my phone that I can use that logs my workouts and tells me when to jog and when to walk and I have a mix I use while running. I've started doing it after work so my exercise schedule is turning into Mon: C25k, Wed: C25K, Fri: C25k & Swim, Sat: Yoga. I also like that, if I'm busy on Fridays during the day (I get three day weekends and I sometimes volunteer Friday mornings), I can just move the 3rd C25k day to Sat or Sun!
  • Good for you Tudor!
    I did the C5K several years ago (actually 2.5 years ago) I set a goal to finish a 5K and made it back then..I even went so far to run 4miles then I lost my motivation and quit.

Guess what happened? I gained back all the weight I had lost so hence that is when I started back on here in Sept. This time though I joined a gym and prepaid for a year. I go 4-6 times a week after work and I enjoy it.

Did I mention I figured out why my weight loss has stalled for two month? I have been tracking my food on mfp and instead of plugging in my number in my ww calculator I was just going by the calorie intake--big mistake--I was overeating my points by almost 10 a day! So now after each entry I calculate my points and make a note of how many I have eaten that day, what a difference