Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269.2/269.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I did it! I joined

I did it, I joined WW on Monday 2/6. So far things have been going alright. I haven't had the time between work and school to sit down and plan out my meals, so I haven't been able to get all my daily points in but I hope this weekend I can plan everything out.

I was assigned 42 points and I'm struggling to get that many in even without eating 0 pt foods. I know I need to get as close as possible, so I hope it doesn't hurt my loses if I don't reach the 42pt daily target. Any suggestions would be great.

Alan, my boyfriend, is also doing the program and was assigned 63 pts. He struggles eating that much as well.
palmettostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

Yay! I love WW! I lost 105 pounds with them before baby, and now I'm at it again...

If you're eating a balanced diet, you're doing the most important thing. If you don't get all of your points in, it won't hurt your weight loss.

By the way, I'm over it Topeka! We love coming over to Lawrence for dinner. Not too often though!!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! I LOVE WW. It's SO easy for me to stick with it.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Congrats and welcome to the WW community! We're happy to have you! My leader has told me that if you don't eat all your points to or as close to them as possibly, it can effect your weight loss negatively. This may vary from person to person. If you're struggling to meet your points, your best option is probably to plan your meals out as you said you were going to!
I hope you have a fabulous first week!
Stick with it, it's very rewarding!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #5  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Yay congrats and welcome.
I started with a similar amount of daily points in the beginning and struggled initially getting all my points in.

I found the "Suggested daily PointsPlus Targets breakdown by meal" (page 56 in the Meet PointsPlus 2012 booklet that comes with the newest starting materials) very helpful. It's completely optional and you can create your own if maybe you have different schedule/appetite needs, but having something like that is a great way to keep an eye on *roughly* what you should aim for at a meal. If you try to meet each meal, one by one, it's much less overwhelming than just winging it and getting to the end of the day, having 8 points and feeling like you need another meal to get them in.

For example, they have a column for 44 pp broken down as:
Breakfast - 7
Lunch - 12
Dinner - 16
Snack 1 - 5
Snack 2 - 4

So you would just pick 2 points to shave off wherever you wanted to make that a 42 pp total, and there's your rough per-meal guideline. Much easier to think hey what is a good 4 pp snack, than argh 22 points to go for the day what do I doooooo. The more you get used to it, the more ideas you'll have in your head for 12 point lunches or whatever (or you can just ask here if you need more inspiration!)

Higher fat dairy - milk, cheese, yogurt, etc - is a great way to add points without adding bulk. Like a Fage (greek yogurt thingy) 0% Cherry Pomegranate is 3 pp, Fage 2% Cherry is 4 pp, but a full fat cherry is 6 pp. Same amount of food, but one choice is double the points of the lowest pp choice.

Also nuts, great healthy fat, but add up in points fast so you can throw some in for something that isn't too bulky. I keep almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc in the pantry and throw them into various things. Slivered almonds with steamed green beans, walnuts mixed in with a cherry greek yogurt is good or sprinkled over a salad, etc. Also along those lines, nut butter. Runs an average of 5 pp a 2 Tbsp serving for the real deal but not too filling at all.

Hope your first week is going great!
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome, palmettostar! I'm restarting, and we're at the same weight. But I have 36 pounds (age )

Thanks for Somni for your post -- I found it very helpful.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269.2/269.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Somni - thank you for that information! Seeing it broken down like that definitely helps.

The plan is to sit down today and plan on the rest of the this weeks main meals (dinner) as lunch is easy for me to figure out and pack. Hopefully, planning out will make it easier to meet all my points.
palmettostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #8  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Somni-that's great information for those of us who have used WW before! I didn't realize there was a points breakdown. I've just rejoined after not being able to be on WW for a year exactly and I'm just getting used to the new website.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote