Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269.2/269.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Need some motivation...encouragement!

I just need a bit of encouragement!

I joined WW on Monday, February 6th and weighed in at 269.2 with clothes on, shoes off.

I decided that Saturdays would be the easiest and best time for me to get to a meeting and to do my weigh ins, so I have my first "official" WW since starting WW aside from my initial weigh in. I'm nervous and anxious. I feel like I did well in the last two weeks following the plan, tracking EVERYTHING (even when I didn't want too, I was true to the plan and tracked). Last weekend was a bit hard because it was my birthday so when I went out to eat with my family on Saturday, I counted that as the day to use all my weekly points since I had all 49 left. On Sunday the 12th - my actual birthday - my b/f wanted to take me out again and we ended up at Chili's where I didn't make the best choices. I was over my daily points but had weeklies to use which I did.

The rest of the week went well. I felt great, I felt motivated and today just sucked! Not because I didn't track or follow the plan but just kind of down. Nervous/anxious about not losing and getting discouraged, but also because my co-workers like to go out to eat on Fridays as a group. I don't want to be that co-worker that can't go out to eat because she's on WW or has to convince people to go to "healthier" places because I'm on WW. We went to a Mexican restaurant where I got a beef enchilada, mexican rice and a beef taco (that i didnt eat the shell) and tracked using the dining out guide for mexican type foods. This isn't what upset me but when I got home and was explaining to the b/f how I felt about eating out and feeling guilty for doing so and feeling like I can't enjoy my co-workers outtings because I'm worried I'll set myself back if I go out, was really hard for me!

So, I just need some encouragement. I know it'll take some time to get use too the plan and take time to change my frame of mind, as I've been eating the way I have for years and years. I get that, but it doesn't mean it isn't easy.

I've done well the last couple of days getting in most of my 42pts if not all. I hope next week will be better but I'll be traveling on Monday as well as Friday. Monday to a town 2 hours each way and then Friday to a town 3.5 hours each way - I do this for my job, so I need some suggestions for eating that day since I won't be int he office to sit down and eat my meals and I definitely don't want to get fast food!
palmettostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well it does sound like you have some chalenges to work out. But the fact you are not mindlessly eating and are tracking everything shows the motivation and will to change. This is a journey things are not going to change overnight....so step back and look at the big picture....where do you see yourself in 1 year? 6 months?

As for travel (I have to do this on occation too) pre-plan your meals and if possible bring them with you! I like to keep 'snacks' with me at all times. Thee are usually 0 or 1 pt foods and they are portable....for example a baggie full of grape tomoatos, or celery pieces, even dill pickles! A bag of 94% fat free popcorn, popped. I will pack a 'turkey wrap' to much on the road or letuce wrap the possiblities are endless just takes some pre-planning.

As for your meeting I bet you will have done better than you think!!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations on getting started! You really shouldn't let yourself get down if you have a bad week. I have had weeks where I have put on 2 pounds. Just take it day by day. If you have a bad week, start off on the right foot the next week.

I am a firm believer in the fact that you can eat out ANYWHERE on WW you just have to request that the waiter tell the kitchen make changes to the dishes. If I know where I'm going, I will look at the menu and modify whatever dish it is that I want. I know it may seem like a pain to ask them to change things, but most people don't mind and are very accommodating.

As for the traveling, take some fruit with you for sure. I would go through the WW recipes sections in here and see if there is anything that's easy to make you can throw in some tupper ware to take with you!

I think it's great that you have someone to talk to though!
Just remember, if you're having a rough week, there are ALWAYS people on 3FC here to support you!

Keep up the good work! I promise you'll get the hang of it, it'll just take some time like everything else does when you're new!

tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

One day at a time chick. There will be challenges, but you just have to work through them as they come up one challenge at a time. The girls at my work always have potluck suppers and there are always chocolates, and cookies and cakes and crackers etc sitting around to munch on. Ive made sure that i talk about ww often to remind them of what i am working on, ive told them to not be offended at potluck dinners when i eat only a small amount of what they have cooked and to atleast try what they have made. The cookies are hard, i have to slap my hands everytime i pass by them, then i tell myself that silly little saying..."a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"! It gets me through it every time.

Your going to be working out all the kinks for the first little while, just stay motivated and you can do it! for me in the beginning, it was hardest at the beginning starting out because it seemed like a daunting task to lose 100lbs, like i could never in a million years ever get there... felt like cheating on food a million times (useless cause your only cheating yourself i realized). Now i look at myself and i am 65lbs down (as of today!!). my leader told me today that in 5lbs from now she is going to order my 75lb charm for me from head office. I am excited. She said they dont stock the 75lb one because its rarely given out that often at our office. Soooooo i feel like a million bucks. the old saying is very true in this case. IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote